VAG-hag

VAG-hag's Corrado, beautiful addition

Hi Chris, long time no see! When is it being painted? Anything else happening with it?

Me and Katy will probably see you at the shows next year now I've got a Corrado.

Chris

Hi Chris, long time no see! When is it being painted? Anything else happening with it?

Me and Katy will probably see you at the shows next year now I've got a Corrado.

Chris

Hope to see you on the stand at Harewood House then Chris ;)

Hope to see you on the stand at Harewood House then Chris ;)

I'm going to try and make as many shows as possible, so you best save me a space at most events! (the car cost enough and need to get my moneys worth)

NIce work chief locing the new rear badge!!!!

Also nice pic on your avatar dont who that idiot is behind you!!!!!

I wondered that !!!!

NIce work chief locing the new rear badge!!!!

Also nice pic on your avatar dont who that idiot is behind you!!!!!

hi chris,

its in now but he is going to the the work in the new year - happy days! see you at the shows.

fuzz & wendy.... didnt have a pic of all 3 of us so i did that one with 2 boys n girls car!!

Didnt notice the girls car!!!!!!!!!

sorry fat fingers got the better of me on my post so question is what was I trying to say?!!!!

Been donkeys since I added anything to my cars thread..... this year I have mostly been:

Fitting some juicy breaks

Can't believe I've missed this update as I've been waiting to see them on the car. Very tasty :thumbleft:.

Indeed, good to see all i swell under there mate but easily sorted if it wasnt anyway but better to not need it! How was the rear arch you have added filler to?

archs are fantastic mate... the whole car is great to be honest..... I would like to have a closer look underneath when its painted just to be sure but overall its sound!!

Arch has filler to make a perfect surface after the lips have been tapped in a bit.

Hey buddy

Will you be fading the arches into the wings? Or have you been able to get away with just the arches? have you rolled the front lips? Might be worth doing it now?

When will she be ready?

Hey Rams,

The front lips have been rolled in only at the top as I wanted to keep the arch liners. This means that all the bolts will fit into the liner but its been lifted in effect.... does this make sense?

When you say fading... do you mean paint? If so then no the whole car is being done.

As for when she will be ready...... I reckon May(ish)

Next job is sanding sanding sanding which takes longer than I thought it would!

You doing the sanding work yourself ?

If so, I can help - will bring brillo pad with me !!!! ;-)

Hey Rams,

The front lips have been rolled in only at the top as I wanted to keep the arch liners. This means that all the bolts will fit into the liner but its been lifted in effect.... does this make sense?

When you say fading... do you mean paint? If so then no the whole car is being done.

As for when she will be ready...... I reckon May(ish)

Next job is sanding sanding sanding which takes longer than I thought it would!

When I had mine done they needed to smooth in the wings so there was no step in the arch. Maybe yours doesn't need that as you have just filtered the round part of the arch. I had to do the round arch and then smooth in with filler to the rears to get it right.

Then again, mine were flared and rolled....

I've had issues with my paint job and that's due to previous work on the body so for a trusting job, if you can take it all back to metal, your guaranteed a perfect job and all the paint being the right level. Depends how fussy you are but if you are doing the sanding, it would be worth it in the long run.

Maybe it's just my car but don't want you to be in the same boat as me when really I should have gone back to metal for the extra work involved I wished I had just done it that way to begin with. Trying to share my experience with you that's all but I'm sure you've got it all under control.

Keep up with the good work!

@ Wendy.... sanding party, my place, Saturday - you in??

@ Mr Rams: I see what you mean now, no flaring here buddy. And im with you 100% when it comes to getting the surface right, I too have had a car with too much paint on in the past so I know to get the best result I need to sand like mad! Cheers for letting me know & sharing matey..... need to nosey at your thread again.

bit of an update here....... front is now primed, Welded mirrors are rubbed down ready for a bit of filler & door cards are being re stuck where needed.

I just want to drive it again!!

wahoo bet your getting excited. :)

Wow them mirrors look pretty good ;)

---------- Post added at 1:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:36 PM ----------

love the weight you are using too. And is that on the bed tut tut

yeah man im a very giddy kid!! the mirrors are amazing.... i have some seriously ace mates!

Ive been a very good lad & put a dust sheet down in front room to do my sticking. Card one is done.

Whats happnin with the mirrors mate? they gonna have filler on the seam where the black trim normally is?

When's completion date then?

haha i'll not publish where I have been trimming a headlining this weekend. The reaction about the wheels in the bath was bad enough :)

Glad its going well buddy. :)