24V Renshaw

24V Renshaw - 24V V6 - Just read the whole thread!!!!

PeteJ The porka wheels and adaptors were sold to Biggerbigben a long time ago, otherwise I would have given you them for £7. :) I have something new coming...

Jay

nearly finished. their never finished!! One thing that i wondered, have you completely ripped out the old loom or left the part in for the interior light, central locking, wiper motor etc?

Sweet as Jay, good effort! (again :roll: ) LOL

Did you get my MMS with the pic of the thing you were looking for in W'see? If not you could use the one on the engine but the MMS would look beeter IMO. You could use the whole lot in the MMS

I'll get some pics up of mine too when it's running! :norty:

Lee - True they are never finished, but the engine install is nearly finished. Everything wiring wise is MK4, literally everything. I have only used the last couple of inches of the Corrado wires if I needed the connectors, for the rear lights etc.. There is not one bit of loom from a Corrado.

Nick - yeah I just got the MMS, nice. What car is it?

Jay

There is not one bit of loom from a Corrado.

Jay

Excellent! You must be a contender for the newest Corrado in terms of the bits you've used? I suppose the only original bit left is the body shell!

Steering wheel arrived today btw, thanks mate.

K

Yep the only bit that is "old" is the shell, but that has been fully resprayed anyway and it has a MK4 firewall welded in! :)

I think the only thing i have not replaced or changed is the rear window glass.

Will try and get some more pics up soon, things are in a bit of a shake down stage at the mo. Still trying to sort the brakes.

Jay

Jay

Well I finally took the car for a quick spin today!!! The brakes are working, but are still far from perfect. The engine was limited to 5000 RPM, but my god is it quick! Its the delivery of the power from right down the bottom that makes it. I think I am going to enjoy this car!

After my little blast I decided to try and get VAG-COM working fully and finally managed it. I checked for Fault Codes and there were a few on the engine, which make sense as I ran it a few times with stuff not connected etc.. So I cleared them all and did another scan. 0 Fault codes!! WOOHOO!! The Engine management warning light went out and it will now rev over 5 grand, so once I have set the tracking tomorrow I will go for another blast!! It sounds absolutely gorgeous, but the best bit is when I am driving gently I can hardly hear it running, with no sound proofing, carpets or dash in the car!! Getting excited now. Lots to do but progress is good. I am confident it will be at Edition 38 in pretty completed form.

Jay

Awesome Jay.. really looking forward to seeing this beast. 2005 truely is the year of the show Corrado's.. I don't remeber being so keen to see so many truely innovative cars!

Cheers guys. I just hope its all done for ED38.

I am still not happy with the brakes. They work, but are very poor with way too much movement in the pedal. All I did was keep bleeding them and then drove the car a bit. I am going to bleed them again soon, but for now they will do for testing!

Jay

Make a Video for the guys that don't live in the UK. shaking2:

Not Jays engine but a mate of ours R32 engine vid in a tunnel in Austria this year, should keep you happy until Jay has time to post a vid of his!

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... 27&start=0

Well done Jay, keep it up! I don't know about you but I think I have quite alot to do before E38.. :!: :!:

Sounds pretty much the same! :)

I will do a vid when I can.

Damn right Ben I have loads to sort out, you think you are getting somewhere then you start to work out exactly what needs doing.

Focusing on making the central locking work with the MK4 alarm today.

Jay

Cheers mate.

Had a fairly succesful day today. Got a locking actuator I bought from Maplins to operate on the MK4 wiring. So I now have the "lock/unlock" button inside the car working but have yet to get the remote central locking and alarm working fully, so there is still some work to do there.

I also managed to get the rain sensing wipers working which will be a nice feature. Got the interior lights and the sunvisor light etc. working.

There is still a long list of small things I want to get working using the MK4 loom and controls, things like the sunroof, the wing mirrors, the petrol flap release, the stereo, the cruise control etc..

I have just wired in the speedo sender so the cruise control should now work, but I need to take it for another drive to find out.

Happier than I have been recently, but the brakes are still bugging me!

Jay

Pretty damn impressive 8) I don't think I could quite imagine trying to do what you've done with the car, especially considering you've done just about all of it yourself! I'll definately be loitering nearby at Edition 38 :lol:

Cheers mate. Just remember I started off doing exactly what you have done. wheels, suspension, dashboard change, engine mods, then it starts getting more and more serious and before you know it you have a different interior, different engine etc..etc.. Give it time!! :)

Just been going through this thread mate. Phenomenal effort Jay 8) . And knowing you all done yourself, for pennies, and to top standard. Trouble is I won't be at the only show I wanted to go to this year - Ed 38, as my sister is getting married that weekend!

I'll have to catch up with you mate at some point - this is one Corrado I have to see!!