24V Renshaw

24V Renshaw - 24V V6 - Just read the whole thread!!!!

I know what you are saying Paul and I know what you mean about splits etc.. but I haven't built my car to wow people at shows, I built it to drive very well and be a nice car to be in. I like the Vette rims as I think they suit the car and also because they are practical.

It will definately be going on track, possibly with some more sensible wheels/tyres but I want to get it on track this year.

Jay

I'd stick with the Vette rims, they are slightly understaded, but flashy enough to compliment the car. I've not seen another Corrado with them, although I've seen them in a pic on a Mk4 Golf , so they are pretty unique too.

It's good to see a show winning car which is made to be a practical fast everyday car.

Nothing major. Fancy a bit of trackday action to be honest. Turbo conversion is always in the back of my mind, but I am really enjoying driving it as it is at the mo. :)

Jay

Cheers Bally. I like the idea of a Turbo, but I want to do a bit more research first and I need to save up £££ :)

Yeah I think you're right Shaggsy, it could do with a rebuild after the 16,000 trouble free miles its done since I did the conversion. :)

I think you should spray it blue, put a G60 in there and do a Corrado dash conversion :lol:

:lol:

I think you should spray it blue, put a G60 in there and do a Corrado dash conversion :lol:

:lol:

I don't think thats been done before - go for it Jay

I have a new project for the car. Will not be in for a while and will be a bit of a development thing, but should be interesting. I am not going to say anything until I start it incase it doesn't happen. Its not engine related. :)

jay

Had a productive afternoon today. Since fitting the MK4 Golf loom to my car I have been meaning to fit the extra interior lights in the Rado as the loom is there and it would be silly not too :)

So this afternoon I set out to install the two lights up near the a-pillars, as per the MK4. However after a bit of investigation I discovered that there is actually nowhere in the Rado that they would fit. So, I decidede to fit one centrally at the back of the headlining, providing a nice light in the back of the car. Trouble was the MK4 loom was about 2 foot short for this so I had to solder in an extension to the loom of 6 wires. Did it all in the same colours so its complete factory and then fitted the light in the headlining. Well chuffed with the result, brightens up the interior no end compared to the awful standard Corrado interior lighting.

While I was at it I finished off the wiring of the Corrado interior light into the MK4 loom, so now it all works as it would in MK4, complete with the subtle fade when they go out. Nice 8)

Cheers guys. Its nice to be at the stage at last where I can do all the little jobs like this when I feel like doing something. :)

Jay

Why? That would make it look pink inside...eughhh!

Do you mean like the Phaeton lighting where there is still a subtle red glow when the interior lights are off?

Jay

I swopped over the interior light of my other halfs Bora for one from a Passat W8 that has the two red LED downlighters, very straightforward and effective