Yandards

The CF Forza 3 Race League, Final League Standing Pg 1

Thoroughly enjoyed last night! (Obviously!) Still cant believe I brought it home even after being last on the first lap.

After doing some testing during the week I decided that a gearbox upgrade seems to count to nothing, so reverted to a stock transmission and spent that 'PI' on a turbo kit! Glad I did that now! Although it was quite lairly at Motegi the race before - drift league anyone!? :D

Damn shame swiftkid bombed, I know how that feels :censored:

I actually enjoyed the 'warm up' races more as there was much more fun and banter going down, everything went a bit quiet with the league race.

I saved all the replays too, so will try and post some pics soon (including the one at Motegi where I took to the grass (and some) at the first corner to avoid hitting everyone - completely outbraked myself!)

Thoroughly enjoyed last night! (Obviously!) Still cant believe I brought it home even after being last on the first lap.

After doing some testing during the week I decided that a gearbox upgrade seems to count to nothing, so reverted to a stock transmission and spent that 'PI' on a turbo kit! Glad I did that now! Although it was quite lairly at Motegi the race before - drift league anyone!? :D

Damn shame swiftkid bombed, I know how that feels :censored:

I actually enjoyed the 'warm up' races more as there was much more fun and banter going down, everything went a bit quiet with the league race.

I saved all the replays too, so will try and post some pics soon (including the one at Motegi where I took to the grass (and some) at the first corner to avoid hitting everyone - completely outbraked myself!)

Giving your secrets away Jamin?? I reckon a few of us will be following your lead next week, more power definitely required for the 'ring!!

Will get the results up shortly, apologies for the time shift but you can blame x factor!!

Warm up races were more full of banter although the league race was quite tense :)

Giving your secrets away Jamin?? I reckon a few of us will be following your lead next week, more power definitely required for the 'ring!!

Hehehe, I did actually mention it last night in the lobby, from the first two races it was obvious I'd gone for more power!

Cant say I am looking forward to the 'ring tbh, I dont know it that well and I think its going to be a quiet race with cars spread out, I hope not though.

i know! i know of one corner that i roll it on every other lap so not looking forward to that. i've changed my setup but tbh im not sure if my risk will pay off, i know its quicker but jamin's was just insane on the straights, going past me like i was stood still!!!

Hehehe, I did actually mention it last night in the lobby, from the first two races it was obvious I'd gone for more power!

Cant say I am looking forward to the 'ring tbh, I dont know it that well and I think its going to be a quiet race with cars spread out, I hope not though.

Consistancy will be the key... any damage will be costly...

BTW Yan, are there points for DNF positions?

Not as costly as turning up at 9! Sorry, had to be said! :lol:

i know! i know of one corner that i roll it on every other lap so not looking forward to that. i've changed my setup but tbh im not sure if my risk will pay off, i know its quicker but jamin's was just insane on the straights, going past me like i was stood still!!!

Funny thing is that the car felt almost dialled round the corners, when I was behind yan and swiftkid, I could catch them through the corner also...but the power was definately the biggest advantage :D .

Not as costly as turning up at 9! Sorry, had to be said! :lol:

ARGH!........................................................ touché :gag:

I think it needs to be 0 points for a DNF, especially with some of the longer tracks more likely to result in a DNF, consistancy needs to be rewarded instead of just points based on position.

Doing a little video now, it takes ages so it will only be one or two bits.

I think it needs to be 0 points for a DNF, especially with some of the longer tracks more likely to result in a DNF, consistancy needs to be rewarded instead of just points based on position.

I know what you mean about consistency but what about things like router dieing? i was happily running in third and i know i shouldn't get the points for third, but perhaps last place?

its not down to router settings either because its my IP's fault, in my area the only people i can use is karoo and they are utterly garbage and likes to drop the line from time to time

I know what you mean about consistency but what about things like router dieing? i was happily running in third and i know i shouldn't get the points for third, but perhaps last place?

its not down to router settings either because its my IP's fault, in my area the only people i can use is karoo and they are utterly garbage and likes to drop the line from time to time

It's a difficult one to deal with, but I can see that a router drop could well be classed as something different, so as it won't make much difference if a router drop is awarded last place in the race (so as you were there last night it will be an effective 6th place and 3 points) You are right it is fairer that way and least you get something for your IP being rubbish.

On a slightly related note...

Yan, what's the "Race finishes in" countdown timer set to after 1st place comes in?

Seeing as its Nurburgring next race, (meaning the field will be well spaced out I reckon) what happens if say 1st place finishes (obviously) then only 2nd and 3rd places come home before the timer, but 4th to 8th places say, don't quite make the finish before the timer runs out?

It would be a bit harsh to give everyone else 0 points for a DNF if only 1st, 2nd, and 3rd make it home...

See what I'm saying?

Would you all agree that the timer should be relaxed enough to allow everyone who is still making race progress to finish the race?

Some pictures from last night's race action at Silverstone, I am working on a single lap video but only have 1/4 of it downloaded so far. The race replay is uploaded onto my storefront for those who want to watch it.

Race timer is currently set to 1 minutes but I will bump it up to 5 minutes for the ring just incase there is any last minute place swapping on the final lap.

some good photo's while i was there, i like the last picture... only a slight bit of camber on the rear lol

Great pics Yan, will try and u/l some myself if I can get the wife off the xbox tonite!

How are you getting the video from the storefront to your pc to then upload?

Great pics Yan, will try and u/l some myself if I can get the wife off the xbox tonite!

How are you getting the video from the storefront to your pc to then upload?

You have to upload the video file to the FM3 server go to your my forza page on the forza 3 home page, then download the single video clip (within 24 hours) and then finally upload the next one from the xbox.

Takes about 30 mins to upload a 30 second clip for me at 50MB.

some great shots there boys... lets say i was out with mechanical troubles... we'll call it a gearbox fault! true F1 style... tho that would mean i get a grid penalty next race.... this is not working out for me :lol:

F1 rules eh? give it another few races and then we'll question the legality of alex's splitter then :lol:

F1 rules eh? give it another few races and then we'll question the legality of alex's splitter then :lol:

hey hey! my car is running as clean as a whistle! its my driving that illegal!

:lol: i bet it you watch the video's from the practise you will occasionally hear

"LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY"..... BANG

:lol: i bet it you watch the video's from the practise you will occasionally hear

"LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOY"..... BANG

:lol: :lol: :lol:

its my driving that illegal!

I'll vouch for that :wink:

i dont fly like you Cats, im too cool for rules! i get my thrills on the knife edge of some other poor souls bumper and thats just how i role! :p

:lol: