KipVR

KipVR's R3.2 Storm build

You might be a little disapointed with the sound :( , it's not far different from a standard VR! But the engine is much quieter, you can hardly hear it running, the injectors seem to make the most noise.

Plus I'm getting rid if the big oval tailpipe, that's going to be a cut off plain pipe for the more OE look.

Kip, do you want to swap cars?... :grin:

Hey Kris, why of course :D

Could i have that in writing and signed?! :nuts:

What can I say Chris, just bloody lovely :luvlove: This is a credit to you pal, don't worry that its taken a long time, this is about as complete a conversion as you can get :notworthy:

I use the Collinite wax also, its great hey. Water beads so well and its easy for me to get a good shine that lasts. Good job as I'm a bit lazy on that front!

Top work fella :salute:

Hey Matt, just been looking at your thread, those brakes look tasty :D When's it back from the bodyshop then?

Collignite is the best stuff for lazy people, it lasts ages :clap:

I've been thinking of ways to improve the airflow through the engine bay (air through the rad and out under the exhaust and sides of the bonnet), and also to keep the bay clean. I bought this Mk2 diesel undertray copy a while back for £45 posted. Not the best quality but it should do. Looks like that it will fit with a small amount of trimming, and a bit extra added to the front. Eventually I'll make a proper aluminium one though. The

Also been using some black sealing foam tape to prevent air getting in around the lights. You can't really see any of it but it should all help.

Thank you sir :wave: I popped into the bodyshop on friday. Got told it will be done this coming week, it got delayed due to a load of Audi's coming in from the local dealer. Tell you what, I'm getting so excited to see the job they're going to do. A bit sad I know.

Thats interesting about the undertray, wouldn't it cause the engine bay to retain heat? I removed some of the plastic bits behind the headlight to aid air getting into the air filter area.

Any chance of having a friend do a bit filming of you driving by? I bet the noise is just amazing and to see it moving would be great. I want to see this car in the metal sooo much :luvlove:

The airflow thing is quite interesting. I ran my car without a drivers fog for a couple of months since the rebuild as I thought it would aid cooling for the mocal.

I picked up a spare fog last week and since I put it in my oil temps have actually gone down a noticeable amount!

In my view the best way to keep an engine bay cool is to have a small engine in a totally open engine bay just so long as your rad is able to cope with the smaller through put of air, just like on my Mk2 8v, loads of air all around it and a large rad for the engine size. However when you start cramming an engine bay full of a big engines and bits you get far less air movement around it. This is typical of most modern cars and they get round the problem by channeling the air through the engine bay using undertrays and cowlings etc. This ensures that there is a constant through put of air through the radiator and over the exhaust manifolds by creating air pressure where you want it. Undertrays also have the benefit of creating a smooth underside to the car and help keep the mechanicals clean so they are kind of a no brainer these days. :D

Matt, the reason that bit of plastic is there over your airbox intake (fixes onto the slam panel behind the headlight) is to channel the air into the intake (ramair effect), take that away and you reduce the amount of air being forced into the airbox.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pisto ... athing.svg

Matt, the reason that bit of plastic is there over your airbox intake (fixes onto the slam panel behind the headlight) is to channel the air into the intake (ramair effect), take that away and you reduce the amount of air being forced into the airbox.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Pisto ... athing.svg

Oh, best pick one up then as I lost mine after it was taken off. Thanks for explaining.

Stick on the late Mk2 Scuttle tray, fits a treat with no mods.DSC00283.JPG[/attachment:1a5b7s7n]

Awesome!!

i have 3 or 4 of these in the garage and was going to try and fit one.

ENgine bay looks beautiful :salute:

dave

Problem is when your going slow or stationary the temps will rise very quickly will they not? To me thats worse than having a slightly higher running temp.

Not if your fan is sucking the air through the rad and the throughput then pushes the manifold air under the car, rather than the hot air just been stagnant around the engine bay.

Been working on the Mk2...

PAS Fitted, along with another downpipe which is finally sorted the leaking sound. In my view Bosal exhausts are a complete waste of money.

