V-Dubstar

V-Dubstar's VR - New Motor Bought - TVR

Well, got back safe and sound at 11pm :shock: yesterday after an eventful day at DG!!

First and foremost, just wanna say a big thanks to Dave and Graham there, absolutely top blokes and as I've read many times on here, a truly quality service who really respect and appreciate the car as an individual and not 'just another car'. Thanks guys :notworthy:

Come across a few hickups - firstly the N/S wishbone was being stubborn and the bolt looked like it might shear off, so this one wasn't taken off in fear of what happens quite frequently apparently and the bolt shearing inside the subframe, and not being able to get the remainder out! So Im on the lookout for a subframe to re-furb and take to DG so we can get that wishbone out :lol:

Secondly, mk4 carriers definately DO NOT fit! :lol: Where the carrier mounts onto the hub it is too thick, and doesn't clear! So my old carriers were put on instead, but at least the mk4 calipers went on :D

Then we spent a long time trying to fully bleed the system, it seems mine is a little bugger and will have to 'let it settle' and maybe get it bled (a small amount) again next time

Other than that, I enjoyed my 1st day at DG and as mentioned already have plans to go up there again soon when a subframe is found, and gonna have the track rods done. (rear beam bushes on the horizon, but as and when!!)

Didn't take any photos coz Im crap like that, but I think Dave might get 1 or 2 of the bush from the wishbone we managed to get off the car - very comical!! :lol:

Once more, many thanks D & G, legends! :D :salute: :clap:

Sounds like a good day, Chris :) Don't think I'd take my car anywhere else to be honest, especially not for the bigger stuff. I'm off there soon for a cambelt change and a couple of other bits and bobs :)

Sounds like a good day, Chris :) Don't think I'd take my car anywhere else to be honest, especially not for the bigger stuff. I'm off there soon for a cambelt change and a couple of other bits and bobs :)

Yeh they just filled me with massive amounts of confidence combined with a friendly attitude - don't wanna take my 'rado anywhere else either! It's been quite funny explaining to people who just don't understand why Im "taking my car all the way to Kidderminster" to have work done - they just don't understand :lol:

Andy, will have a scoot around tidying up over the wknd and have a lookout for them slider pins for ya buddy :)

Yeh, I get that- 'Why don't you just take it down the road?' :roll:

Forgot about the sliders- cheers dude! :)

Passed the MOT today :clap: Had to adjust both headlights slightly, but other than that spot on!!

Very chuffed as I always get a little nervous when it comes round to MOT time. Got a couple of vids from my Spy Mini Camera which are doing the round atm, the quality is superb!! Unfortunately I have no video editing software and the vids are 1.3-2.4gb each, so Im having a time uploading to youtube atm...

If anyone knows of a way I can trim the video's for free lemme know!! :D

Nice one Chris

And by the looks of it you have not only caught the Corrado bugt you have also caught the DG bug too :lol:

Cheers buddy, how's the move coming along?

Haha yes, the guys up DG are good. I was at the MOT station today thinking "don't touch my car, u don't know what ur doing!" :lol:

So, all washed ready for RTTS tomoz!! (ahem - Whoop whoop!!)

Even cleaned the inside :shock: (Im crap when it comes to cleaning)

Here's some new pix anyways:

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfDSC03593.JPG[/attachment:3o94vh53]

Corrado92.pdfDSC03598.JPG[/attachment:3o94vh53]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSC03573.JPG[/attachment:3o94vh53]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC03607.JPG[/attachment:3o94vh53]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC03597.JPG[/attachment:3o94vh53]

DSC03565.JPG[/attachment:3o94vh53]

like it mate, looks very cool...which laminx did you go for? ;) lol i kno you will of answered it already lol.. couple of my mates going to rtts in there golf.. im so jealous.. think im going next year tho! :D

hmmmm still really liking that wheel colour on your colour motor 8) looking good

Cheers guys, appreciate the comments :D

like it mate, looks very cool...which laminx did you go for? ;) lol i kno you will of answered it already lol.. couple of my mates going to rtts in there golf.. im so jealous.. think im going next year tho! :D

I went for the gunsmoke mate, but on the headlights i've got them there smoked covers that used to be available :) Yeh man u should come along, good wknd it is! 8)

just going down for the show and shine then, you poser :lol:

the c's looking good man, im sure it will turn some heads :D

will there be a convoy tomorrow?

Hey Chris,

You car has still got the 90mm splitter, right? With the KW V1 fitted, how does the splitter cope with sleeping policemen? Too low? Or is it just about ok?

Cheers!

just going down for the show and shine then, you poser :lol:

the c's looking good man, im sure it will turn some heads :D

will there be a convoy tomorrow?

Sorry dude didn't notice this! Haha, nah, never bother with show & shines - don't think mines worth entering, plus it starts at 9am on the Sunday, I don't get to sleep till around then from the previous night! :lol:

Oooooo shiney, looks good mate

I need to get polishing for the weekend

Hey Chris,

You car has still got the 90mm splitter, right? With the KW V1 fitted, how does the splitter cope with sleeping policemen? Too low? Or is it just about ok?

Cheers!

Yes mate, still got the 90mm on there. It loves it mate, it takes on hell of a lot of abuse tho!! There's been a couple of occasions on bits of road that have been in the process of being re-surfaced etc when I thought id lose it, but it's still going strong! Guess the question is, how long!

In answer to the question tho, id say in an ideal world it's be too low, but I don't scrape it too often, and i love the look.

Oooooo shiney, looks good mate

I need to get polishing for the weekend

Cheers bud, he's filthy now tho!! Haha, I've never even polished a car before :| Should really get into it I guess...

what you doing friday? Im machine polishing mine, could do yours to maybe

what you doing friday? Im machine polishing mine, could do yours to maybe

Mate thanks for the awesome offer, unfortunately Im on the other side of the bridge this wknd! Id love to take u up on that another time tho mate?

I got some pretty bad lacquer peel on the rear bumper now too, wouldn't really wanna disturb that?

Yes mate, still got the 90mm on there. It loves it mate, it takes on hell of a lot of abuse tho!! There's been a couple of occasions on bits of road that have been in the process of being re-surfaced etc when I thought id lose it, but it's still going strong! Guess the question is, how long!

In answer to the question tho, id say in an ideal world it's be too low, but I don't scrape it too often, and i love the look.

Cheers, I agree 90mm does look better than 50mm! :D