tim20vt

fully rebuilt 20vt

still waiting for a few parts from vw to get the engine back in.

heres a few more interior parts now finished off.

shelffin.jpg

not sure if the brown parts will stay yet.

dash1.jpg

dash2.jpg

finished dash and got spray glue alover the floor and ruind it :shock: still need to do the shelf parts underneath and probo put down another floor when the other half sees it.

doorpod1.jpg

doorpod3.jpg

did one door pod came out quite well.

all looking fantastic love the door pod.,

you should try some glue off on your floor i use it at work and melts any glue!!

nice one il give a glue remover a try the nozzle gets blocked then ya spray it and it shoots glue the compleat wrong way up the walls etc :) no point in doin owt till i finish all the parts im sure i can get more glue allover.

Did you get the parcel shelf strap?

I have one somewhere I can dig out if you need it.

Car is looking awesome... What number am I on the pls redo my interior queue?

if you have a parcel shelf strap that would be great cheers! :) i still only have the 1

about number ten for a dash lol it seems there in demand altho i just dont have any spare time at all untill my own car is finished hope to be on show at vw festival but i keep playing on the xbox instead :) so i need to get a move on

just done the other side

doorcard4.jpg

the rest of the car has been goin pretty slow iv now nearly rebuilt all the front end,it took the guys at my local vw grage a while to get me all the new nuts and bolts clips etc to replace all the rusty ones,i got round to getting all new bushes wishbones bearings etc etc. its a bit further on than this il have to get some more pic together.

bay2.jpg

bay1.jpg

Very impressive work going on!!!

Reading your comments, i know where your coming from, when you re-trim your own interior and you can see all the imperfections that no-one else can. Looking at the pics, youve done an awesome job. I'm onto my second interior?! Was cream, now black with red stitch. Your front door cards look really well done compared to mine! I may have to have another go at them.

Nice to see another man can use an industrial machine - and on a forum like this that gets respect!

Tim

Fair play to you mate the whole car looks fantastic inside and out I would love to be able to give my rado the time you have. :D

yea il throw some more pics up,im still goin at it.

not as mutch as id like tho it doesnt look like il make vw festival in the rado.

big thanks to the parts guys at whiterose vw too for helping me find every clip and bolt even when iv been spending like 10p at times.

its slow goin removing derusting and recoating every part alot more time than ya would think, but the main paint work wont take too long.

im now working on the rear end and painting the gear box up il get more pics.

now iv had the front subframes coated.

goodridge hoses came and many many other parts all new.

frontframes.jpg

subframes recoated

pic1.jpg

new wishbones balljoints splash plates for the discs etc etc

pic2.jpg

think im gunna be replacing the coilovers so i havnt done them.

pic3.jpg

any rust ground out then re underseald bits, then 3 or 4 coats of gloss white on the front half of the shell now

pic4.jpg

seat.jpg

front seats look pretty good now for a diy job altho a few attempts before went in the bin

iv had a bit more spare time so im gunna get on with a bit more.

got the rear beam off and stripped down and orderd new genuine bushes bearings etc etc.

orderd all the bolts to replace every rusty bolt on the car spent near £200 on bolts and tiny clips alone at vw :(

beam.jpg

started to grind all the rust off

beam2.jpg

ran out of paint half way through the beam.

tankstrap.jpg

tank straps have seen better days.

rear.jpg

cleaning all the dirt off ready to remove any rust and then repaint it all i have now dropped the pump and fuel lines off tho probo not a great idea to grind all the rust off near that.

hole.jpg

found my first hole that needs welding up altho im not a painter or trimmer i dont mind them bits but im a welder for a job so was hoping i wouldnt have to do too mutch looks like i got away lightly this is all i found on the whole shell,so il bring a welder from work and tig that up..

collecting some more paint today and all the parts from vw to rebuild the rear end tmrw. :)

Looks great!! You are quite the trimmer! Wish I could afford to restore my Corrado like that.

thanks!! not quite the trimmer it took me a fair while and a fair few wasted attempts at it altho its coming together iv been at it for 6 months but the car isnt at my house so its taking longer.

the worst job by far is cleaning and derusting everything the car must be 20kg lighter the amount of mud and rust thats come off it or fallen on my head and in my eyes cos i cant roll it over the garage isnt wide enough i have to do it all laid under it :)

got my parts from vw now :)

DSC00099.jpg

removed any rust and resealed then painted the underside.

under.jpg

finished the beam just need to pull the bushes out and fit the new ones.

beamdone.jpg

great work tim this has turned into one hell of a project!!

keep up the good work :salute:

great work tim this has turned into one hell of a project!!

keep up the good work :salute:

thanks mate thats how it normaly ends up lol

managed to get the old bushes out and the new ones in,i didnt have the vw tool so i had to make do with a normal puller but it worked out ok.

got the beam back on with all new bolts etc.

got the tank cleaned up and back on.

tank.jpg

got a roll of cupro nickle brake pipe and borrowed a flaring tool not sure if its mutch better than copper but it seems harder to bend etc.

lines2.jpg

lines1.jpg

started to make all the new brake lines not sure why there sutch a wierd shape but it made for a bit of fun trying to

bend them all.

linetool.jpg

just gonna clean all the fuel pump housing up now then the rear end is nearly done.

thanks guys!

when i look at the pics it seems to take ages to make any headway :)

after my girlfriend cant drive the mk1 cab without powersteering iv decided to move it on,altho i did realy like it i need to find it a new home.

so heres rado number 2,so many good but rusty or dirty parts have come off rado 1 it made sense to get another and use the bits.

so i found it on here another 2.0 16v needs a bit of tlc and the usual matrix, heater controls ,ignition switch,door handle and some other bits.

cant wait to do another heater matrix :clap:

:D

rado2back.jpg

rado2-1.jpg

so thanks joanne i know you were sad to see it go!