Sign in to follow this  
paul20v

Your favourite modification

as title whats the best mod you have done to your C which you could not live without,

mine would be the tt wipers as the rain is so much easier to live with now.

my rear bumper 8)

SYD3.jpg

so where do you run the exhaust now, very clean looking , i am big on exhausts but a really like this :clap:

Mine, so far, would have to be the OBD2 conversion, it doesnt even think about cutting out now! Plus the extra poke and economy is great :)

My number plate...Its worth a few brake horse ya know and nobody never notices it! Not even the cops :lol:

It lets the sierra cossie intercooler do its thing 8)

11.jpg

fmicnumberplate2.jpg

Moonroof has been a good one.

i keep meaning to do this , as my roof has wind noise above 65 , and if i am going to adjust it i may as well change it for something different.

My moonroof is slightly noisier than the standard one as they don't fit perfectly. But, it's so much lighter inside the car now.

i keep meaning to do this , as my roof has wind noise above 65 , and if i am going to adjust it i may as well change it for something different.

My mate had wind noise from his sunroof at motorway speeds, he didn't address it which eventually resulted in the sunroof completely removing itself from the car at high speed - luckily no-one was behind him as it could have killed someone very easily! - If I was you i'd get it sorted! :eek:

My mate had wind noise from his sunroof at motorway speeds, he didn't address it which eventually resulted in the sunroof completely removing itself from the car at high speed - luckily no-one was behind him as it could have killed someone very easily! - If I was you i'd get it sorted! :eek:

bugger thats all i can say , i have tryed looking for adjustment screws but no luck so i was going to pull the headlining and drop the whole frame at the front of it that way , hence thats why i have not had a bash at it yet , someone in a search said they adjust on screws at the front but i fail to see which ones.

Haha, co-incidentaly thats what he said to me before it happened (it just needs adjusting) :o

He was on his way down to me in Cornwall from Cardiff when it happened and he was still shaking when he got here, his missus had a nasty mark on her shoulder from the seatbelt where he'd stamped on the brakes (as you can imagine, the noise created by your sunroof ripping itself out of the car is fairly horrific!) and it also damaged the roof as it flew off - all together a pretty nasty experience.

Oddly, i'd never heard of this happening before in all my time on here - but within a couple of weeks there was another Corrado down at RKE that had had exactly the same problem, co-incidentaly both cars were 1991 Dark Burgandy Pearl G60's :eek:

If I were you i'd bump it up on the 'to do' list :confused:

Anyway, sorry for going off topic - just thought it was worth mentioning.

i like it dark , ya the wipers for me , there the best

and i fixed my cigie lighter works a treat now not a mod tho :norty:

Ash

Haha, co-incidentaly thats what he said to me before it happened (it just needs adjusting) :o

He was on his way down to me in Cornwall from Cardiff when it happened and he was still shaking when he got here, his missus had a nasty mark on her shoulder from the seatbelt where he'd stamped on the brakes (as you can imagine, the noise created by your sunroof ripping itself out of the car is fairly horrific!) and it also damaged the roof as it flew off - all together a pretty nasty experience.

Oddly, i'd never heard of this happening before in all my time on here - but within a couple of weeks there was another Corrado down at RKE that had had exactly the same problem, co-incidentaly both cars were 1991 Dark Burgandy Pearl G60's :eek:

If I were you i'd bump it up on the 'to do' list :confused:

Anyway, sorry for going off topic - just thought it was worth mentioning.

it was deffinately worth mentioning its at the top of my to do list

cheers :salute:

in fact im going to look at it now wish me luck :grin:

well if i had known it was that easy i would have done it months ago the roof sit perfect now it was sticking up at the front before, thanks for the jolt WALESY much appreciated

and TOAD thanks for the info why did i leave it so long . :wave:

Quickshift.

Ah interesting. I've seen these, but do they really make that much of a difference?

I think so. The standard gear shift did my head in, just so much travel in every direction. Fitted one of the Dieselgeek modified ones and it's just so much nicer front and back and side to side, really neat, short, tight movements. I've got a quick shift on my Mark 2 as well, so that probably made the standard rado shift feel worse, in comparison. I think it's a great mod and one you appreciate whenever you drive the car. Steer clear of the B&M ones though, they seem to get a really bad press on here, modified standard seems to be the way to go.

bugger thats all i can say , i have tryed looking for adjustment screws but no luck so i was going to pull the headlining and drop the whole frame at the front of it that way , hence thats why i have not had a bash at it yet , someone in a search said they adjust on screws at the front but i fail to see which ones.

Tilt the sunroof up, get hold of the linign and pull it back a bit, it should detach from the roof now, you'll probably have to let the lining down and slide it forward, to get the flap back flush (you'll see what I mean) and slide it back into the roof. You can then get at 4 torx screws that go through the mech into the panel, they should be the only ones that go horizontally outwards and are right under the panel itself. They're at all 4 corners.

Tilt the sunroof up, get hold of the linign and pull it back a bit, it should detach from the roof now, you'll probably have to let the lining down and slide it forward, to get the flap back flush (you'll see what I mean) and slide it back into the roof. You can then get at 4 torx screws that go through the mech into the panel, they should be the only ones that go horizontally outwards and are right under the panel itself. They're at all 4 corners.

oh and when sliding back make sure you line the little pins back in to the slides in the tilting bit of the panel ,

thanks again. :salute:

Diesel CTN Gearbox was my best unlivable Mod. :) Traction and economy to tame 200lb/ft. :luvlove:

My number plate...Its worth a few brake horse ya know and nobody never notices it! Not even the cops :lol:

It lets the sierra cossie intercooler do its thing

smart mate i like this allot....can i steal your idea? :tongue: