24V Renshaw

24V Renshaw - 24V V6 - Just read the whole thread!!!!

LOL. Nope just completely custom ones. The best bit being the removal of the window switches from the speaker pod and putting them up in the arm rest by the grab handle. No more water in the switches for me! :)

Jay

LOL. Nope just completely custom ones. The best bit being the removal of the window switches from the speaker pod and putting them up in the arm rest by the grab handle. No more water in the switches for me! :)

And I'm sure it'll be a tip-top job too 8)

Andy - The front engine mount is excellent so far. The engine doesn't touch the bonnet now, even with the cover on! :)

Dinkus- I will do my best! :)

what a car!!! :shock: :shock: topmarks.

sure looks :twisted: 8) :twisted:

so gutted i wont be at ed38 :(

Nice one Jay.

was it all worth it? it's ure looks good, and no doubt sounds incredible, but are you happy with the finished results? anything you'd change or do different given the benefit of hindsight?

Cheers Paul,

So far I am totally and utterly happy with it. I am still working on the rest of the car so I am yet to fully appreciate it all as I have not had a complete interior in yet etc.. but generally because I made sure everything was as close to the MK4 as I could make it, its all working lovely and was definately 100% worth it, just for the sound if nothing else. My mate said it sounds like an M3 CSL going down the road! :)

I don't think there is anything I would do differently that I haven't got planned already. I spent a long time thinking about how I was going to do it so the whole car, not just the engine was as much factory MK4 Golf as possible. I wanted to get it all in and working as it should first before any mods (Cough Turbo Cough) come along.

I guess the only thing I would have done differently if money was available would be have a downpipe made rather than spending hours and hours making one that fitted perfectly!! As you can probably tell I am rather happy with it. :) You?

Jay

happy with yours? yes! mine, hmm, I guess so, but it still needs more work.

then agin, I've done the total opposite to you, I wanted mine to be as "corrado" as possible, not mk4, so I've kept the corrado clocks and ABS, rad, fans, things like that. trying to make it look as factory as possible.

time to iron out all the niggles now and tidy it up for good.

turbo will be fun, but not with 2wd, I think you'll make it undriveable.

As you refine it I am sure you will get happier with it. You have done a lot at once so its always going to be a long process.

I still have the Rado rad and fans too, just so it all fits properly but all the pipework is MK4 so it all fits in the right places and the header tank is on the right side for the wiring loom etc..

Things like the wiring loom, ABS and Air-con are all MK4 so they are the best they can be with the most features possible.

who said it will be FWD :)

good lad!!

( I have an r32 gearbox, prop and haldex diff. and a syncro back axle and floorpan too..........) and a vr6 sycnro exhaust for that matter.

I will give the FWD (with Quaife diff) a chance while I am getting everything spot on, then once I want to up the power (read Turbo) I will get the 4WD in there. Not for a while though.

I am blown away by how good the diff is so far and think its probably one of the best mods I have ever done to a car. Allows you to leave some serious manchinery behind, just because you have the drive out of the bends so early!!

Update: Started the modification of the doorcards this week, so that they fit nicely round the TT dash. Will post piccies up of the work in progress tonight. Just worried about having time to get them trimmed before ED38....

Jay

Personally I think you should've stuck with the mk2.... you knows it makes sense! LOL

'spose it looks OK...I guess.

Big respect (again) to you dude!

mmmMMMmmmmm cream! :wink: Sssshhhhhhhhush!

I LOVE MY CAR!!!!!!

Well I had the best drive so far in the car this weekend. I spent all weekend finishing off the re-installed TT dash and I am sooo pleased with how its coming along, but best of all was how nice it is to drive now. Having had it on the road for a few weeks has given me chance to really iron out any little problems. Now everything is almost there I am really starting to realise how nice this car will be to drive. Its smoother and quieter than my mums MK4 and it is totally effortless. I don't know how I ever did long journeys without cruise control now!!!

I am confident it will be at a decent stage for ED38 and I promise I will post some more pics soon!!

Jay

No way! :) This is one project car that is staying. I am seriously happy with it, as you may be able to tell!

Everything about it is what I hoped it would be....so far.

I am going to take a leaf from the Europeans book and keep one car, rather than get one half done then sell it. Loads of people always say how awesome the european cars are.... its because they stick with them for years and perfect every little bit.

Jay

No way! :) This is one project car that is staying. I am seriously happy with it, as you may be able to tell!

Everything about it is what I hoped it would be....so far.

I am going to take a leaf from the Europeans book and keep one car, rather than get one half done then sell it. Loads of people always say how awesome the european cars are.... its because they stick with them for years and perfect every little bit.

Jay

I'm with you on that Jay.. I reckon I will do the same!

Thought I would post some pictures of the modifications I have done this week to the door cards. Having bought a decent set of late spec door cards of John Munyard (Croozin) I proceeded to strip them of all their material and got them back to bare woodchip.

Then I cut a half moon section out of the front corner where the door card would foul on my TT dash.

Having cut this bit away I secured the doorcards to some donor doors I bought for £30, soley to make my doorcards! :roll:

I glassed straight onto the door which was taped all over with gaffa tape to make a level surface and covered in cling film. That meant that the doorcard would be as close to the door as possible, but nice and level.

Having completed the glassing I then smoothed the section with a skim of filler to make it smooth for trimming.

Then once they were complete I moved onto the new window switch location.....

Due to the fact I am using all MK4 golf wiring loom, switchgear etc.. I needed to mount the window switch and lock/unlock button somewhere. This meant it had to go in the armrest section.

However the armrest in the Corrado is curved and the Seat leon switch panels which I am using to mount the switches (they are the same as a MK4) are flat. So I had to cut a section out of the Corrado armrest and reconstruct it as a flat section. Once that was done I could then cut out the hole to mount the SEAT Leon panel in and filler and smooth the area around it. (the switch panel in the picture is the passenger one, but its the same size and shape as the drivers one)

Its all done now, bar a bit of rubbing down, so thought I would post pictures before the trimming so people can see the work that went into the damn things!!

Jay