Philuk

Philuk 94 Aqua Blue VR6.. Reassemble Time

ive done it now! :p lol, took it off saturday night.. much prefer it.. altho it did piss down sunday morning before i had set off which made it interesting getting out the parking space! lol

cool mate yea, you been up here in the corrado?

Yeah, not the most frugal of journeys but can do it in 3 and a half hours if it's dark :D

depends which way you go.. the a64/m1 is boring.. i much prefer going across the tops.. m18/m62 to howden the accross the tops! :D you will have to say when your back over here and ill make an effort ;)

definitely! howden to driffield to scarborough at night when its quiet is the reason i've kept driving it rather than getting the train! :D

car gone into the bodyshop on monday and i should get it back early next week, having all the underside waxoiled aswell while its there. so while it was there i took the headlights out and used the Lamin-x film i bought on them to tint them and took them apart to paint the seperator bit black. here are the pics of the lamps and i will take some pics of the car when she gets back!

4775582688_535ae6fa9f.jpg

4775809780_b126f7b424.jpg

4775173007_3654288fc3.jpg

Those lights look amazing. Can't wait to see what they look like fitted!! :)

bit curious to what the light output will be like! lol might have to get a loom soon :)

back from the bodyshop today, gave her a bit of a wash, inbetween the rain, fitted the headlights, tinted the front fogs and indicators!

quick snippet!

4797137884_b596018704.jpg

btw this is before i cleaned it so there is allsorts of dust and stuff on it from the way home!

ps why do numberplate have to be legal it looks sooo much better with the plate off the front! thats on now aswell but i havent got any pics!

The lights look amazing, what tint did you go for? Is it easy to separate the headlights and how do you paint them? Sorry for all the questions! :D

/\ yeh me too, lights look really good, which tint did you use?

thanks for the comments, i used subtle tint and i bought a 12x12 for the fogs and indicators, and a 12x16 for the headlights came with a squeegee thing and a knife to trim it. altho i found it easier using a pair of scissors to trim the edge and fold it round, very easy to apply and the results are ace - changes the headlights from crap to really crap but looks awesome! - might have to get some HID or an uprated loom!

The lights look amazing, what tint did you go for? Is it easy to separate the headlights and how do you paint them? Sorry for all the questions! :D

all i did was take out the headlights from the car and sit in the sun with a beer, there is a plastic surround which comes away from the lights with the removal of some weird clip thing then there is about 8 clips which hold the glass to the plasic housing once they were off the lends came away eay, i painted the inside of the lenses with hammerite tinted the glass and stuck it all back together! very nice and easy mod! very impressed with it

Good work :thumbleft:

Another tip tho, which I didn't think about til it was too late and not sure if u've done it...was to sand down the marks and writing (whatever it is, ISO marks?) on the fogs and indicators...otherwise ur left with small bubbles where the film is quite thick and kinda 'bubbles' over...d'oh!

haha i kno that now.. i realised once i had put em on.. was tempted to buy some more and sand em down but nevermind! ya cant tell unless you get close, just ordered some HID kits for the lamps to try increase some light output, gone for 6k which is as close to standard as they do... ie the least blue ones!

Uh-oh it's a downward spiral from here......next thing you know you'll be ordering the gun smoke stuff!

haha i think this is dark enough for me, it does look really black on the car which is what i was after!

altogether for all the film to do headlights and fogs/indicators cost me about £33-00 posted if i remember right! really worthwhile mod tho. i was really suprised of the quality of the film. i expected it jsut to be like tint film but its not.

thanks for all the comments and yea will make sure the blackberry has msn signed in and have a chat with ya!

just got some pics from the bodyshop from when she was in there. got all the underside waxoyled aswell while it was there :)

4809837735_75fe74d225.jpg

4809836665_9dffe94f49.jpg

4810456792_a107360d1d.jpg

4809835375_da91d643b8.jpg

4810458152_729d4bb009.jpg

4809835375_da91d643b8.jpg

not exactly mint pics, will get some nice ones this weekend at pod hopefully :)

Wow the blue is jumping up at you, looks amazing :notworthy:

I best stop looking at freshly sprayed cars, its making me feel poorly :pale: Then I see my stone chips :gag: