Philuk

Philuk 94 Aqua Blue VR6.. Reassemble Time

yeah i can see, makes the candles ive got in mine look rubbish!

i thought about trying some LED bulbs see if that makes a difference. got some in the main beam and there fairly bright.

Cracking photos, cracking mota!

Headlights do look good, are you running an uprated headlight loom with the HID kit?

no mate they dont need an upgraded loom, they plug into the original plugs and have there own ballast! :D

dunno if just led sidelight bulbs will make much difference tbh, they just dont do that much. would look alot better but dunno about light output!

rears look brilliant, as does the whole car. Do the indicators flash orange, btw?

yes mate i have used LED amber bulbs and just put a bulb holder in the boot with an extra bulb which really i should change for a resistor but i just cba! lol

Absoultely stunning mate. You've got it spot on with that combination of mods I think and the pictures look amazing. Would love to see it in the flesh this weekend but unfortunately I've got a family thing on so I won't be going. Gutted.

Those rears look awesome mate, must have been some very professional spray job done and then sold for a very cheap price to you... ;)

Where did you get your orange LED bulbs from and how much? Going to be needing some for mine.

She looks absolutely amazing, really love those crystal red rears. The wheels look fantastic as well. :)

Got my Sports cat, exhaust manifold polished inlet manifold, painted rocker cover and smoothed & painted engine cover put on a couple of months ago

Here is how they look :)

6107237586_7465f1c2a9.jpg

Untitled by Philuk56, on Flickr

Edited by Philuk

As if this this long since i put anything up! :o

Changed my front calipers from standard to 288mm but i didnt want to take the easy route! ooo no i went for some sharan calipers instead,

So got everything ordered for the car. I didnt look at the hoses on the calipers and it turns out that they are screw in fitment like standard corrado stuff! so arse i had to go and find some banjo bolts and copper washers to fit em. Got all the rears done. Started doing the fronts and the copper pipe was paggered. Had to leave it for the night and started on it again the next morning with new copper pipe and everything went on.. but we couldnt get it to bleed properly and the fronts sounded like they were binding to the disc. I gave up and gave it to a friend who is a mobile mechanic who took it to his house and got it all bled up but couldnt work out why it was binding. Turns out the inside of the carrier was just touching the inside of the disc when the wheel was put on so we had to space out the caliper and carrier with some HT 1.5mm washers. soft pedal couldnt get it to bleed so in the end he just started from scratch and bled the entire system thru to get rid of everything.

Next problem. Rear is locking up before the front is so after having a search and read on here! i found out we needed to adjust the compensator bias valve. We have done that tonight and the brakes are still a little arse end happy but hopefully the fronts will bed in a bit more and it all should work fine!

Other than that im lost!

well as you might of read in the drivetrain forum my calipers are just wrong. so im on with ordering some golf 3 ones now! then i can get this 288mm upgrade sorted! and get some decent brakes finally!

HID kits mate ;) help massively!

Just spotted this - they look great but you'll need to take them out before your next MOT because the rules are changing: you can't have HIDs any more unless you have self-levelling and headlamp washers. Also the beam pattern will be wrong (the optics weren't designed for HIDs so they focus incorrectly) so it's too bright upfront and dangerously dark further ahead. All the new rules are on the AA's site here - they come in on the first of April.

Lovely car though! :)

I kno. Sucks dont it. MOT is in a week or two so i should get it through this year and then just swap em over next year :) lol. To be fair i know my MOT'er quite well and he knows that what i change for the test will just be put back after the test lol.

Wow, been this long since i updated. not alot has happened tbh! I bought some Mk3 Calipers from ebay and they fit straight on and worked. Im still not convinced that they are bled right as it doesnt feel as bitey as i expected. Ive changed job now and am mulling about in a brand new van so maybe thats why it doesnt feel as strong as i think they should. Not alot has happened to the car tbh! :/ Cleaned it a few times and i think im gonna go back to standard grille as im loosing the love for the eyebrow grille!

Altho i did find a little bit of rusty rust under the passenger side windscreen seal where it looks like its had the screen changed badly. Means the passenger side leaks a bit and the footwell gets a bit moist! not ideal to say the least!!

You may well be right about jumping out of a new car back into the c.... I do this and think my brakes are shot!

Get on the screen mate, that ain't good!

seeing as you have changed the calipers the brake pads might just need to wear flat to your discs, does the pedal feel abit more spongey then normal? if all the air has been bled out then give the pads a chance to wear abit, i had this when i replaced my calipers for mk4 ones, the brakes at first were terrible!! but it wasnt long before they were working properly, and yea sort that rust out sooner rather then later , if its leaking then its bad and the more dammage its gona do to places that cannot be reached

even if you gota cut the rott out and treat it and then fill it, its better then leaving it open for more rott

i know i know. its just im so skint atm :/ wish i could just send it to the bodyshop and get it sorted, aswell im having to use the car daily for work so i need something for my journey. I was using the gf's audi but thats started making a right off knocking noise and i darent use it! Also with her car being in the bodyshop we need both of em on the road!

Wow long time since I had an update, car came off the road in October, and work today began to strip it down and get it ready for paint, started by taking off the headlights and the grill, the screws for the fog lights were shafted, drilled them out and started removing the bumper, 3 of the 4 bumpers bolts came out with a bit of persuasion the 4 just snapped but the bumper still came out ok. The front slam panel came out a doddle and I knew the rad was knackered but wow! There was no fins left at all! Taking the front bumper off the two bolts came out on the easy side but then the centre mounting bolt just pulled out of the upper subframe so I need a new one of them then taking the rear bumper off one of the bolts rounded so had to hammer a 16mm socket onto it and get it off with that! All done and back on the floor now, dunno what to do next tho! Haha

8857786251_514dff481b_b.jpg

8857784905_853bb3b43e_b.jpg

8857783711_81d06d29c0_b.jpg

8858392024_901eaf922c_b.jpg

---------- Post added at 9:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:20 PM ----------

Wow long time since I had an update, car came off the road in October, and work today began to strip it down and get it ready for paint, started by taking off the headlights and the grill, the screws for the fog lights were shafted, drilled them out and started removing the bumper, 3 of the 4 bumpers bolts came out with a bit of persuasion the 4 just snapped but the bumper still came out ok. The front slam panel came out a doddle and I knew the rad was knackered but wow! There was no fins left at all! Taking the front bumper off the two bolts came out on the easy side but then the centre mounting bolt just pulled out of the upper subframe so I need a new one of them then taking the rear bumper off one of the bolts rounded so had to hammer a 16mm socket onto it and get it off with that! All done and back on the floor now, dunno what to do next tho! Haha

8857786251_514dff481b_b.jpg

8857784905_853bb3b43e_b.jpg

8857783711_81d06d29c0_b.jpg

8858392024_901eaf922c_b.jpg