Philuk

Philuk 94 Aqua Blue VR6.. Reassemble Time

after my purchases at harewood house i gave the car a quick swill over and took some snaps :D

i also bought myself a new camera so was a good time to get some pics with that! shame that going from raw to jpeg loose so much quality lol!

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0679.jpg

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0618.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0632.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0674.jpg

IMG_0681.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

Thanks for looking!

my delivery of new brakes came friday :D

EBC discs and redstuff pads :D

new SKF wheel bearings for rear, cause one of em has got a right whirr on it!

and i got my exhaust coming, should be here monday! woop woop where is the parcelforce man! :D

all getting fitted tuesday/wednesday so will get some pics up of it all :)

looking good man, i never like those red/clear rear clusters normally but they look really nice on yours..suits the aqua blue really well..may have to consider those for mine!!

Looking good man. I might have to upgrade the brakes on mine because I had a slightly hairy moment on the way to work this morning. Braking from 90 to 50 on a B road didn't happen nearly as quickly as I hoped it would :eek:. Oops, did I say 90? I meant 61 :wink:. Still, no harm done.

Just one question... what the hell is that thing on the top of your aerial??

rofl its just a monkey aerial topper :D helps keep the car on the road at 60+ ;) lol brake are mint tho! really sharp and responsive, nearly put my head thru thw windscreen first time i presed em lol

Hi Phil, it seemed more appropriate to reply to your post in your thread, not mine.

What profile tyres are you planning on getting? Isn't 205*40 about right for 9's"? I've done a few searches online and it seems you are fairly limited with choice for 205*40's though.

I know Dunlop and Yokohama do 215/35, and that works out an even lower profile than 205*40, so will make the ride a little more harsh....

mmm i havent really thought much on it. i know people are running 205/40 so thats what i was gonna go for but i dunno what 215/35 will do. i think mine needs to have the tyres pulling in more to stop catching as upposed to moving the tyre lower from the arch.. dunno. am thinking of 185/45 for the front to pull them in a bit cause it catches when giving it some round bouncy roads lol

not been on this post for ages. nothing new has happened to the beast but got some snaps last night. apologies for the dirtyness of the car! lol weather round here has been total gash and it seems every time i drive it i go into rain which makes it get blathered!

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0987.jpg

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0996.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1005.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

comments welcome :)

been a while since anything happened on here so here goes!

Had a funny clunking on the suspension and when turning left. preseumed it was cv joint and then when i gave it some teddy it made a loud crack and sounded worse. it went into the garage and it turned out one of the arb drop links had snapped so got a new one put on and it looks like it might of scored the cv boot but dunno if its broken it. MOT in 2 weeks time and have just ordered myself some DDI dials so they should be here in the next week or so! woop woop looking forward to this year now :D wanna goto loads of shows with the car :)

Car is looking lovely Phil, DDI dials are a great upgrade, do get some pics up when you have done them and if you have time, a working progress doing them :)

Cheers

Vick

Loving those wheels Phil, and (IMO) one of only a few C's which I like the crystal rears on. Just seem to work really well on yours. Top stuff :salute:

still no sign of the dials yet, company i ordered em from say they are in customs apparently so the kilo of coke must of made some buzzers go off lol

on another note the car had its MOT the other day and failed!!

It needs

Both front strut top mounts! (only had these done when i put coilovers on which is about 8 months ago!!) so they are going back under warrenty

Brake compensator valve

Rear brake pipe

ABS Sensor

and its too low! so i need toi raise it a bit! lol

goin in on tuesday to have the bits done then it will get retested straight away! woop

Did the strut tops fail because of play? Im pretty sure they normally have a little play in them so they may actually be fine.

yea they failed due to excessive play, not just a bit :/. its a really good garage that do all the work on another corrado thats from round here, so i presume they would kno if it was like that or not. ill find out when they swap em, if they take em out and they are fine then they wouldnt just replace em for the sake of it.

Not 100% on the grill but apart from that love it! Rims are perfect :wink:

Did you buy genuine top mounts? I had trouble with the ones i got from gsf [febi or something] now use vag and they are ok.

terry

they were SKF on there and i have refitted febi ones this time, i phoned the dealer and they were quite a bit more expensive. i figured if its gonna shit em every year i might aswell just use the cheaper ones! lol

got it back today and its passed, cost about £350 including parts to get it thru the MOT which i suppose isnt bad! lol

gotta lower it again now because the garage had to raise it due to there not been enough suspension travel - the soft gits. so next thursday or friday it shall be getting the wheels put back on and lowered again all ready for ultimate dubs! cant wait now!!

they were SKF on there and i have refitted febi ones this time, i phoned the dealer and they were quite a bit more expensive. i figured if its gonna **** em every year i might aswell just use the cheaper ones! lol

like your thinking :D :D

still waiting on the dials! for christ sake they taking ages! aparently they are waiting on the container to arrive here! think the boat must of missed england and gone all the way round the world!

anyways! put the modernlines back on and am getting some new tyres for the rear to try and stop catching issues! woop

how do fella me mate managed to get a rolling shot of your car when we saw you on the m way took it on his phone

08032009663.jpg

neil.

how do fella me mate managed to get a rolling shot of your car when we saw you on the m way took it on his phone

08032009663.jpg

neil.

That looks cool, good work fella 8)