Sign in to follow this  
KIPVW

TOP GEAR New Series comments :)

STILL the only programme i watch without fail.

This weeks was a great episode. Stunning cars, and great comedy. TV Genius.

tottally agree, only program i must watch every week without fail...

I was also very surprised by how close that was, especially since official figures for the cars show that the Veyron achieves 0-200mph faster than the MacLaren does 100-200mph. There's no doubt that the MacLaren is a hugely fast car though, and the fact that it took the Veyron some 15-16 years and another 350bhp to beat it is a testament to how fast it was. Totally impressive in my view.

I think Hammond muttering "this is the real world" before setting off kind of sums it up really. Stats on paper are one thing, real life as we all know, is another :D

If the Stig was in the Veyron, I'm fairly certain it would have won outright because Hammond would have more than likely balls'd up the launch and removed the Mac's main advantage.

I've now come to thinking that it doesn't actually matter at all which of them is faster at all. Both cars are simply ridiculously fast, and frankly I'd be very happy indeed if I ever came to possess either of them. The Veyron has the sheer numbers, but the MacLaren has a proven race history together with excellent residual values.

Couldn't agree more. Both cars are legendary. Can you imagine being on the team that built the Veyron? "Right I want 1000hp in a small car and it has to be luxurious and daily usable, money is no object, just build it!". My dream job!

It's worth noting that these are both superb cars for one reason - Great Britain!

Ricardo, just down the road from Stealth Racing in Southam, developed the Veyron's 7 speed DSG gearbox. Any gearbox that contains 7 speeds, 2 clutches, can handle 1000+ lbft, is seamless to the user and can do it all day long for 1000s of miles is deeply impressive in my book. No wonder the car cost £1M, and that's before we look at the engine!!

I don't get patriotic about dear old blighty at all these days, but when it comes to motor racing, I'm very proud of our skill and expertise.

im pretty sure the veyron cost vw £4 mill per car and sold it for a loss of £3 million, it was in the first episode the veyron was at topgear if anyone wants to find it

Did any one els see a flash of red that looked very simalar to a corrado about 5 minets from the end. When they were inside Jeremys car on the motorway. :confused4:

Will have to look it up on I player.

Did any one els see a flash of red that looked very simalar to a corrado about 5 minets from the end. When they were inside Jeremys car on the motorway. :confused4:

Will have to look it up on I player.

Yes, I did too. :scratch: That's interesting....

James May and Ken block Bit was totally awesome :)his gymkahna vid is awesome too

I know what you mean but I thought it was a bit weak to film a video which was practically identical to what many of us have already seen 20 times on YouTube.

The 'halo' bits of TG are good, but I really am starting to feel as though the programme is being heavily padded out these days. The interview last night with Michael MacIntyre went on forever (which is tougher when he isn't even funny). You could have lopped off 15-20 minutes from last night's programme and not missed it frankly.

I think the problem is that the BBC is trying to wring as much out of TG as it possibly can. The programme has been one of the BBC's biggest ratings pullers in recent years and they can't resist the pressure to make as many episodes as they can. So now we're actually getting more than one series a year, with more episodes, and frankly they don't have the material to fill the space. I'm sure the TG team is trying as hard as they can to fill the void, but there's only so much you can do, especially since the programme's budget has been reportedly moderated this year by the BBC (so possibly no more African expeditions or shuttle launches which are expensive to film).

That's a shame for the viewer. Personally I think a little less would actually mean more quality for the viewer. I still find the three hosts entertaining (and James May just gets funnier every year IMHO) but more and more I find myself popping away from the TV whilst the show is on to do something else while I wait for the next good part to arrive. The good (smoking tyre) bits are usually right at the start and the end of the show these days.

Thumbs down - Clarkson threw in another "killing a prostitute" quip this week or last. Very cheap shot - further loss of credibility.

Thumbs up - I don't browse youtube much, so the Block thing was new to me. Very impressive and stunning visually. The big skies and deserts of the US (plus some photo gimicks) can provide awesome images.

Thumbs up - James May? Captain Slow? - I'm kinda with him - I nearly had the hair, too, once upon a time. :lol:

Thumbs down - Clarkson threw in another "killing a prostitute" quip this week or last. Very cheap shot - further loss of credibility.

You're a decent chap Mr Owl but I take a slight issue with that :D

I lived in Ipswich when that happened and it didn't bother me then, and doesn't bother me now. Cold and calass? Perhaps, but it's part of life, stuff like that just happens and I don't worry about or get upset by things beyond me control. But what gets my goat is people selectively taking the moral high ground in this country. It's fine to joke about a pop legend dying, but not OK to joke about killing prostitutes? Jackson was just a simple man trying to please everybody and the prozzies put themselves in danger through choice, I have no sympathy, sorry.

