lilfuzzer

Lilfuzzers "Verity" new headlights page 34

Well went for a little drive yesterday to pick up some tyres. Got home and smelt something rather funny. Opened the bonnet and looked down towards the exhaust and flames!!!!!!! Completely crapped myself but fortunately was put out very quickly. Kept and eye on it for an hour or so and nothing more.

Initial thoughts was oil leak but it appears that a cv boot has collapsed and spat its grease onto the exhaust.

Hopefully not anymore damage (cant see any as yet)

I have posted a thread about it but those who dont have a fire extinguisher in their car GET ONE! It could save your car!

Glad it didn't escalate into something more serious and both you and the car are relatively unscathed. I'll certainly be carrying one in the boot when mines back together.

yeah hopefully sean I am fine just panic set in for a while.

Shame she is off the road again after so long but hopefully only cv boot and back on the road :)

Glad you caught it quickly Chris.. Must have been a bit of a brown trouser moment!

Glad you caught it quickly Chris.. Must have been a bit of a brown trouser moment!

For sure jim after all that work a flash came over me that it will all be for nothing!

:eek:

Bloody hell mate, glad you got it out before it got out of hand! I'm off to buy one today after reading this!!

:eek:

Bloody hell mate, glad you got it out before it got out of hand! I'm off to buy one today after reading this!!

Defo buddy well worth the money

I'm getting a fire extinguisher this week! I'm well paranoid now :lol: Seriously though glad it was only the cv boot.

Cheers guys haven't had a chance to assess any further damage but since early hopefully nothing too much

Well thought I'd best update this thread properly well will do over the next few days!!!

As some may know about 4 years ago she cam off the road for a bit of a makeover. 4 years down the line and she is finished!!!!!!! ish

First fresh engine. It was built on a stand in my mates garage (every staurday morning for about 3 months)

Here is a couple of pics of the engine built up and the custom downpipe.

While the engine was being swapped it was a good opportunity to change all the front running gear for a set that was refurbinshed, that I had done in the loft haha.

I shall be digging out the photos over the next few days so will update when I have sorted the pics.

Running gear you refurbished in the loft!! "Fuzzy style" love it mate engine look's very nice I bet it is nippy especially with vince sorting the mapping etc. I am looking forward to seeing it next year you have put alot of graft into this :salute:

Nice. Am itching to get on with mine. Got all sorts of questions to ask people.

Are those arp studs? I've been reading varying opinions and instructions about whether you need to heat cycle the engine and then re torque them or not. Means taking the Inlet etc all of again. But some say with the arp assembly lube you don't need to. The more I type the more I think I will re torque them. :lol:

Running gear you refurbished in the loft!! "Fuzzy style" love it mate engine look's very nice I bet it is nippy especially with vince sorting the mapping etc. I am looking forward to seeing it next year you have put alot of graft into this :salute:

cheers bro keep looking it looks a lot different now thats for sure!!!

Yeah stripped it down outside then done all the bushes and and painting in the loft in a previous house to avoid poor weather!!! haha

Nice. Am itching to get on with mine. Got all sorts of questions to ask people.

Are those arp studs? I've been reading varying opinions and instructions about whether you need to heat cycle the engine and then re torque them or not. Means taking the Inlet etc all of again. But some say with the arp assembly lube you don't need to. The more I type the more I think I will re torque them. :lol:

Yeah they are arp s mate.

I havent re torqued mine but did use the lube ;)

then took a trip for mapping.

Turned out that she needed some more work so took her back home with my tail between my legs!!!!

This sparked the net version. Thanks for Crazydave we done a deal and I got his prototype short runner.

cleaned up and primed ready for stain black

12052011132_zps521abc97.jpg

tried it with the original fuel rail but that wasnt working so had to purchase a schimmel rail

21052011150_zps495dd4b8.jpg

Also started working on moving the battry to the boot. pictured is the BMW battery terminal box

09072011199_zpsc30b4493.jpg

and noticed by the gate in the background this was at least 4 years ago!!!!!