Sign in to follow this  
C488ADO

there are loadsa sets of rear cluster on ebay, I paid a £2 for a set recently, I sprayed mine and not to pleased, lamin X seems to be better

popped over to that garage with ben tonight , had to meet simon there as he refitted the windows for me....

Looks really nice hope to do the same one day. I thought the rear side windows were bonded in and you had to cut the rubber to remove them? Is that the case? Also been told you can't buy the seals without the windows! :shrug:

na thats not true.............

my mate simon works for rac windscreens his job is to go round and refit all the badly fitted screens!! lol

he mainly visits bodyshops etc , he used a metal cheesewire to take the windows out and then cleaned the original bonding off of the glass re-applied the undercoat and new bond then re installed..done a top job....

who told you that abouth the windows??

I read it on here somewhere, so do you need a new outer rubber seal or is it like the back window bead seal?? :scratch:

WOW!!

Absolutely amazing!! I am sooo envious! I love the detail on your rear spoiler!! Absolutely love it! Your arches are perfect! I bet you are over the moon with it!

Are you using Savage tint spray Nathan?

The general opinion seems to suggest that it's the best choice for tinting the rear lights :)

Oh, and the respray looks great, my favourite colour too by coincidence :lol:

thanks for the coms guys!!

tint spray savage?? im not sure to be honest i havent checked the name on the tin ...demon tweaks was the only place that stocked it so i bouight it and now they dont have any left....

i have tried halfords , e-bay ,local car marts , the internet everybody stocks it but no one has the red???? i find that a bit weird???

any one else notice this latley??

Here it is :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0365341348

Looking good 8) reckon those wheels are gonna look sweet as when its all back together, sure u'll love em :)

wow :notworthy: lovin this car,..are you gonna take it to any shows so i can see it in the flesh :D

Nice one mate, looks superb. Reckon those wheels will look awesome 8)

Rear arches with the 9" wheels are great!

This is by far my favourite build thread at the moment - Can you take a photo of the tescos cleaner please mate? Mine needs doing, and I'm impressed with your results. I take it you did it in the car yeah?

Superb paintjob, keep the updates coming! Just spent a good hour catching up on this thread.

The Borbets look very nice colour coded. Better than the oettingers, they fill the rear arches better being 9", making the most of the arch pulling that's been done.

Have you thought about trying them with a set of the flat caps colour coded? Might make all the difference, as you seem unsure about them still. Absolute bargain what you paid for the polishing on them too! :clap:

Tres cool! 8)

Looking better all the time, the stance from the rear looks fantastic. Low and wide :luvlove:

Plate surround looks excellent colour coded too.

Keep it up! 8)

Car Looks Sh*t Hot matey red rears really set off the paint looks really phat aswell! Might have to Pm you soon about were you got your lips polished :norty:

I got myself some of that Tesco foam upholstery cleaner and did my headliner - it's amazing stuff - no tide marks - dead easy to apply and fantastic results. Cheers for the tip - it's far better than the autoglym stuff I'd tried previously!

Also I got some of their white microfibre cloths - 3 for £1. Brilliant for wiping the dirty foam off.