Clarkson will never lose credibility. His simplistic and controversial views appeal to a very wide audience I'm afraid. Mostly News of the World readers :lol:

Thumbs up - James May? Captain Slow? - I'm kinda with him - I nearly had the hair, too, once upon a time. :lol:

I actually rate May as the best of the 3 personally. I prefer his modest dry wit and his other TV programs are genuinely interesting and good to watch. May in a Golf with Techno blasting out is one of the funniest things I've ever seen, let alone one of the funniest TG moments!

Kev says

..."It's fine to joke about a pop legend dying, but not OK to joke about killing prostitutes? Jackson was just a simple man trying to please everybody and the prozzies put themselves in danger through choice, I have no sympathy, sorry."

:epicfail: Please refer to the Michael Jackson thread and see what I said/did not say. You are very much mistaken if you think I took part in those jokes, quite the reverse in fact.

Also, decent girls from socially responsible families can descend into the grim world of drugs and prostitution. Anyone's daughter can be swallowed up in that trap.

You seem to think they all deserve what they get. Most ungracious of you, but symptomatic of the society we now live in. With respect, you do not really have to tell someone who was born 64 years ago that, in life, shit happens.

No hard feelings anyway, you just got a fact wrong and we have different views on another matter. :)

you got to love clarksons down to earth common sense ways of looking at things!! its brilliant what he says, and its what a lot of us think... but the minority out there shout out their opinions, and 1 complaint is all it takes nowadays which is a shame because some people are jus retarded!!

im so glad they carry on doing things their way, and being contradictive (if thats the word). If you dont like it, dont watch it attitude which is f'in awesome!!

matey was well funny to i think, great guest and another great episode of top gear imo...

:epicfail: Please refer to the Michael Jackson thread and see what I said/did not say. You are very much mistaken if you think I took part in those jokes, quite the reverse in fact.

Also, decent girls from socially responsible families can descend into the grim world of drugs and prostitution. Anyone's daughter can be swallowed up in that trap.

You seem to think they all deserve what they get. Most ungracious of you, but symptomatic of the society we now live in. With respect, you do not really have to tell someone who was born 64 years ago that, in life, **** happens.

No hard feelings anyway, you just got a fact wrong and we have different views on another matter. :)

I know you didn't. I was speaking generally. If I meant you, I would have said "How can YOU joke about Jackson and not about prostitutes?". You mentioned it and I just happened to quote your text as a platform to get my point across, which was people in general being choosy about what moral ground they want to take, and. It wasn't meant to be a pop at you personally, sorry if it came across that way! :D Anyway, semantics Schemantics....

I don't wish harm or death upon anyone, but if they expose themselves to danger, it comes as no real surprise when a tragedy occurs. I'm not saying prozzies are worthless human beings compared to Michael Jackson but knowing the area and the people who live here, it just didn't bother me that much.

you got to love clarksons down to earth common sense ways of looking at things!! its brilliant what he says, and its what a lot of us think... but the minority out there shout out their opinions, and 1 complaint is all it takes nowadays which is a shame because some people are jus retarded!!

im so glad they carry on doing things their way, and being contradictive (if thats the word). If you dont like it, dont watch it attitude which is f'in awesome!!

matey was well funny to i think, great guest and another great episode of top gear imo...

I think I nearly understand what you are trying to say, big ben.

I like and laugh at Clarkson's material 99% of the time. Clearly, on balance, I don't expect to be switching Top Gear off if he maintains that form.

Common sense & brilliant? Steady, now. :roll:

Bit gutted about last night's show, whilst the ken block bit was truely awesome, they took so much more film during the day, and used the herc a lot more than they showed.

I think I nearly understand what you are trying to say, big ben.

I like and laugh at Clarkson's material 99% of the time. Clearly, on balance, I don't expect to be switching Top Gear off if he maintains that form.

Common sense & brilliant? Steady, now. :roll:

yeah i also know what your saying, he just likes to make a point that we blow things up big time... i think he is a genius though, and i suppose when he does leave the show we will realise how good he is (in this case was) :grin:

How good did that 300ZX look on the move, on last nights Top Gear. Wouldn't mind one of them some day! Unbelievable you can get em for £1,500 now as well...

Lot of car for the cash! I like the way it looks but it does look big and heavy to throw around. The 944 looked a lot more nimble by comparison.

Was it just me or did that Marina actually look quite good on those Rally wheels? :D

I also have no clue who Siena Miller is (sp?) but she's bloody gorgeous!

Not just you Kev, i though it looked cool on it's original rims too. :wave:

And the 300ZX?! :luvlove: Always wanted one of those at around the same time as falling in love with the Corrado. Can't believe how cheap they are now?!

Does anyone think hammond spun the 300 intentionaly to make better tv as it was just too good for the test?

Notice just how quickly it blitzed away from the others in the 0-60-0 test?! It was ballistic! :)