Philuk

Philuk 94 Aqua Blue VR6.. Reassemble Time

Whats the weight like on the wheels been looking at getting a set of then single piece jobbies.

the modernlines are quite heavy but they are very nice :p lol, the eibach springs are very comfortable to be fair, remember its on its standard 50 profile tyres atm like. it does sit a tad lower on the rear than on the front and thats my main reason for getting coilovers, to try and level it out or even make it go the other way! lol. Went to Beverly today to put my private reg on the car and have done it! So instead of looking for M343FTN you will have to look for C16 PMB :) Cheers! - TW the eibach springs will be up for sale when the coilovers go on. i simply wont have any use for them :)

i kno tell me about it, when i get the coilovers on im gonna put the moderlines on just to see how they sit and to see how much archwork ill need for my driving etc :)so will take a couple of snaps ! :D

Its going to look awesome on the modernlines, fed up now of seeing 3 piece splits, i like that there is dish still but not set right deep back in with the face/spokes just looking to find the nearest kerb lol. My next wheels for sure but still not 9's to save some weight and to be able to actually drive aggressive and fast still without tram lining all over the road.

tramlining is the least of my worries, i had 7x17" wheels on my MK1 Clio and 7.5x18" on the Bravo :D gotta love the extreme! lol. you gotta stop tugging at me about these wheels there sat about 15 foot away from me and i wanna fit em so badly, every time i go downstairs i see them and i wanna put them on! lol

2 posts aint tugging but if thats what it takes for you to go and do a trial fitment then so be it lol.

We need pics

We need pics

All chant

We need pics

We need pics

We need pics

you have no idea how much i wanna fit em, but i want em to be right :p - coilovers going on on friday so.......... sunday night, we will have to see hey :p ;)

n ext sunday! :p its getting the coilovers fitted on friday coming :p lol so will give it a whirl, ive got like £1100 worth of stuff within arms reach of myself and i wanna fit it! :p lol :D

Managed to get my grill sprayed up. i painted the brow and left the grill black with a bit of endurance tyre gloss it came up nice and shiney :D. i got some paint from VW and to be honest, it was crap to apply. didnt seem to be much pressure in the can so it was constantly needing shaking and it was spluttering. but i made the best of a bad job really. aswell i got some pics of the coilovers, got the new tensioner and belt and the strut mounts front and rear ready for in 6 hours i shall be taking the car to the garage to have it all fitted, on that note im off to bed! Enjoy the pics and i might get some tomorrow of it lowered :D

grilltop.jpg

grill from the front

grillfull.jpg

grill from the side

coiloverbox.jpg

i kno its on a side but just tilt your head :p

coiloverfr.jpg

front coilovers

coiloverr.jpg

rear coilovers

struttop.jpg

strut mounts

pullybelt.jpg

tensioner pulley and alternator belt :D

Thanx for looking!

weather for a change looks like its gonna be against me, i havent got a garage as such, the car is stored in a lockup which is all cobbled so i cant use a jack in there, the only place i can really do it is on the street and if the snow keeps up like it is then thats buggared that, with me being at work till 4 i only have a small time gap before it turns to the black arctic that i can do it in. Pray for good weather after 4 and ill have a look at em :D otherwise its gonna be an after work job during the week. ie after 6 :( - working it retail is gash!!!!!

will have to see what its like when i finish work :p :). trust me, i am so desperate to do it!!!! lol

job stuffed, went to girlfriends parents and the snowman has brought the snow! shite! so will have to try it one night during the week :S

ok my day off, and the car was booked in for tracking at 11am. i so i needed to get it lowered to a decent height for the tracking to work best :p

soooo i did just that and while i had the wheels off.............

wheels4.jpg

wheels3.jpg

wheels2.jpg

wheels.jpg

i got em on! :D i kno the car needs a clean but it started raining before i had got back with it so that knackered it. they fit but it needs arch work and i think it needs to go a bit lower on the back, not much like, since taking the pictures it has settled in alot more and i can get my foot underneath but can hardly move it. so it might not need to go down much more on the back. but i want em on for good now! :D lol. so need to find someone who can roll arches well and is decent priced

got the tracking done by a local garage for £25 that was laser tracking/camber adjustment :) and heres a pic of it on the ramps about 20 mins after i had finished lowering it. it looks lower in the pic but its gone down a bit more than this, i went to brid and it looks like the bumpy roads have helped settle in the suspension. it cant go down anymore on the front, the splitter catches everything already lol. :) ENJOY!

ramp.jpg

and one last one as i was backing her up into the garage for the night :)

garage.jpg this one is crap i kno but it was taken on a phone :)

Thanks for looking and junkie can enjoy it as much as i do now :p lol

@ Phil

any chance you would post up the part number of your Brands Hatch alloys? On ETKA there are two versions, one for the passat and another for the Corrado. they are different off sets. Just interested to know which you have. thanks dude.

Not quite the look i had in mind tbh, i dont like it

:wave: only kidding, looking loads better, get some more pics up when its settled properly and lowered slightly.

@ Phil

any chance you would post up the part number of your Brands Hatch alloys? On ETKA there are two versions, one for the passat and another for the Corrado. they are different off sets. Just interested to know which you have. thanks dude.

yes mate next time there off ill have a butchers for you, i didnt really pay that much attention when i took em off and like i say there back on again now lol

and

at junkie, i shit when i first read that i was gonna come find you and dush ya on the head! i wanna get em on properly now. :D lol

Not sure haw far you want to travel but Crooksey used these about a month ago Wide Wheels he says they did a brill job, PM him or look on his members thread for more info.

i was looking at that website about 20 mins ago! they aint that far from me really lol, maybe a couple of hours at most :), will have to have a look on crookseys thread see how they did and what he had done. wonder if there is anyone else who wants anything doing, they do group discount :) lol