Sign in to follow this  
loopylindsay

flaws with the raddos

dont get me wrong i love my raddo and atm i wouldnt dare consider selling it. but there are definately a couple design flaws on the old girl that get me down.

firstly the wipers are awful they are just pants and where u put it up eg for washing the passenger side one digs into the bonnet which is crap its strips the paint.

another is the pocket just under the steering wheel i love the fact that all the trimming is carpetted thats wkd but that pocket is tiny and it gets shallower at the back so hoovering is a nightmare. another hovering nightmare is getting down by the seats and also there is a flap in the back by the back seats that gavers dirt.

on the plus side i love the interiour its deffinately made for comfort both the door card and window sill is designed perfectly for arm rests. and there are little foot rest by the side of the clutch very nice.

a further flaw is the parcelshelf things that attatch to the roof. its hard work if you ever need a new one to put it through the whole.

well theres my little rant what do u guys think are the raddos flaws and good points?

firstly the wipers are awful they are just pants and where u put it up eg for washing the passenger side one digs into the bonnet which is crap its strips the paint.

if you pop off the plastic cap there is a nut you can loosen, then you can move the wiper up a bit and tighten it back up again. no more scraped bonnet.

i hate the fact the rain drips inside when you have the window open and brake. and the seats kill my back.

Getting in and out! Which is hard work :lol: especially when your 41 and a tad overweight :lol:

i hate the fact the rain drips inside when you have the window open and brake. and the seats kill my back.

We questioned the cheif designer in Germany on the windows issue a few years ago, his genius response was to put the window up when its raining.. :D

i hate the fact the rain drips inside when you have the window open and brake

Yeah - that drives me up the bleeding wall as well!

i hate the fact the rain drips inside when you have the window open and brake

Yeah - that drives me up the bleeding wall as well!

Same :mad2:

I just don't understand the purpose of the indents/plastic strips on the roof...they don't actually make the water runn off to a place where you'd think!

Neil.

The sunroof! Now thats a flaw. :censored: I've had two break the second broke as I was doing final adjustment just after finishing getting it fitted. :|

Same :mad2:

I just don't understand the purpose of the indents/plastic strips on the roof...they don't actually make the water runn off to a place where you'd think!

Neil.

And as the GF says it drips straight onto the electric mirror switch (i think thats how hers broke too much posing lol)

and the seats kill my back.

You shall be needing Corrado Recaros then sorts that problem out instantly. Mega long journey comfort all the way.

I agree about the window/rain issue! The genius response to put the window up when it's raining obviously comes from a non-smoker :lol:

I disagree with the wiper issue being a design flaw though, as they were probably great when they were new, just the spring has lost its tension with age.

I agree, that little pocket under the steering wheel is a little useless though! :lol:

Good points 12V VR6 :D

This is priceless.

Rarity value too.

Every car will have niggles, its how you manage them or improve them as required.

Re water dripping in- get some wind deflectors- actualy look good on a C (e.g. on Jimbo's old 16v 8) ).

Other crap things-

headlights

centre tunnel fitment

Other crap things-

headlights

Forgot about those.....normally referred to as candles :lol:

centre tunnel fitment

Ah yes, especially if you have some chunky audio cables underneath it!

I agree about the window/rain issue! The genius response to put the window up when it's raining obviously comes from a non-smoker :lol:

Smoking in any car, let alone a Corrado is a big :nono: in my book! One of the worst smells in the world is stale cigarette smoke in a car :pukeright:

lots of vag cars pour water in when the windows are open in the rain not just the C ,

and as said these are all little problems they are old cars and still designed a lot better than a load of modern cars and will far out last and out style whole bunch of crap thats about these days

long live the C :dance:

The only major 'flaw' with my Corrado is that it isn't RWD!

I'd also like a quicker rack; the feedback is there, but when I jump from my MX5 into the Corrado it's like helming a Routemaster bus by comparison. Don't get me started on how slow the rack is on my Golf VR6, I'd imagine the steering on the Titanic was more direct.

The only major 'flaw' with my Corrado is that it isn't RWD!

I'd also like a quicker rack; the feedback is there, but when I jump from my MX5 into the Corrado it's like helming a Routemaster bus by comparison. Don't get me started on how slow the rack is on my Golf VR6, I'd imagine the steering on the Titanic was more direct.

Yeah the slow rack is a bit strange, the rack on my 8v Gti is so much quicker too, like night and day difference.

Also the bottom of the speedo surround is a pain in the proverbial to clean.

I always end up removing the whole thing to clean it properly.

Dunno what the point of the grooves are other than to store fluff and dust.

...Dunno what the point of the grooves are other than to store fluff and dust.

try running a stylus over them at 45rpm... you'll just hear manic german laughing and at the end someone introduces them-self as VW's head of parts and says (in German) "ha ha ha the Corrado... that cleared out all those odd bits we didn't know what to do with. Suckers!" :lol:

Getting in and out! Which is hard work :lol: especially when your 41 and a tad overweight :lol:

yeah that is a tad annoying my mum hates it especially now its lowered but im ok im only 21 and petite!

i agree with the lights being like candles they are useless both the standard ones ands angel eyes hid ket and uprated bulbs are definately needed.

My windscreen washer jets badly need adjusting

When you spray the screen it only cleans the top half and then pours in thru the passenger window!

I think the rado was built as more of a motorway mile munching, which explains the slow steering rack and longer gear ratios than say, a mk2 golf.

Flaws:

Sunroof

Headlights (how did they pass safety checks!!)

understeer (not necessary a flaw, but still)

cant think of anymore right now