Sign in to follow this  
marmite monster

speedlines! do we all agree they are the best wheels?

funnily enough, as much as I love that picture I dont think a white C does the 16's much justice, I think they would look much better on a darker C - like myn :lol: :D

DSC00286.jpg

how much are the 16" FAKES :D

Oi! They aren't fakes :lol: - they were £125 each - special order from the factory in Italy - check out my thread on them:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=74643#p917360

Theres a closeup and a full car comparison as well on page 4 of that thread

:D :D :D :D

funnily enough, as much as I love that picture I dont think a white C does the 16's much justice, I think they would look much better on a darker C - like myn :lol: :D

DSC00169v2.JPG[/attachment:1ge1f83d]

I agree with you - although I think if I had mine diamond cut like my 15s above it would work. I just cant afford to right now!!!

DSC00169v2.JPG[/attachment:v3f3ht7s]

I agree with you - although I think if I had mine diamond cut like my 15s above it would work. I just cant afford to right now!!!

dont get me wrong, I think yours look awesome I just think they would be emphasised on a darker car.....I think I said something similar on your own thread - at least I'm consistent ay :) !!

I :luvlove: the speedlines! Not gonna change em for a long time!! (partly coz I love em, partly coz I can't afford to! :lol:

Here's a pic of mine painted a real dark gunmetal:

DSC01704.JPG[/attachment:2aisd1v4]

Speedies FTW!! :clap:

I do like the Speedies, but for me, RX2's. Pain in the arse to clean and wondering if they're still gonna be there in the morning is an issue but they still make me warm inside when I see them!

Im with you there 100% 8) They look so at home on a C.

not owning a vr means I dont know what you :cuckoo: are on about :lol: Estorils ftw

DSC_0401.jpg

anyone got any 16" pics?

download/file.php?id=65021&mode=view

:) :luvlove:

Now that is a nicely balanced look :salute:

I adore the original Speedlines, but in 15" they're just visibly too small, and physically too small - for man size brakes :lol:

totally agree thats why you need 17's :D shame they weigh 10kg :(

cvyhjjkyu.jpg

Love my speedlines, even more since they were refurbed.

DSC01515.jpg

DSC01514.jpg

i'd like 16's but the ones i've seen don't look like the same wheel

I always thought the 16's looked slightly different aswell, it looks like the central hub is different :scratch:

Nuts on the 15's look more inset.

anyone got or find a picture with a mk3 golf with speedlines on?? wonder if it looks good?? could put a set on my daily :D

anyone got or find a picture with a mk3 golf with speedlines on?? wonder if it looks good?? could put a set on my daily :D

Thumbs up from me!

!BcvuyVgCGk~$(KGrHqUH-C8Equpwt5zNBK11op5Jnw~~_12.jpg[/attachment:3eom5e1s]

I have 11 of em :lol: :luvlove: need more though!

yeah but do you have the center caps?? :D

£11 each at the dealers!

Anyway, of course Speedlines are the best wheels (for a Corrado) any other talk is just :cuckoo:

Have to say guys im in agreement, Corrado's do look nice on BBS's, Borbets etc, but you have to say that VW got it bang on back in the day because so many people like tho look of the originals. I refurbed my speedlines to a high glossy finish and I still think they look awsome. Stick with the speedlines not following the crowd I say!!!! :salute:

I do love the Speedlines, but like others have said, the 16" version definitely looks different. Shame cos I'd want the 16's if they were identical.

i think as a std wheel vw got it spot on back in the day but saying that i do like my current LM reps and my future new bbs Rc's just prefer a larger wheel filling the arch :D