-=Kris=-

Kris' VR6...

You might have to wait for a bit....the polisher packed in a few weeks ago, now I have to save for a new one :censored:

Awesome looking car!

Edit: Kris, could you please let me know the name / details of the bodyshop?

I got a dent at the front wing (from last owner) and a tiny bit of rust needed fixing but the three garages/bodyshops that I have spoken to don't give me much confidence.

Fleet isn't too far, in fact the last owner of my car lives in Fleet.

Thanks!

Awesome looking car!

Edit: Kris, could you please let me know the name / details of the bodyshop?

I got a dent at the front wing (from last owner) and a tiny bit of rust needed fixing but the three garages/bodyshops that I have spoken to don't give me much confidence.

Fleet isn't too far, in fact the last owner of my car lives in Fleet.

Thanks!

Phirm FX... Good work... but pricy! and they only take cash or cheque... AND the quotes are excluding VAT... so as long as you clear all that up before... they are very good! i believe they have done some work thats ended up on Performance VW...

http://www.phirmfx.com/

Bought some Original rado mats! got rid of the cack old ones! at least the look original... dunno if they are... were ruddy expensive tho!

img0373qu.jpg

img0375wf.jpg

img0376t.jpg

img0377o.jpg

Hi Kris you gonna sell the old ones or keep them?

well i'll sell the old ones if ppl want them... they are a bit worn and the passenger mat has a crease that i cannot get rid of...

the peg bits on your mats. where are they pegged into? i just bought some from a company at work and they came with pegs but i didnt really look at em :/

they look spot on, havent seen them with one sewn on badge, mine have individual lettering. how much and where from if you dnt mind :)

the peg bits on your mats. where are they pegged into? i just bought some from a company at work and they came with pegs but i didnt really look at em :/

I pierced a small hole in the carpet and screwed the peg into the underlining... it sat quite nicely... at 1st i thought the pegs would be too big, but they were fine...

they look spot on, havent seen them with one sewn on badge, mine have individual lettering. how much and where from if you dnt mind :)

This might help... a little pricey tho!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170466425382&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:GB:1123

hey kris., is this whrere you bought them from, ebay, as the ones i have are different to the embroided ones.? alex

those are the ones i bought... on that ebay link, but i've just noticed the ones that i got are slightly different...

Nice, they are genuine items just the run out batch with the embroided logo on them.

There is a company that make embroided mats to order, here. You can even supply your own logo to be made up.

Right... so i was in Wallington this morning getting my haircut, the car was parked on a side street... i got back to my car and drove to sutton noticed a bit of a noise coming from the wheel but didn't think much of it... parked my car in morrisons carpark got me nandos and then drove back to my cousins house in kingswood... on the way back the knocking got louder and when i was braking it went away, so i thought, it's deffinately something serious... nursed the car back to my cousins VERY slowly and jacked the car up... the front passenger side wheel was loose!! there was about a cm of play! 4 of the nuts were almost completely loose... had 3-4 revolutions each before even starting to tighten up! the locking nut was still solid tight... some f*cker had tried to take the ally off and found the locking nut and fecked off!... :shock: :shock:

Not good at all..... but I'm really surprised you didn't stop and check the wheels immediately as soon as the noise started mate! Whenever that's happened to me I immediately pull over and go around checking the tyres, giving the wheels a kick to make sure they're not loose, etc..

Not good at all..... but I'm really surprised you didn't stop and check the wheels immediately as soon as the noise started mate! Whenever that's happened to me I immediately pull over and go around checking the tyres, giving the wheels a kick to make sure they're not loose, etc..

Well i did... stopped and had a quick look around... but didn't see anything obvious straight away and didn't really think to check the wheel nuts... it seemed fine...

wasn't too far from my cousins, so i thought i'd just get to his, jack the car up and check... had it occurred to me that it might be a loose wheel i would never have driven anywhere in it!

Right... so i was in Wallington this morning getting my haircut, the car was parked on a side street... i got back to my car and drove to sutton noticed a bit of a noise coming from the wheel but didn't think much of it... parked my car in morrisons carpark got me nandos and then drove back to my cousins house in kingswood... on the way back the knocking got louder and when i was braking it went away, so i thought, it's deffinately something serious... nursed the car back to my cousins VERY slowly and jacked the car up... the front passenger side wheel was loose!! there was about a cm of play! 4 of the nuts were almost completely loose... had 3-4 revolutions each before even starting to tighten up! the locking nut was still solid tight... some f*cker had tried to take the ally off and found the locking nut and fecked off!... :shock: :shock:

:shock:

Wallington is just up the road from me...really worrying that this kind of this is going on locally. And before anyone says anything, Croydon isn't THAT bad! :lol:

Glad you got home safely though :salute:

:shock:

Wallington is just up the road from me...really worrying that this kind of this is going on locally. And before anyone says anything, Croydon isn't THAT bad! :lol:

Glad you got home safely though :salute:

Yeah, it p*sses me off everytime on tv when someone wants to make fun of a town its always Croydon. I've been to much worse places. Croydon rulez! :salute:

Some great driving roads out Kingswood way too, if you know them well.