V-Dubstar

V-Dubstar's VR - New Motor Bought - TVR

i run 90mm aswell. dont think i could goto 50mm as it would loose alot of the aggressiveness that the 90 has. mine has had a battering aswell and is split in the passenger side corner but ill buy another 90 when it comes to it!

^^

ya mad, you cant be low enough :norty:

Haha, don't get me wrong man id probably buy a 50mm and lower it more, if it weren't for the damn sump!!

^^

ya mad, you cant be low enough :norty:

Haha, don't get me wrong man id probably buy a 50mm and lower it more, if it weren't for the damn sump!!

How you doing mate? If you went for the R32 sump, you wouldn't have to worry about how low you go :norty:

The car is looking awesome BTW.

Good Luck with the wheels! Post a pic when there on!! :shades:

Thanks man! And don't worry, there'll be a few :lol:

How you doing mate? If you went for the R32 sump, you wouldn't have to worry about how low you go :norty:

The car is looking awesome BTW.

Hi Matt, good ta mate, urself? Thanks dude! Should be some new pix after this wknd :D

I've heard about the R32 sump, did u put this mod on urs? Is there other things u have to think about, such as a different oil pump?

I'm good thanks dude.

I've not done the R32 sump as mine isn't anywhere near low enough to need it. C488ADO has it fitted and I believe you need to change the oil pump also, worth doing though mate, looking forward to your pics.

Ok, new rims have been attempted to be put on, but alas, have come up with problems :(

Rear went on fine, but there's not much gap now between the tyre and arch!!

Book1.pdfDSC04033.JPG[/attachment:2x7wuyc8]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfDSC04034.JPG[/attachment:2x7wuyc8]

The front's I had problem with. I was kindly given 6 spacers, 4 of which are 3mm and 2 are 5mm's. The offset of the rim is 30, I thought it was 35, so had a difference of 13 to make up compared with the speedlines to clear the calipers!! Ended up putting 2x3mm's and a 5mm on the front rim, and it now clears the caliper, but by this much :shock: :shock:

ETKA Corrado.pdfDSC04030.JPG[/attachment:2x7wuyc8]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfDSC04031.JPG[/attachment:2x7wuyc8]

There's literally less than a mm clearance, so didn't really think this is gonna be adequate enough!! I've managed to locate some 13mm FK hubcentric spacers off a mate I can pick up tomoz, so hopefully, these rims may be able to go on properly after tomoz!! :grin: :?

Corrado92.pdfDSC04029.JPG[/attachment:2x7wuyc8]

Thing is now though, the front will be 13mm wider than the rears. Obviously I can raise the back up a bit to get some spacers on the back, is having the front end wider than the back something people do though? Id think the handling will be affected by this? Please advise lol :lol:

Anyways here's some pix of how he stands atm

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSC04020.JPG[/attachment:2x7wuyc8]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC04025.JPG[/attachment:2x7wuyc8]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC04027.JPG[/attachment:2x7wuyc8]

DSC04024.JPG[/attachment:2x7wuyc8]

i've been waiting to see these pics!

Wow they are close to the calipers!!! hope the spacer workout to your liking!

i have to say they look really good on yours the colour mix is so much better!!! the polished rims stand out so much better...

Look cracking, Chris! 8) I'd defo wind the rears up a touch and space them so they are at least equal with the fronts.

looking sweet mate! :thumbleft:

Perhaps some 25's for the rears? May have to seek arch roaling with that offset tho, good luck with it.

Thanks for the comments guys :D

Yeh, I don't think 25's on the rear coz I can't afford any arch work right now. Is it not right to roll around with the front's wider than the rear's then? Will it affect performance??

Didn't really wanna raise it much as i've just got the height how I want it :lol: But needs must, I guess!

Chris i don't think its a problem driving with it wider at the front! mind you it would look good to get the rears out like the front as i think it looks great!

Chris i don't think its a problem driving with it wider at the front! mind you it would look good to get the rears out like the front as i think it looks great!

Yeh I know, in a perfect world Id have the rears out slightly more than the front, but again unless archwork is involved or I raise it quite a bit, it ain't happenin' lol!!

EDIT: Robert, how were they stacked when you bought the motor mate? 6's on the rear and 5's on the front?

no i think it was the other way 6mm front and 5mm on rear!

did you stack the spacers to get the fronts on? is that how you worked out that you needed 13 to 15mm spacers? i would recommend you try to get concentric spacers.

those eta's 288 must stick out a lot more than the 280 girlings...

no i think it was the other way 6mm front and 5mm on rear!

did you stack the spacers to get the fronts on? is that how you worked out that you needed 13 to 15mm spacers? i would recommend you try to get concentric spacers.

those eta's 288 must stick out a lot more than the 280 girlings...

Ah ok! Yeh lol, I have a 5mm and 2x 3mm spacers on the front, making up 11mm(ish). No spacers on the back, there's no room :lol: (or any left!!)

Yeh the one's i should be picking up are hubcentric ones, he wants to sell as a set of 4, so at least if I do decide to space the rears as the same I've got the spacers already!!

I am surprised you have no room at the back for at least the 5's... have you change calipers and discs at the back? I recon I could have got them on mine with 10mm spacers. I'm still standard at the back.

I am surprised you have no room at the back for at least the 5's... have you change calipers and discs at the back? I recon I could have got them on mine with 10mm spacers. I'm still standard at the back.

Yeh got some mk4 rear calipers buddy! It's not caliper clearance Im talkin' about tho, it's how low it is! :D If I space them out at the current height, my tyres will be customising my rear arches! :lol:

Yeh got some mk4 rear calipers buddy! It's not caliper clearance Im talkin' about tho, it's how low it is! :D If I space them out at the current height, my tyres will be customising my rear arches! :lol:

so with the mk4's you kept the original or mk4 discs? just wondering if mk4 discs have a thicker face plate which would put the wheel further out..

i had 5mm spacers on the back and tried the coilovers lower and i had space to the arch which is why i am a little confused :?

so with the mk4's you kept the original or mk4 discs? just wondering if mk4 discs have a thicker face plate which would put the wheel further out..

i had 5mm spacers on the back and tried the coilovers lower and i had space to the arch which is why i am a little confused :?

Nah they're standard Corrado discs, I think ur right tho the mk4 discs are slightly thicker, but have a different offset so wouldn't be ideal for use on the rado!

I dunno, only thing I can think of is maybe u didn't lower it as far as mine? :confused4:

When I get the 4 spacers tomoz, gonna whack the fronts on, then the rears without spacers, then raise it and whack the 13's on the back too, see how it looks!!

TBH, i quite like it looking slightly wider at the front :lol: