tim20vt

fully rebuilt 20vt

looks like you have some very good skills with the spray gun 8) and what are the new wheels?? Lenso ??

karl

thanks all for ya replys,yea lenso wheels,just need a fog lamp now mines broke and a debadged grill,and take sum decent pics,il photo the leather when i swap the spray gun for the sewing machine :)

you can probo see why resprays are so mutch its taken me a good 60 hours without the paint costs.

:D

id say its a grey ish black , LA9V - Brilliant Black, if i google the paint code if thats right?,whatever it is its shiney :D

i would have liked it a bit lower but my coilovers are right down at the back :(

i have found out they are Lenso BSX alloys :) but where did you get them from?? i have been looking for the last hour and cant find any for sale?? i have even been on kraut e-bay.

pm me where you got them from, that is if you dont want everyone to get some 8)

03112007056.jpg

03112007057.jpg

17012007056.jpg

corradofront.jpg

found my self a 225 apx lump from a tt after holding out for a 225 version and its got here so a bit more fun can start,decided to go with the qpeng ecu and loom so should be around 270 bhp and i wanna keep the rado clocks and dash etc,could be waiting a few weeks for that so in the mean time il get the old rado engine out.

wish me luck theres pipes everywhere :)

and even more luck for driving round in my new 1.4 seat ibiza i had to get to get me to work and about while the rados in bits,gets fun when ya forget you only have bycycle tyres on in the wet :D

24062008032.jpg

so after the conversion has been running fine since march and nearly having to sell the car last month but i managed to get round that.

so now the interior is letting it down.

29062008033.jpg

29062008034.jpg

so now i decided i need some leather so i was looking at second hand but realy i need a new one so i could just pay and have it done but seen as i did all the work myself so far it seems like i shud learn to sew and do it myself so thats what im gunna do :D

already after a fair bit of practice on scrap parts and buying a second hand industrial leather sewing machine and a load of cow skin my seats are under way :D

it looks like due to me been a bit of a perfectionist im gunna waste one hide but other than that its goin well,im gunna do new carpets and leather everthing :D :D so heres the first seat parts,just need to get a new pack of hog rings to fit the covers properly and get them pulled on tight.

30122008035.jpg

30122008037.jpg

01012009041.jpg

04012009050.jpg

04012009052.jpg

it looks like i need to make a bracket now to fit the rear seat armrest as iv got another back seat so i can swap my flat rear bench.

doesnt look like the bracket is welded in to my car,something else to sort out :?

well over the last month iv still been goin at it,but this is very hard to get right alot of credit shud go to retrimmers but finaly iv masterd the sewing machine and after 3 scraped hides and alot of practice im finaly gettin the results i was after all the parts in the pics before now im redoin again they just wernt perfect i dont like the sag.

iv had to put a new carpet in not an easy task to get the right shape but its gettin there

and now im doin every plastic part theres alot of work in the tunnel :D

this has been far far harder than when i put the tt lump in thats still goin strong one year on without a single problem inbetween as a daily driver :D :)

the next thing is to get the last parts of the rear seat done the base in the pic isnt tight enough so im gunna go for that again and then go for the parcel shelf and dash shud keep me goin :)

26022009073.jpg

interior so far not happy with the slack in the rear base so im gunna have another go as that was a first attempt when i didnt have any control over the sewing machine clutch :)

26022009067.jpg

these parts have nothing to make a pattern so i have to do them in paper to make a pattern first so its slow but worth it i think:)

26022009071.jpg

finaly happy with this base at last.

26022009069.jpg

half way through a rear card

26022009068.jpg

another tricky part nearly there the leathers so thick im just goin to buy a dremmel type tool to take a bit of plastic away so it all folds under and fits right.

so a fair few more tins of spray glue and i shud be gettin there :)

WOW!!!!

that looks great ,cant wait to see this when its done,how are you curving the carpet or are you cutting and stitching?? i need to do this mine..

(bonnets waiting for you )

Nice job on the headrest there.

I bought a machine for leather a few years ago and have still not got round to buying any hide! Used it for some canvas & vinyl work but no leather.

Tried to do a Recaro headrest myself but it turned into a right mess!

Seems to be just too fast for me & each treadle touch just results in 10 stiches!

What have you got? Is it a walking foot? 1400 odd rpm motor?

And where is your hide coming from? Only found Martrim and Boyriven so far & couldn't bring myself to buy in practice hides!

Nice job on the headrest there.

I bought a machine for leather a few years ago and have still not got round to buying any hide! Used it for some canvas & vinyl work but no leather.

Tried to do a Recaro headrest myself but it turned into a right mess!

Seems to be just too fast for me & each treadle touch just results in 10 stiches!

What have you got? Is it a walking foot? 1400 odd rpm motor?

And where is your hide coming from? Only found Martrim and Boyriven so far & couldn't bring myself to buy in practice hides!

the hide is from martrim mate.

and yea its a seiko walking foot machine i modded a bit of pvc tube to limit the clutch but its still taken me a good two months and i mainly used cardboard and stitched that untill i could use it but they are hard to use especialy when they go so fast. lol

26022009076.jpg

suppose this thing has to take sum of the credit :)

i havnt got as far this week i got a bit stuck as i couldnt fix anything in untill i did the roof liner.

the leather is a bit thick to form the shape of the roof so it would have taken me a while to do it in a few pieces so i went for brown suade.

and i got one half of the rear seat back done the built in headrest is a pain to get right.

06032009078.jpg

07032009080.jpg

07032009083.jpg

07032009081.jpg

on to the other rear seat half now. :) im not a big ice fan but i think im gunna do a bit of a build in the boot i shud

have enough leather left after the dash.

im on the look out for sum 16x9ish wheels now and use myn for winter they only did 2 winters before the laqure has blisterd a few bits to toutch up then il make a few shows :)

Top work chap. So, how much has the retrim set you back? Were the hides expensive, and was the sewing machine off ebay or summut?