Chris Langdon

Chris Langdon's Moonlight Blue VR6 thread!!!

cheers for the comments guy,

yeah they are my all time favourite wheels leon and i drove along way to get them, they do come up for time to time on fleabay, yeah you will pay through the nose for them tho, as some people will say on here, but a casio does the same job as a rolex or an omega but you always pay more money for them lol :) if i didnt get them thw RH's would of been next in line :)

Nice. Are they a straight swap for speedlines or do you need adaptors? Im looking for some RS's, 16inch though and unlikely to be 301s as Im poor.

Black corrados I think are the best and those wheels together with the lowering make it look the nuts.

Very nice mate, i'd go a bit lower at the back if i were you, 5 mm less than the front or even it out.... Looks alot like mine !

Nice. Are they a straight swap for speedlines or do you need adaptors? Im looking for some RS's, 16inch though and unlikely to be 301s as Im poor.

Black corrados I think are the best and those wheels together with the lowering make it look the nuts.

yep no adaptors needed just a straight swap for the speedlines, if your going to put wider rims on tho (more than 7j x 17) than i would look at getting the arches done,

ITS MOONLIGHTBLUE!!! LOL its ok i get that all the time

cheers for the comments KAD :)

Very nice mate, i'd go a bit lower at the back if i were you, 5 mm less than the front or even it out.... Looks alot like mine !

Yeah it does look like yours mate, would like to get my rear lights done next :)

cheers phil. :D

Happy new year dubbers :)

Went for the MOT today, and on the way back went the scenic route home :) enjoy as it was freezin taken these :(

2a0c2ub.jpg

ezonqh.jpg

24wwpdu.jpg

24x06xv.jpg

3179rx2.jpg

p.s it passed the MOT btw :D

cheers

chris

cheers zak

No mate they're my summer wheels, just that i fitted some H&R coilovers over xmas (xmas prezzie to myself) and wanted to see what they looked like, they are coming off again tomorrow and the speedlines are going back on!!! :(

i probably will lower a little more also but only for shows

cheers

chris

lol good man :D yeah not the most practical wheel in the world especially since theres no lacquer on the rims, wouldnt mind doing what you done to my rear lights next, :)

I lovin your recaros BTW :wink:

Red rears on moonlight blue look superb, heres a pic on my first corrado which was moonlight blue

100_4221large.jpg

Just make sure you fit the led bulbs on the back so the indicators flash orange. Good call with the rs's thats exactly why mine are tucked away waiting for summer.

cheers corrado nos , tbh thats the sort of look im after the less is more look, ive worn out my copy of PVW's OSV old car, i just need to get mine up to that standard and some nice front recaros in leather lol

cheers

chris

ahhhhhh dont zak, im now probably going to go down halfords first thing tomorrow morning now and cause havoc i my wife's kitchen for the day lol :) you pin striped the ones on the blackberry vr tho havent you???

The vr ones are overlays and only the reverse light is striped, i think i will swap them to savage tinted ones when the weather gets better as the finish is better.

The moonlight 16v had pinstriped indicators and reverse lights and was tinted with savage spary. The finish was excellent imo but the tint used to fade with the sun. So im going to try and laquer over the tint when i do the ones for the vr.

ZAK dont get me started :) A/C, Recaros,VSR tbh the amount of time we would both a/c in this country, but its always nice to have, i have leather seats, but would love recaros, they just look the business :) a/c was a dealer fit in the corrado not like the factory golfs???

Thats right it was a dealer fit option only, maybe its me but i think i would use it a fair but in the summer. Maybe i should be happy with the spec i have :lol:

Hows the mk1? im looking for inspiration to get mine back on the road for the summer!

yep do it i love my mk1, i only use mine in the summer to go to shows,weekends etc as i cant afford to run both cars all year, had a great year in 2008 as it was off the road for several years before and soon realised what i had missed, took it to the mk1 owners club annual meet, stanford hall, and stonor park back in the summer and loved it would be gutted if i had sold it, had it eight years now!!

tbh mate if i found a corrado in the scrapy with a/c then i would fit it to mine, in the process of refurbing some 288mm calipers, its funny you should say that i looked at overlays, empire, but will probably go down the same route as you and get some savages tint spray, but will pin strip them, tbh mate the finish on your blackberry vr i think is first class in the photos for overlays.

from reading the threads on the diavia system - i actually dont think it would be too hard to fit. you'd need to be prepared to buy a few new parts like condenser and drier though. Just the compressor would be 10+ years old now. And agree with Zak - the amount of times I used the air con in my gf's car - I'd def make use of it. Have been starting to look into fitting the later climate control system from a passat.

The finish of the overlays in the main is fine its just on the corners the overlay is to thick so it crumples together. Its only noticable if you look up close. Nice work on the 288's its a worthwhile upgrade and not sure if you suffered squeeking brakes ever? but you dont get them with the 288's due to a newer design on the anti rattle spring.

Im sure ac is quite straight forward to fit if you can get the donor parts, Im just too busy to look in to it or to take on the work. If i had the time id love to do it.

Very nice Corrado man.

I love the BBS rs rims,...from which car are they (Audi, porsche)?

Greetings from Slovenia