robrado974

Robrado's rado she is staying

A little update , me n matt sorted the damaged fuel pipe today ,thanks to hassan and winch for info . Also sorted passenger door card as it was not sitting right . We gave matts a good clean , wax and used maguires detail spray to finish off . Put the interior back in matts as well . Ive known matt for around as long as i have had the car which must be five years in april , we have never took a pic of them together ,so today i made sure i got a few . Rob

DSC00651.jpg

DSC00655.jpg

DSC00653.jpg

You know it makes sense dude ! , need to use those few spare hours you have on weekends to get in it n drive .I want to get that bay of yours cleaned up asap !

Edited by robrado974

A little update , me n matt sorted the damaged fuel pipe today ,thanks to hassan and winch for info . Also sorted passenger door card as it was not sitting right . We gave matts a good clean , wax and used maguires detail spray to finish off . Put the interior back in matts as well . Ive known matt for around as long as i have had the car which must be five years in april , we have never took a pic of them together ,so today i made sure i got a few . Rob

DSC00651.jpg

DSC00655.jpg

DSC00653.jpg

that last shot is brilliant - cant decide which rims look better though...

Shame i got the fly tippers crap in the shot ! was bleedin cold though , a case of three quick shots n jump back in !.know what you mean about rims i like them both .

lovely mate think its a bit harsh talking about matts car as fly tipping mate he has feelingS you know lo;)l its missing the crown on the jewel in the photo tho ..........MINE LOL

Would have been nice to have yours in the shot dude ........ dont think you were allowed out to play though,lol.

It needed a good clean chris , god knows when she last saw a mit !!!!!. That maguires brings the paint up really well .

Only a small update , my vr will be back on the road in november , i will have the money by then to tax and test . So looking forward to those winter mornings when you can just jump in and go for a drive . Will be changing oil , gearbox oil and fresh g12 . Rob

Well me and rob tried to fix the handbrake problem today , it turned out it was working fine ,the problem was the piston was stuck . We couldnt shift it , so i took it down to a bloke i know who works at kwikfit . Bit of a pain to get it free, but once it was out and cleaned and greased it was like new . Also thanks to kip for the heads up on cassette holder on ebay , made him an offer and its mine , bit of retro back in the corrado .

Thought i would ad these as its been a while since the leather was fitted , loving the cassette holder , thanks again to kip who kindly pointed it out to me . Next step is the underside ,which i have been promising her for a long time . I will be renewing the waxoil stuff , new bushes and bearings all round , i will be on the lookout for parts soon , inc wishbones , crossmember and the like ,so i can send them off for powdercoating .Also need to fit my door rubbers as they are a bit tired .Rob

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0920.jpg

IMG_0918.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

Thanks again for comments , really love the black n cream mix , Rob , would be nice to have a head unit in there , such a bummer I blew the one up that was in there, what a bell end , that was a lovely unit .

Edited by robrado974

As some of you know i lifted the bonnet with the windscreen wipers up a few weeks ago [duh], this has taken the edge of the bonnet back to bare metal .We are going to touch the edge back in first, then if im not happy the whole bonnet will be repainted I have also noticed that the seems on the rear that i had welded and filled are blistering . So she is going back in and having some treatment. The weld line is going to be opened back up ,as i dont want the same thing to happen again . Also going to have the badges replaced ,i have wanted them back on for some time now , i want to go back to oem look .Will put some pics up when she is being sorted .

Regards Rob

I think so to mate it just blends so well , only a couple of weeks till the spray shop , looking forward to getting her sorted .