Sign in to follow this  
Sonicriot13

MOT booked for Monday!

Don't worry about it. There is nothing that can be wrong with it that's worse than what you've already encountered...

best of luck tomorrow mate, it'll be worth all the hard work you've put in.

And remember Mandy, enjoy it! :lol:

what's the verdict?

It's dead. Sorry guys but I've come to the conclusion that I'm just gonna have to let go of this car. I can't take any more of this. I'm really unhappy with the job I've done. Basically since splitting up with my girlfriend I've not had any real time to spend on it and I've just had to throw it together and it's rubbish. Got onto the MOT bay and it just spontaneously started dumping fuel everywhere before the tester even started. I'm not allowed to work on it at work because they've changed the rules about private jobs being carried out on company premises. So I've got nowhere to work on it and there's just no end in sight. And I'm not bloody paying anyone to work on it. I'm not spending another penny on it. Sorry.

bum! an uncle of mine has a unit you could probably use if you'd like? let me know if i can help

easy for me to say, but dont give up... you sound so happy when its going well!! get this car sorted and it will pay you back for all your hard work mate

Cheers guys. I just can't carry on like this. Going from one thing to the next. I haven't driven it in 8 months. I'm just throwing money at it left right and center and it just seems to get worse. And it doesn't help that it looks like sh!t and I'm desperately unhappy with the job I've done. I've just got no enthusiasm for it any more. The best thing I can think of is to break it and maybe buy another one. Or take up stamp collecting. Anyway, charger is in parts for sale if anyone is interested. :(

sorry,I have to ask...

dumping fuel everywhere?

Just sounds like some sort of split hose or one of the hard lines..

It's not great but shouldn't be too hard to fix?

Is it more too it than that mate?

I don't quite know what to say....

Half want to tell you that I'm going to cock slap some sense in to you, half want to comiserate.

Where is the fuel coming from?

Mate - it's sat at a VW dealer... just take a step back and pay your mate the master tech to sort it and get it thru the MOT - you've done so much it would be pointless to stop now!

A split fuel line is nothing in the grand scheme of things, it's not like you have not been through the grand scheme either!

Seems a shame to break a car just because of a fuel leak.

As for your hapiness with the task and the car, I am sure it will come back to you, you just need to drive it first, I do know what it's like the project in my garage has been eating money since it started and that get's depressing after a while - especially when you keep running into problems and there is no end in sight.

not that i'm probably much use but will be up your way on Sunday if a spare pair of hands or some motivation was useful?

What. The. Hell! Right this is ridiculous, have a beer, have a sit down and think about this seriously.

You've put way too much into this to give up now, and definitely too much to break it up. If it comes down to it I'll have it!

Now go and get that beer and come back to it with a fresh look.

someone go round there and give him a slap!

don't make me come down there and do it! :camp:

sort your fuel line out and get it on the road.

we all know how you are feeling, but if you break it, you will only regret it. so get it on the road and get some smiles back for your money.

you may be unhappy with the work you have done, but go for a bit of function over fashion

I've just had to throw it together and it's rubbish...

Nothing could be further from the truth! Having followed this restoration thread, and having seen the work you've done, I can't believe you wrote the above?! :shock:

You've turned around what was essentially a car fit for breaking and almost fully restored it! To quit now would be madness.

As has been said, chill, take a step back, get the fuel leak sorted (can't be that much detective work to find the leak), and voila! Reap the fruits of your labour.

Now get that beer Gertrude!

Is the car moveable mate? I'm happy to help if I can, and I'm sure we can round up a few others.

:( Know how you feel, mate- totally soul-destroying, but leave it a few days and come back to it as the others have said. It's seriously not worth breaking it after the time and money you've spent. Breaking it will be much more stress and hassle than sorting out the niggles- trust me! You would be doing yourself a complete injustice.

Now, go lock up that charger for sale thread this instant! :nono:

Car was sold a while ago...

shame, im sure he will regret it

Pretty sure he wont to be fair....