Sign in to follow this  
Paul H

** STOLEN 16V CORRADO - G936 AGS **

Eyes open please:

Stolen in Newport South Wales last night my lovley 16v Corrado 'G936 AGS'

All original in white, working spoiler, 141,000 on the clock.

Engine no KR143877

Chassis no .....20350

This one has been in the family for 15 years, so I'm really gutted to loose it. Got taken in the night from the drive outside the house on a really quiet dead end street, so I'm presuming that this was not a casual joyride.

If anyone sees it about, or it gets offered for sale, drop me a line or call your local bobby please.

Paul

balls... obviously planned if you're up a dead ended street! :shock:

not the best thing to say i appreciate, but keep an eye on fleaBay in case someone decides it's easier to shift on as parts.

good luck finding it mister!!

Gutted for you mate - can't imagine how I'd feel...especially as the car has been in the family so long. Will keep an eye out for it in the west country.

Out of interest, did they hot wire it or did they break in the house to get the keys?

All the best in finding the car / culprits.

Blimey.

Must be a stolen to order job, I would reinforce the keep and eye on ebay line and make sure you PM anyone selling a KR block for the engine number..

..although getting plod to do anything about it may be an uphill struggle.

Just made this topic 'Global' which means it will appear at the top of every section.

Fingers crossed that you get it back in the same condition it was in when the scum took it.

Gutted for you mate! Especially with it being in the family for so long.

As said though, good luck with the plod, if you're lucky you'll get a crime number.

This is why we have a CCTV camera pointing at our drive, hopefully it serves as a deterent, or gives the police something to work on.

just posted this on the Newport edition site , why not try flyering the tredegar house show at the weekend all the local car nuts will be there

Rob

I'm really sorry to hear about that. I'm on ebay a few times a day so will keep a look out for you and have noted the engine number.

Hope you/the police find it.

Keep us posted.

Stefan

I will keep an eye out for it in the Cardiff area on my night shifts tonight and tomorrow. I'll let the other shifts and neighbouring stations know to keep an eye out too. Gutted for you.

I have to say, I'm quite surprised. I mean, 17-year old 16v Corrados aren't the sort of motor you'd expect to find getting nicked very often...are they? I kind of assume that even thieves would turn their nose up at mine!

On the contrary, 17 year old cars are about the only ones that can be nicked without the keys nowadays.

Would be very surprised if this isnt some local scum who had an opportunistic joyride.

Gutted for you, i know how I'd feel, hope it comes back in one piece.

Im really gutted for you mate

And always on ebay looking for bits and bobs so i will defo keep my eye open and my hubby to

fingers crossed x

//ive been informed of a breaking corrado in newport, its an old one dont know the colour though

i hate to be the one to say this but... if the car had been stolen professionally and to order then she's more than likely long gone now. i hope to god im wrong and you get her back though, i couldn't imagine mine being stolen and i've only had her a month or two. so i feel for you. (stay positive)

I thought I would post a note to say thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts & offers of help.

It's now six days later & hope is pretty well faded. Nothing from the police except a crime number through the post, but expectation was pretty low on that front anyway.

To answer the questions asked:

- No, it was not alarmed, entirely original spec & to be honest I really did not think anyone would want to steal it. There is probably a lesson there for anyone else with a similar mindset. Taking out the HT lead on holidays only is just not enough!

- Hotwired or towed - I still have the keys. Probably pushed away to be begin with as no-one was woken in the house.

- The lack of a burnt out shell turning up does suggest that someone took a fancy to it. That there is (literally) no foot traffic past the house confirms this in my mind.

So, situation now is a Nissan Micra hire car (brmmm brmmm!) for 10 days on the insurance & looking forward to a "free & frank" discussion with the insurance company over the value of a seventeen year old but orignal & fully maintained 16v. I'll start a new thread on that one to at least give you allsome amusement & outrage in return for all this support.

In the meantime I'm into the for sale ads and looking for another Corrado in a medium hurry - it won't have all the family history that went with the old one, but moving to a VR6 might help me get over it..........

Thanks to everyone.

Paul H

i'll keep my eyes peeled over this side of the country, and if you do locate it dont call the police as they probably wont be interested, i'll quite happily lend some assistance if required though :D