nemesis360

DG Autotech - VR6 Remaps now available

the accuracy is wildly variable from machine to machine....

I suppose the only real comparison you can draw, is a before and after on the same dyno, but even then, atmospheric conditions and heat soak can make a substantial difference.

After spending some time trying to calibrate, from scratch, a new diesel engine controller (at work), calibration is a very fine art and takes an awful lot of time to get right!

.... you forgot tyre pressures, the heating of the tyres, changes in friction due to the heat, the way the car is strapped in, how hard it's strapped in, is it able to climb out of the rollers whilst accelerating and decelerating..... the list is endless..... ok time for a pic..... this is a real rolling road.

rollers.jpg[/attachment:3fenng4i]

The rollers are 6ft diameter, the test cell is climate controlled for temperature and humidty, the vehicle cooling fan is as big as the car and can still only run at 150kph.... but this is getting way off topic so I'll stop here.

This is so frustrating, the more I hear about DG the more I want to pay you a visit.........but you are bloody miles away :brickwall:

I would be very interested in this remap, seems like a positive move on general performance for very reasonable money......problem is it will cost me that again in petrol for the visit :(

Keep up the good work fella's, nice to have a more or less Corrado dedicated garage on the forum :D

This is so frustrating, the more I hear about DG the more I want to pay you a visit.........but you are bloody miles away :brickwall:

I have a 270 mile round trip to see these guys so I know what you mean, but then I tend to have a few jobs done at once when I time so each visit is worth the trip. But they are not like any other garage I have been to, they take time to talk to you, show you what's what, go for a drive with you - it's more of a day out!

I have a 270 mile round trip to see these guys so I know what you mean, but then I tend to have a few jobs done at once when I time so each visit is worth the trip. But they are not like any other garage I have been to, they take time to talk to you, show you what's what, go for a drive with you - it's more of a day out!

Just done a route planner and according to AA its 132 miles one way so funnily enough the same as yours !!

I'll be doing a 240 mile round trip before Xmas to get this done. This seems to be right up my street - a nice bit of extra get up and go at low-ish revs. My car's only been once to DG this year so it's starting to get withdrawal symptoms - it's addicted to getting on Corrado cam :lol: .

Does sound like a good map, but do you cater for OBD2? Do you think it would need some tweaks for my mods?

We can cater for OBD2, but the improvements in low end timing are pretty much already in the stock software. Some gain at the top end depending on engine spec. Best to give me a call and we'll see if we can work something out 8)

Any increase in power?

Oh yes.....at about 3:15 in .

, Wazzas VR 12v in front just about pulling away from Mic in his 24v 2.8! OK so he catches him under braking and better cornering speed :lol:

Warricks car spec.... stock cams, 3 layer head gasket, CDA BMC, Magnex exhaust & DG Remap!

I managed to stay with Vornwend's Storm a couple of weeks ago on a spirited drive- he's running 263's + Stealth remap + BMC + Magnex. I've got a BMC + DG remap :)

Dave, what's the benefit of the 3 layer headgasket? Temp?

10.5:1 Compression ratio instead of 10:1

so whats the advantage of having a higher compression ratio?

10.5:1 Compression ratio instead of 10:1

so whats the advantage of having a higher compression ratio?

I would guess a slight improvement in power but you would probably have to use higher octane fuel to get the full benefit?

Ian.

Indeed it is slight, but added to more timing below 4000rpm, it does make the VR6 feel more responsive.

The 3 layer gasket is less tolerant of surface pitting than the original fibre gasket, so care needs to be taken in surface preperation to ensure a good seal.

Was tempted to have a DG remapped ECU put into the VR when it went in for a service last week. Truth be told, Dave didn't exactly have to twist my arm behind my back...he and Graham have done it again! Superb bit of kit, really makes a noticeable difference to the lazy bottom end of the torque curve and sharpens up throttle response noticeably across the range.

Essential mod for OEM+/modders alike. Well chuffed with it and more than happy to have my feedback added to the growing, glowing tributes. It's stuff that makes DG the Corrado experts par excellence.

Ed.

More feedback from Mr Sands!

I've done my first commute in the remapped VR and I'm more impressed even than before. It really does make motorway cruising smoother and easier and the power is so much more accessible when you want it. I'm sure I can feel the engine taking it easier too; cannot get over what a difference it's made. :notworthy:

Any increase in power?

Oh yes.....at about 3:15 in .

, Wazzas VR 12v in front just about pulling away from Mic in his 24v 2.8! OK so he catches him under braking and better cornering speed :lol:

Warricks car spec.... stock cams, 3 layer head gasket, CDA BMC, Magnex exhaust & DG Remap!

Thats because i'm a right wuss when it comes to corners! :camp:

After a couple of months running the DG remap I don't know how i drove the car beforehand, i mean i used to have to change gear when i wanted to accelerate, now i don't have to! The extra power at low to mid revs is quite noticeable and has made the car even more enjoyable to drive, and me a little more lazy... I had tried a cheapo remap before and had nothing but problems of stalling when coming to junctions and very little improvement in performance, and in fact the mpg decreased overall.

I have to say that after each visit to DG i end up liking my car just that little bit more, it's by no means perfect, but they'll get it there! :clap:

How long does it take to carry out one of these remaps - is it a chip fitting and rolling road or just a swap ?

I've got a standard VR, and am very tempted to hop over on the ferry from Ireland after hearing all the good things about them.

Usually takes a couple of hours, we check the car over first the do some runs with the emulator on to see if we can tweak the Map a little better to suit the car, then burn the chip etc.

We have plenty of Tea and biscuits on standby as usual :D