24V Renshaw

24V Renshaw - 24V V6 - Just read the whole thread!!!!

Yep mine is the later type engine cover. I was not a fan of the earlier type. Sorry :)

Jay

No need to be sorry mate, I prefer the one youve got too, and mine is split so I may have to go on the search for one ;) Know of any??

On another note, how much did you lower the front mount by? Did you lower the rears? My engine has rocked on the front mount and hit the bonnet :shock: Not sure if the front mount is knackered or too high?? Andy is taking it back in to get sorted and iron out a few leccy problems like no oil temp reading or MPG reading on the MFA.

I lowered the front mount by about 1/2", plus its basically solid as otherwise it will "buck" and hit the bonnet. Bear in mind the later type cover gives you much less clearance from the bonnet, that is why I removed that rib from the underside of the bonnet.

The rears on mine are just OE new ones.

Jay

I thought as I have not been doing much recently on my car. Just enjoying driving it :) I would post up some pics from the photoshoot now that the issue of PVW has been replaced by a couple of months now.

Hope you like them.

pppfffft.

WOW

I've not seen the PVW article. Those pics are stunning and the car looks amazing, especialy the dash/dials IMO.

looking soooooooooo bloody excellent. just gotta figure out which new picture to use as my new wall paper, 8)

Looking lovely, one of the best, most complete modded Corrados around. Classic Corrado lines with the creature comforts and refinements of a modern VW.

Jay are your wheels lacquered or do you just keep polishing them up? I take it they are on for everyday use.

Reading through this thread and my Jaw just keeps dropping lower and lower.

Complete respect for the work you have done to the car, really love the interior.

Cheers all.

To answer the question.

Yes the wheels are lacquered and are used every day. They have suffered a little over the winter, mainly because of poor wheel fitters marking the rim and the salt getting in under the lacquer, but to be honest its just me being picky. I will probably get them refinished in the summer for Worthersee. :)

Jay

not picking fault mate, just a genuine question that popped into my head when i saw the PVW feature... whats with the missing plastic cover on the inside of the rear hatch?

lol. I have been asked so many times about that. Basically I use the boot as a boot, for lugging shopping, diy stuff, car bits, luggage etc around and was not expecting to have to open the boot for the photoshoot. I had lost a couple of the clips for it, so it was lying in the boot and I just didn't realise it was not in. To be honest I am happy if that is the only thing wrong :)

Jay

UK's Finest ...

I second that. I just don't think there is any other Rado out there i'd rather own to be honest.

Well.. ok there are a few (went out in Kevhaywires chariot last night.. good god is that thing fast) but you know what I mean :)

In terms of the overall package, I've not seen a finer one. Just top-notch :-)

Although I would definitely like a go in Mr Haywire's car :-)