Ben-B

Rate the last movie you watched out of 10

Cant beat Evil Dead 3.

Clatto Verata N... Necktie... Neckturn... Nickel... It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word! Clatto... Verata... N-

[coughs]

[pause] Okay... that's it!

:D

Klaatu barada nikto! God I feel old and pedantic.

Watched a few films recently

Paul - 30/100. Disappointing, I didn't make it to the end.

Despicable Me - 87/100 A little sappy and predictable but I think the Minions have replaced Bob from Monsters vs Aliens as my fave animated characters. Hilarious.

Up - 95/100. Heartwarming.

The Green Hornet - 70/100. Fun and silly. Do not expect an awesome film, instead take your brain out and enjoy.

The Secret in Their Eyes- 78/100 Superior police drama with excellent acting... from Argentina!

REC 2- 63/100 Spanish zombies- decent scares, but not as good as the first one.

The Town- 68/100 Decent crime thriller.

Watched SOURCE CODE today,

really good film, plot was clever I thought

Saw Once Upon a Time in America last night. The proper directors cut, jeez it was long at 3hrs 40mins! Brilliant film though, the time really flies. Well worth a watch 8/10

American Psycho. Hilarious/disturbing take on 80s high-flying business men. Brilliantly played by Bale. 8/10

Skyline 5/100

Massive waste of my time, avoid at all costs.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

wy 5 out of 10 then... that would ( I assume) mean OK... not crap, not amazing

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

The Diving Bell and the Butterfly - 8/10

The true story of Elle editor Jean-Dominique Bauby who suffers a stroke and has to live with an almost totally paralysed body; only his left eye isn't paralysed.

The film follows the experiences of his life with his Diving bell prison and explores the opportunities that his butterfly imagination grants him.

Such a description may make this movie sound lofty or self-important, but that simply isn't the case. This is a beautiful film... The characterisation of Bauby, expertly captured though his eyes while in hospital by French director Julian Schnabel (Basquiat, Before Night Falls) combined with an ecliptic musical score including Explosions in the sky and Velvet underground make this a truly epic film. It misses out on a 9 (or dare I assume a 10!) by being a little on the slow side, with sentimentality winning over slightly on content. Still, you'd be MAD to not invest in seeing this film.

:thumbleft:

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

A Town Called Panic - 9/10

I can't think of any reason not give this 10/10... just that I hope to one day see a perfect film? But then... I can't think of a funnier film that i have seen in the last 26 years of my life... I honestly can't.

Instead of a plot summary (because frankly, the plot isn't the reason to see the film) I'll just give you what empire had to say about the film....

"Like Toy Story on absinthe"

Need i say more....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY55bTlZJEE

Blue Valentine - 8/10

Very good acting, captivating story and you get a good look at the blond lassies baps (shes the blond bird from dawsons creek btw)

What more could you ask for?

This is the sort of review Claudia Winkelmann should deliver on Film 2011 (still miss Barry "and why not?" Norman, but then I am old).

Literally made me laugh out loud in the office, but that's fine because I am the boss!

Tangled - Kiddy Disney, but I liked it. Very funny 8/10

Megamind - Silly and a bit predictable, but passed the time 6/10

Tron Legacy - Not as good as the original, bit off the wall, but I enjoyed it 7/10

Sporty Teens 10...not much of a storyline and the ending was a bit predictable but not bad - 7/10

Watch Harry Potter The Deadly Hallows last night. I wasnt initially a HP fan, but watched the films and did enjoy them. The latest (part 1) is good, though confusing to say the least. Will be watching it again. But i do recommend it.

8/10

Watched Transformers 3 in 3D on wednesday was great, it missed Megan Fox though the new girl was just eye candy so for that it gets 8/10

Also watched Paul with the GF the other night and thought it was very good aswell 8/10 also

Watched Transformers 3 in 3D on wednesday was great, it missed Megan Fox though the new girl was just eye candy so for that it gets 8/10

Also watched Paul with the GF the other night and thought it was very good aswell 8/10 also

I saw Transformers 3 the other day and special effects and sound aside I must say it was quite poor! Story lacked and yes the new girl was useless!

I saw Transformers 3 last week. Thought the 3D was amazing. I wanted to love the film as I loved the original animated series and original animated movie when I was a kid. Although I still enjoyed it I can't get over how the film makers can just randomly change things from the original series. They decided in their wisdom to change the names of two of the autobot transformers - 6/10.

I wish they would just do a live action re-make of the animated Transformers movie without changing anything.

Oh and watched The Green Hornet on blueray last night. I'm a big fan of Seth Rogen so I enjoyed it but it could've been much better - 6/10.

Senna - 9/10 Really captured the spirit of the man with some great racing footage. He really was a one off.

Ooo, oo, I saw Salt last night for the first time............................................................................................... And my last, don't waist your time, I'll never get those 2 hours back! :(

"Unknown" with Liam Neeson - 7/10 good action and nice pace, lovely shots of Berlin, but pretty obvious twist.

I wish they would just do a live action re-make of the animated Transformers movie without changing anything.

I half agree with that but hope they never do in some respects.. I adore the original cartoon movie and would be mortified if they ruined it with a remake!

Planet Terror.

Am I missing something? A machine gun as a false leg? I think I might have watched a worse film, but I can't think of it.... 2/10

Planet Terror.

Am I missing something? A machine gun as a false leg? I think I might have watched a worse film, but I can't think of it.... 2/10

Thats insane! Its A great film, the missing reel during the sex scene, the amazingly gory violence, the mad acting and obsession with BBQ sauce! It's hilarious!

I think the only better way to improve the film would be to have killed Fergie from the Black eye peas MORE times than just once... watching her legs being ripped off was great fun :lol:

You have to take that film with a pinch of salt, it's not a horror and it's not a comedy... It's a purposely crap gore fest, attempting to mock all the old, tired, B-rate horror flicks of the 70's. Ever seen trolls 2? try searching for it on youtube and you'll see what I mean!

Having said all that, it's sister film "Death Proof" by Tarantino is better, less stupid and slightly more sinister. And the best thing about both grind house films was the trailer for "Machete".

"They messed with the wrong mexican!"

Classic!

sweeney todd - 1/10 for the ten minutes i managed to watch.

Watched Piranha on sky movies last night cause there was nothing else on. Didn't have any expectations but actually enjoyed it. Some great comedy death moments and more than enough of Kelly Brook to keep you interested. Watch of for the cameo of Gianna Michaels too...don't pretend you don't know who that is...6/10