V-Dubstar

V-Dubstar's VR - New Motor Bought - TVR

Thanks for the comments guys! All feedback welcome here :clap:

Got a little update coming soon when I can be arsed, I went for the darker tints on fogs/indicators in the end tho, very pleased with em!

i really fancy trying some dark speedlines on mine but i cant imaging the amount i would loose on the schmidts!

If you dont mind me asking how much did the wheel refurb set you back? Got any close up pics?

I can get u some mate, but haven't got any right now. Well I had them shotblasted at work for free, then had them powdercoated at a local place for £25 per corner. TBH, was not 100% happy because 2days after putting them on the car went in for repairs, and when they washed the car whatever they used had a chemical reaction to the paint, and there are slight smears on them!! So overall, didn't cost too much.

i really fancy trying some dark speedlines on mine but i cant imaging the amount i would loose on the schmidts!

We could always do a temporary swap :norty: lol jokes, but I do lurrrrve the schmidts!

Ok, will take new photo's and update soon. Basically having a small brake overhaul.

The rear calipers seem to be seizing, regardless of putting the Biggred re-con'd calipers I bought off Pete :( Also I think the N/S handbrake cable may be busted!!

So...I've bought some 288's from a late mk3 VR6, gonna get some mk4 rear's too. Bought Brembo discs for all round, probably gonna go Greenstuff pads all around. Hopefully gonna get myself booked into DG sometime soon to get the work done, new handbrake cables and have the hard brake lines replaced too. Overall, Im thinking my braking experience afterwards will be awesome compared to the sketchy system I seem to be running as is.

I have a snapped drop link too, so Im gonna replace both sides, replace both wishbones with the R32 bushes, and balljoints at the same time as doing the links. Probably gonna take the sump off to do the O/S wishbone as it needs the oil changing and will take the opportunity to give the sump a good clean and put a fresh gasket on.

Hopefully will get all this done relatively soon, MOT is due around the 25th of May so in an ideal world gettin' it sorted by end of April would be ace to get it booked in early!

So, gonna start re-furbing the 288's tomorrow, and I wanna know people's opinions on what colour I should paint the fronts and back? It's between red and black, btw... :wink:

Here's a couple of side-on'ish' pix for people to gain a perspective...

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC01693 (2).JPG[/attachment:2uz3f5sz]

DSC01687.JPG[/attachment:2uz3f5sz]

definately black to keep the moody look! looks very nice, i was trying to find the same paint colour the other day but not sure it would look as good on a red car.

Yeh? I was thinking black to go with the whole tinted look about the car (specially with the fogs/indicators now)

But I love green cars + red calipers!! :cuckoo:

gun metallic dark grey colour might look good??

someone wrote mine off, smashed into the back of me... tried to repair it but sold it to my mate for a VRT, he then sprayed it emerald green :cuckoo:

what a colour it was though, nicest green paint on any car

Here's a pic of my old VR- same colour wheels as yours with black calipers 8)

Nice cheers Andy! What do u reckon then, black?

Any more pix of this old rado then matey, heard a lot about it!

Chris, reckon black goes perfectly with the green/grey combo 8)

There's loads of pics in my gallery- try this page :)

+1 for black as above, unless calipers are brembo type i think red looks a wee bit try hard

still diggin your wheels man 8)

+1 for black as above, unless calipers are brembo type i think red looks a wee bit try hard

still diggin your wheels man 8)

Thanks dude - yeh I see where ur comin' from!! Might go for black then methinks...

Haha fair one - I am tempted to go red. Been to Wilko's today and found Hammerite in a dark green colour...tempted by this too...

Most likely goin' for the black tho...

Decided to go with red :shock: for the calipers now!! In the process of painting them atm. Took a pic today so I could photoshop what they may look like from the side. Haven't got round to it yet! On a major positive note he's booked in to DG for the 10th of May! :clap:

DSC00133.JPG[/attachment:32jyvqii]

just found your page mate, looking very nice!

i went hammerite red with my calipers, gives the c a sporty look 8) they get awfully dirty tho!