removal of parcel shelf supports / speakers - 1.7kg

fittment of slimline fan + crazydaves lazer cut brackets - 1.7kg

removal of rear wiper +motor - 1.6kg

removal of boot carpet - 1.5kg

removal of rear floor mats ,both ash trays + fuse cover tray - 1.2kg

removal of aerial + wire - 0.5kg

removal of under bonnet sound proofing - 0.5kg

total weight loss so far - 80.6kg

My target is 100kg so I am well on the way. The remaining chunk of weight should be lost with the fitment of a performance trim carbon bonnet and rear door cards, the bonnet should also balance out the weightloss and therefore handling.

So if the wiki facts are correct then so is the following;

original 16v power and weight; 136bhp + 1100kg = 123bhp/ton

my rado's power and weight; 165bhp + 1019kg = 161bhp/ton

Not bad eh?

just for comparison, vr6 original power and weight; 190bhp + 1240kg = 153bhp/ton.

To be more accurate I am going to get my car weighed on corner weights and post it up on here. :wave:

:notworthy:

Good man!

Please do post the results of the weigh-in as my VR6 was a lot heavier than what VW reckon it is!

removal of aerial + wire - 0.5kg

removal of under bonnet sound proofing - 0.5kg

mate you must be desperate :lol:

really like the work you've done, keep it up

It all adds up though :)

Love what you've done there though.... 8)

Good man!

Please do post the results of the weigh-in as my VR6 was a lot heavier than what VW reckon it is!

Your Corrado's mostly made of Dynamat isn't it or did you manage to remove it? :lol:

i've just read through your entire thread giving me ideas for my 9a c. fantasic car you have

Good man!

Your Corrado's mostly made of Dynamat isn't it or did you manage to remove it? :lol:

I did, LOL!

OK I re-weighed it last monday (forgot about this thread) and it weighs 1260Kg with full interior and a full tank of petrol. This also includes all the 'extras' my car has, such as 3 gallon ally tank in the boot and chargecooler kit, turbo stuff, heavy 8x17s etc etc. That gives me a hp/tonne figure of 310.

Mine was 1320kg a few years ago, so either the dynamat and ICE was a lot heavier than I thought, or the weighbridge was out of calibration!

You want to be carefull of these windy days we have been having with all that weight loss!! Where did you get your polished air tube/ power rohr from? Is meant for a Corrado or a Mk2 Golf?

Finally got my new seats in now after buying one 2nd hand from ebay then getting impatient waiting for another one to come up so just buying a new one!! anyway thought i would post up some pics with my stripped out interior, not totally down to the metal race car but retaining some comfort and looks. Picked upsome cheap harnesses from the 'bay which finish it off nicely. A few more tidying up jobs before it's perfect but I am well pleased with the new look 8) . By the way i am now on 90kg weight loss and with my carbon bonnet to fit next week it should take it over 100kg. :clap: will post up piccies and more stats then.

LGIM0292.jpg

lovin' the fact the recaro writing is reflecting in the rear view mirror, just by chance 8)

LGIM0293.jpg

LGIM0294.jpg

looks really minto. I wanna do something similar with my silver valver, lightweight and mean. wheres your 4 branch from?

Great looking seats,I bet really, you were trying for ages to get the logo in the mirror ! :) Looks good without the handbrake gaiter too.

looks really minto. I wanna do something similar with my silver valver, lightweight and mean. wheres your 4 branch from?

Cheers mate, got the 4 branch from the 'bay, about £80 or so 2nd hand. The heatwrap was about £10 from a guy who had bought too much so i bought the excess, just enough though!

Great looking seats,I bet really, you were trying for ages to get the logo in the mirror ! :) Looks good without the handbrake gaiter too.

Thanks, I have now removed the entire handbrake tunnel (another 1.1kg) and replaced it with a piece of black carpet. Looks very motorsport, just deciding whether or not to get a suede sparco wheel or not and maybe get one or two bits flocked.

Done it!! 101.3kg lighter. The final 20kg were lost as follows;

Removal of side bump strips from doors, (done ages ago but just remembered) - 1kg

Removal of stereo + door/dash speakers - 2.8kg

Removal of Abs ecu - 0.6kg

Removal of under dash trays - 2.2kg

Removal of various under bonnet covers, clips + trims - 1.5kg

Removal of handbrake tunnel + rubber sound deadening underneath it - 1.6kg

Fitment of carbon bonnet - 11kg

Total weight loss 101.3kg.

I have actually made a false floor for the boot from some thin hardboard covered in black acoustic carpet. Also I used some bits of carpet to cover where the handbrake tunnel was and cover the uglyness of the underdash wires/electrical gubbins so at least it still looks respectable. These will probably weigh in at a couple of kg's so maybe not quite a hundred kilos.

I will post up some more pics hopefully over the weekend of the finished interior and carbon bonnet which incidentally was qute easy to fit and line up albeit a two man job. Thanks to my father in law for helping me fit it, good man :grin:

Great work! I'll be interested in knowing the actual weight now if you manage to actually get it weighed officially :)

Yeah i am keen to know the exact weight too, whatever the outcome it is still 100kg lighter than it was before :clap: will post up when I know.

My new steering wheel :clap: could'nt resist with christmas money burning a hole in my pocket (how old am I? :lol: )A nice finishing touch to my motorsport/fastroad theme to my interior. A Sparco suede 300.

LGIM0319.jpg

A change from my current Momo Jet 320mm.

LGIM0318.jpg

A pic to compare to the Sparco 300mm to 360mm original.

Am just about to go out and fit it now (in the snow :censored: ) and post up more pics when its in.

How much weight does your new steering wheel save ?

It looks good,but we are going to need a pic with it installed :D

:lol: :p now you ask i think it is about 400g! at least it is not heavier :lol: