gradeAfailure

The "Will these wheels and tyres fit" thread

Interested in experience of 195/40/17 tyres in terms of ride quality, feedback etc. My tt comps rub at the rear but only one side (?) so thinking of replacing the 205s with 195s. They're vredesteins at present - will probably replace with the same type

Hey all, just looked at the wheel calculators for my 91 g60, from what i can see with the wheel and tyre package im getting should fit, its 16" lenso bsx's front 7.5j with a 195/45 et25, rear is 9j 215/40 and et20, i have a 40mm drop all round, should they fit without rubbing? Fronts i feel should be good, rears im worried about

Hi all, was looking at buying some Rota grid-Vs specs are;

16"

8J

5x100 PCD

With an offset of ET20

Possibly with a 235/40R16 tyre on.

Just wondered if these will be suitable? Or will it be to much poke?

a2c4e8d2b5875c2abc08e23365eb2077.jpg

Maybe with a reiger kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all, looking to purchase some 16" BBS style 8j wheels with an offset of ET25 all round.

Going on my VR6

Whats the best tyre size to ut on these and how low should I go. Don't want any rubbing

Thanks

Hi all, looking to purchase some 16" BBS style 8j wheels with an offset of ET25 all round.

Going on my VR6

Whats the best tyre size to ut on these and how low should I go. Don't want any rubbing

Thanks

Most people who buy BBS copies regret it in the long run as the seem to turn to dust after a few winter months? Do your research before you commit to buying

These are only going to on over the summer months.

Had the same wheels on my old Honda Prelude Vtec and they lasted well.

Information on the tyre sizes etc would be great

Standard size is 205 50 15, and every inch bigger for the wheel means dropping a size for the sidewalls, so 16 inch wheels would mean 205 45 16, and 17 inch wheels would be 205 40 17. Main thing to remember is that whatever size you go for the rolling circumference needs to be as close as possible to the original 15 inch wheels.

Hi all, so now im thinking of going for either 17" 7.5J ET35 all round or 17" 8.5J ET20 all round with 205/40/17 tyres.

The car is at standard height currently but I will be looking to fit coilovers, I wont be lowering too much.

What issues might I get with either setup and which would you recommend ?

Thanks

17x7.5 ET35 is what I have with a small drop and it's absolutely spot on. Good stance imo and never once had rubbing issues, even with 2 in back and a boot full. Can't offer any advice on 8.5 ET20 though sorry.

I've got 288mm on the front which will fit behind standard wheels, so there is miles of room now! You'll get 312mm disks behind without a problem.

17/8 BBS RS et 54, what tire size to put on it?

I think 205 40 r17.

What tire size do You guys have on Your 17's BBS RS

LMK

I think 205 40 r17.

LMK

Your right on the money pal. Ideal tyre size for 8J 17" fitment. Other consideration is 215.

I think 205 would be too much stretch on an 8" wheel personally, but with that offset I don't know if you'll have rubbing issues regardless

I think 205 40 r17.

LMK

Went to this tire/wheel website, input the stock Corrado tire/wheel combo, compared it to 17x8, +54, 205/40 tires, and this is what it looks like:

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=195&aspect=50&diameter=15&wheelwidth=6&offset=35&width2=205&aspect2=40&wheel_size=17&wheel_width=8&offset2=54

If it was me, this 17" combo is ALL wrong. The offset is too high to clear the inner suspension, and the tires are not wide enough for those wheels, or the wheels are too wide for those tires. I have a 1990 G60, and the wheels/tires I have in mind are 17x7, +27 offset, 205/40 tires. Plug those numbers into that website, and you'll see a BIG difference, one that very likely will work quite nicely, and give my G60 the look and stance I want. But 8" wide with a +54 offset and same size tires is wrong, wrong, wrong...

hi all, got a 1992 corrado that has the standard 15 inch rims on it 4 stud ones.

iv seen some 16 inch wheels that i like but not sure if they will fit. here are the details:

SIZE 16 x 6.5

PCD 4x100

OFFSET 35

CENTRE BORE 56.5

will these fit? if so what size tyre is recommended for them?

thanks

The centre bore is too small. You need to find 57.1 or larger then reduce with spigot rings

hi all, got a 1992 corrado that has the standard 15 inch rims on it 4 stud ones.

iv seen some 16 inch wheels that i like but not sure if they will fit. here are the details:

SIZE 16 x 6.5

PCD 4x100

OFFSET 35

CENTRE BORE 56.5

will these fit? if so what size tyre is recommended for them?

thanks

Like has already been mentioned, the center bore is too small. I believe the bore is 57.1mm, so you need something that's at least that big. There was a wheel site that listed the stock wheel/tire set up as 15x6, +35mm offset, 195/50 tire. I'm running 16" Enkeis right now, with 205/45 tires, and they fit fine. Not sure of the offset though, it's not stamped on the outside of the wheel.

I should have the following setup on the car by next week: 17x7, +27mm offset, 205/40 tires. I used this website to help figure out if this will work, and just in case, I have a set of 5mm spacers. If I don't need them to clear anything on the back side of the wheels, I'm going to put the spacers on the back wheels, to give it a wider stance.

http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=195&aspect=50&diameter=15&wheelwidth=6&offset=35&width2=205&aspect2=40&wheel_size=17&wheel_width=7&offset2=27

My G60 is yellow, and these wheels are Beyern black mesh with a polished lip, so I'm expecting them to really "pop" on the car.

http://www.beyernwheels.com/BMW_wheels_beyern_mesh.php

It was difficult to find a set of 17x7 wheels with a low offset for my G60, since most of them have offsets of 35mm or higher (usually 40). If you plug a wheel with that kind of offset into the "willtheyfit" website, you'll see that without spacers there will most likely be some major suspension rubbing problems.

But back to your original question, those wheels won't work because the center bore is too small. If they were at least 57.1mm, they "should" work with a 205/45 tire, but I'd get a set of 5mm spacers just in case. You'd hate to get them mounted and realize you're rubbing by a few mms, and a spacer could've saved the day...

Interested in experience of 195/40/17 tyres in terms of ride quality, feedback etc. My tt comps rub at the rear but only one side (?) so thinking of replacing the 205s with 195s. They're vredesteins at present - will probably replace with the same type

Just got some TT comp's, did you change the tires in the end to 195's fla? I really want 205's but don't know which suspension to use....

Edited by spen

No not yet. I was thinking of getting some axle alignment plates first. Do you get the same rub on yours?