tim20vt

fully rebuilt 20vt

havnt got so mutch done been fixing the 2nd one,new blower fan,water pump died and fixed various other little bits.

so now im back on with the rebuild.

started to paint engine bits up and the box ready to get the engine back in.

dead pump water leak had to get that changed.

pump-2.jpg

cleaned the heat shields up with a wire brush in the drill and got those back on the underside with new clips.

shields.jpg

ran the rest of the brake lines so there all done.

lines.jpg

next job another coat of paint on the box then a good clean,put all the painted parts on the engine, put the engine back in get it running,wire brush the exhaust back up then il do the body.

also picked these up to mirror polish,2 8s and 2 7s but im gunna look for another pair of 8s.

928.jpg

donated the lenso wheels to the daily but i cant lower it even tho il have a spare set of coil overs as it wont go over the speed humps to the girlfriends work :( il lower the other twice as mutch to compensate for that one been on

stilts :D

lenso.jpg

i shud realy get a camera instead of using my phone as these pics are poor,but i keep buying cars and parts instead.

nice mate, how old are ya?

Been retrimming mine atm, going to try my dash, how much of a ball ache was it?

aha...

nah, nice car mate good work, all seems alot ncier when youve done it yourself enit.

i saw this a few weeks back and hes prepin for paint at the moment ,engine is in and running so must have some progress soon., 8)

another tribute to the corrado community, good effort on restoring, quite a dab hand with paint and spanners, oh not to mention the sewing machine! :D :notworthy:

well finaly finished my house loft conversion so im back on the car,finished the underside,got the lot back to bare metal now exept the doors,just orderd the paints so not long and il be painting it :)

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

glad to see your back on it mate :clap:

cheers :) its a big job getting there very slowly.

bit closer to paint :D removing any tiny rust spots and all the paint is a slow job.

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

Just read this whole thread and it's honestly really inspiring stuff. I've always liked to do my own stuff but even more so now.

Just need a garage now!

Just read this whole thread and it's honestly really inspiring stuff. I've always liked to do my own stuff but even more so now.

Just need a garage now!

just flatting the primer down and working on the doors etc

i need a garage too i if it was just outside in a garage id get so much further i could just get the odd hour in but its at my parents so i have to go over to it.

it has kinda turned in a realy big job to say it was running perfect when i stripped it,but now i know the whole car is rust free especialy the subframes etc they were starting to get realy bad.

Nice work again mate, looks good bare metal....

Cant wait to see it in all its glory.

thanks :) i cant wait to get it finished it will have been in bits for 2 years by the time iv finished.

it turned out to be a good choice to bare metal it i found rust under the factory sealant and other strange places,the first time i just give it a quick blow over so hopfully it will be worth the effort.

should be the quality looks good, i want to do mine but i dont have a garage etc that i can work in so im a wee stumped...

But i may do it in cans so i can smooth a few things off without leaving it looking odd...

Choice should be worth it, best things come to those that wait...

Good effort my friend ! :salute:

just on with the bonnet and filling the rear 1/4 after i pulled the dent as much as poss without cutting it out.

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

Respect!!! It takes a certain amount of faith in your own skills to paint your own car!! Your works on show warts n'all.

Still like me you've learnt on the aircooled where it's almost out of necessity to learn bodywork skills to beat all the rot!!

I hope to be doing this to my car over the winter, only I'm not going to do the top coats, instead I'm gong to do all the prep and primers and then take it into a paintshop to get it done in an oven....

By the way, hope I'm not telling you how to suck eggs, but if you use nitromors in the door and bonnet shuts, you can use the curly type (very important) of wire brush to get into the contours, it's so much quicker than sanding it and wrecking loads of sanding pads in the process.

What paint are you using?

iv never realy had a problem with the top coating,to get the finish i make the garage in to a booth i sheet it all out so its air tight and pefectly clean then i put a row of 4 box fans across the doors with filters then i open the doors as its all sealed with sheeting,and the fans keep it pretty clear just like a booth and my gun is very good for minimum overspray.

all the paint is 2k and its always been fine air dry,the first time i did the quick blow over it came out very well for a rush job and lasted exept the rust from the previous repair before i owned it came back through otherwise i wouldnt have stripped the whole car i would have left it black,but as they are getting old you could pay for a top notch repray ,and it have rust waiting to come through.

i have no intention of selling it so if i do it all myself i will know its all done right every part is keyed properly and exactly whats under the paint on the whole shell.

must say i dont enjoy the prep work,although its not as bad as all the sanding and painting i did on the underside laid upside down for weeks because the garage isnt wide enough to roll it over.

i dont like to use paintstripper at all in the garage as i cant get the car out to wash it down its not rolling,i have a bad vision of it causing reactions so i have never used it,i use a powerfile and so far 250, 80 grit discs :)

it will take me a week to hoover all the garage out theres dust everywhere

Fantastic work 8) liking how your doing the spraying yourself, a lot of work involved. I know a bit about spraying and i know what it would take to do it by yourself in a garage espically to get to the level finish you want! At work we have painted the work vehicles after cutting sills and arches and rewelded them and painted them, I also learnt why you use a proper mask. My boss came in early to finish of one vehicle, safe to say he used a light dust mask by the time we saw him and he took his mask off his teeth were a funny weird kind off white form the paint :nono: keep up the good work.