I had a new alternator put in when I broke down on the A303 last month, it lasted all of two weeks until the bearings ran dry... So I decided to fit a MK3 setup with all the PAS gear on it and the ribbed belts( although I already had a Mk2 setup and used a Mk2 rack). So much better and all done for peanuts. The PAS makes the car feel much more nimble, and my better half can now park it!

I also fitted a new water pump whilst I was at it, and re-trimmed my headliner in black brushed nylon material, looks great now. Next on the list is to fit the rest of the ernst exhaust system and finally sort out putting speakers in the doors where the pockets are.

Also on the Corrado, finished fitting the fusebox, and then started to fit more of the interior back in. Cleaned up the scuttle tray a bit, and fitted a new seal for the debris cover as the old one was leaking, which also meant I had to take out the passenger carpet and sound deadening to dry.....wondering what alarm to fit. I've got an Ai606 but I'd like to try and fit a single fob key, for some reason I hate having a seperate fob/key. I also have to try and track down a TT fan control box, and wire in the headlight adjusters...

Pics of the day......

hey pal, mk2 is looking great.

bet you had fun getting the subframe out on your own, and putting the headliner back in for that matter - did you get pic before it went back in as i'd obviously be very interested to see what it turned out like...

and more importantly - how long until the 'rado goes in for it's MOT?!?

i expect it to be on the road by the time i get back!!!

hey pal, mk2 is looking great.

bet you had fun getting the subframe out on your own, and putting the headliner back in for that matter - did you get pic before it went back in as i'd obviously be very interested to see what it turned out like...

and more importantly - how long until the 'rado goes in for it's MOT?!?

i expect it to be on the road by the time i get back!!!

Hey Pete! How's everything out there?

Putting the headliner in was a lot easier than getting it out as the extra material gave it a fair bit of strength, and I reinforced it in most of the delicate areas anyway. No pics as of yet, I'll take one once I've put the sunroof panel back in :D In all honesty I prefer it to how it used to look. As far as getting the subframe out on my own goes, well it was ok on the Sunday getting it out, but I didn't finish it, so I ended up doing it in the evenings after i got back from work, it was cold, raining, dark and windy so as you can imagine I had great fun :D The best bit was spending an hour and a half looking for the spline bolt for the rack, only to discover it on my pocket. :help:

Well the rado as usual hasn't had much done on it, mainly because I've just been moving house and getting everything sorted, but the good news is I now have a garage!!!. I went over today for the first time since my last post to do a bit more on it. I got my ABS light working, and had the guy from dent devils come over and take all of the small dents out from around the car, a truly brilliant job on every one. He also did a couple on the Mk2 for good measure.

I then tried to start it with my ECU which has come back from DG from having the rear lambda's defeated. But I think the immobilizer is now working on it again, as the car would fire up and then cut out two seconds later, I'll have a word with Dave on Monday to see where it's at.

I've now sold my black leather interior in favour of one with electric Recaros, and without even spending a penny! They are in grey though so tonight I spent a while with some cellulose thinners taking all of the grey colour off the leather, so now they are in a patchy brown natural leather colour. It's amazing how much softer the leather is once you take off the paint coat. Anyway I'm sending a colour sample off (which you've seen I think) to get some paint made up to apply. These will do until I eventually get round to finishing my own seats!!

Cheers Matt! Nice brakes eh :D

Haha, yep nice everything!

We need some new interior pics just to make us even more envious :norty:

As far as getting the subframe out on my own goes

If you ever need a hand with stuff like that, I'm always happy to scurry over and help out.

I can't believe how OEM that looks. Amazing.

Now if you could whip off your sump and get busy with a vernier caliper that would really help me out :lol:

I'm sure you're one of the most qualified! :D

As far as getting the subframe out on my own goes

If you ever need a hand with stuff like that, I'm always happy to scurry over and help out.

Cheers Tom! It was supposed to be one of those sunday afternoon jobs, how wrong I was....be good to catch up soon though :)

I can't believe how OEM that looks. Amazing.

Now if you could whip off your sump and get busy with a vernier caliper that would really help me out :lol:

I'm sure you're one of the most qualified! :D

Hey monkey you want me to measure my big end? :D :D :roll: