KIPVW

Nugget almost done! Well top bit anyway :)

Welcome to the forum! :) I hope by seeing Kip & Judiths posts, you have some sort of idea of how fastidious they are about their cars.. they will be your most critical customers! :) :D

That said, if you do a top job on this Corrado, I'm sure people will want to travel if they know there is a bodyshop they can trust with a Corrado.. I certainly would. I look forward to seeing how it goes!

Hi matt. Wow am stunned already lol!

Yes please feel free to upload pics as you go along.

Although please take tons with the camera as its a good size memory stick.

Ps. Hope the rear panel sticker is safe. :-S

Cheers and will pop and see you soon.

Kip. :-)

Don't worry the sticker is safe, cut out part of the panel as requested.

I knew how particular kip would be as its easy to spot a genuine enthusiast with the questions they ask. I'm also glad we could help him save this car, insurance company's are all too willing to write cars off if they are a bit of an older model. We have a similar problem on the E30 forum in that good solid cars get scrapped for relatively minor damage.

Lol! Just so you lot know, Daxmatt is my passat owning (dreaming of Corrado ownership) work colleague :wave:

Kip

Oh wow. Progress at last. 13th Oct was sooooooooo long ago.

Looking good. Love the reference.

Feel like popping down to see it coming along myself but don't think time will permit.

good to know its going well and welcome matt thats a good person doing your work when you come on the forum and find out about the car

Wow that is some pretty awesome customer service right there! Joining the forum to post progress, I have never known that before! And Jim is right, finding a trust worthy body shop is hard work so people WILL travel if they know they are going to get quality work done.

Happy to put people up at Corrado towers too for anyone wanting work doing :-D

Wow that is some pretty awesome customer service right there! Joining the forum to post progress, I have never known that before! And Jim is right, finding a trust worthy body shop is hard work so people WILL travel if they know they are going to get quality work done.

It's easier to post progress on the forum than having Kip phoning and calling round every two hours for an update!

"how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... how's the car doing?... "

:D :D :D :D :D

Only kidding mate

:lol: Am I that bad John?????

Mate you shouldn't be asking me. The last time my car was in the bodyshop I spent three days in the bodyshop helping them do the work!

But since you ask - yes I think you probably are that bad. As evidence I offer the article you put in the Sprinter last year describing the respray of your black VR6. I rest my case....

(seriously good luck with that repair mate)

John

Yeah all is going well, went to see it last week and the rear panel is welded on and just needs sealant adding then i go to inspect it looks ok before painting.

Took plenty of pics but my camera is with the car so not uploaded any.

Decided to get the whole car done too while it's in so all trim removed, bumpers, slam panel, etc will all be painted as it'd probably look odd and not match up as well if i didn't so seems a perfect opportunity

Your vr will be crying in the garage now... will it ever see the light of day again..!!

when do you think the work will be done..~?

No great rush to be honest Andy as all i'm thinking about at the moment is riding the bike and shifting the excess weight i put on since the accident, off to Majorca on my annual cycling holiday in 12 days so banging the miles in :)

Nugget should be done by around end of march ish lol!

VR needs some work doing before stanford though so as soon as i get back from Majorca it's VR time :/

Mucho to do oh!

Gonna be a very busy year

As you can see all is looking very good and i'm really pleased with the boys at the bodyshop where the car is, the metal work looks superb (thanks Matt) and now paint is only a matter of days away so rear quater windows have been removed as i decided we may as well do it all and do it right, hopefully the screen has now been removed as there were small signs of corrosion around the edge so thought it best to remove it while it's there and get it treated or ground back and welded up should it need any fabrication.

Any comments or questions lets hear em :)

Right seem to have sussed out posting pics now lol! they aren't in order so am sure you can figure it out, the rear panel was replaced with a brand new iten and is all etched primered up before the seatant goes on, this is done as if you put the sealant straight onto bare metal you can get condensation with temperature changes so the etch primer stops this happening thus making a nice bonding surface for the sealant to go on and when thats done I will go and inspect it to see if it looks original enough before painting :)

Cant recomend the place enough, so far they have been superb and very enthusiastic :)

Edited by KIPVW