Andi

THE Corrado Forum 2.0 FEEDBACK THREAD

No, but in your settings you can set threads to be 'subscribed' to when you post in them (you don't have to receive an email for each reply though) and then view all your threads via the "Subscribed Threads" under Quick Links in the banner.

No, but in your settings you can set threads to be 'subscribed' to when you post in them (you don't have to receive an email for each reply though) and then view all your threads via the "Subscribed Threads" under Quick Links in the banner.

Any chance of a button for this Andi on the front page - again just makes it easier on the EyePad

Turn it on in your Settings in your Profile. Simples :)

Really? I've seen the option to turn on the email you get sent when you receive one. But not one where you get a pop up saying '1 new message' when you either first log on or refresh the page. I'll take another look. :D

Just spent a while going through all my own posts re-subscribing to topics.

I think the forums gone a bit quiet since the upgrade as all the old subscriptions were lost. Is it possible to import all the old subscriptions at all? One of the good things previously was that if you replied to a topic that was quite old, it would send notifications to all the people who'd posted in that thread.

Either that, or everyone needs to start going through old posts and resubscribe to topics they've posted in!

Is it possible to import all the old subscriptions at all? One of the good things previously was that if you replied to a topic that was quite old, it would send notifications to all the people who'd posted in that thread.

I wish. I would've done it if I could.

Sorry.

Oh, and to the guy who emailed "Why did you bother? I preferred the old one." Perhaps buy a Scirocco Mk1, then?

Errrrrm (Little guy holding a sign saying off topic) :)

Thats awesome!!! lol

i've found it looks great and took me about 20seconds to get used to. 100% an improvement.

my only trouble is this running slow thing, but cannot figure out why, am now thinking its my laptop and something on corrado forum it doesn't like

this is the page you're after - http://the-corrado.net/profile.php?do=editoptions

Again though, there's only an option to receive an email notification when a message is received - which is handy when im not logged on to the forum. But in the old software, when i was on the forum and i received a message, the next time the page refreshed, like when changing pages, i got a pop up notification saying i had an email.

Sorry if im just being picky.

In which forum? If the For Sale areas - read the Notice at the top.

If elsewhere, let me know as it's a bug!

Hi Andi,

This just happened to me, in my thread in Drivetrain. I didn't notice the first couple of times, so there are probably three 'pending' posts (only one needs to be authorised).

Cheers.

1st of all I'd like to say thanks Andi, for all your hard work with this forum. I doubt there's anyone who doesn't appreciate what u do :D

I've decided to finally have a proper look around today and sort out my profile etc, and get used to the new layout a bit more and I'm getting there!!

I've noticed a few times on this thread about the 'Your Posts' button we used to have and that it doesn't exist, but I've come up with another method by using the search on here, by selecting various options, saving the search preferences, searching and then copying and pasting the URL from ur browser...if anyones interested? It means u can see all ur previous posts without needing to subscribe to them?

1st of all I'd like to say thanks Andi, for all your hard work with this forum. I doubt there's anyone who doesn't appreciate what u do :D

I've decided to finally have a proper look around today and sort out my profile etc, and get used to the new layout a bit more and I'm getting there!!

I've noticed a few times on this thread about the 'Your Posts' button we used to have and that it doesn't exist, but I've come up with another method by using the search on here, by selecting various options, saving the search preferences, searching and then copying and pasting the URL from ur browser...if anyones interested? It means u can see all ur previous posts without needing to subscribe to them?

I have auto subscribe on. Means all my post are held in there without me trying :)

I have auto subscribe on. Means all my post are held in there without me trying :)

Fair one! I'm new to all this subscribe stuff!!

i've found it looks great and took me about 20seconds to get used to. 100% an improvement.

my only trouble is this running slow thing, but cannot figure out why, am now thinking its my laptop and something on corrado forum it doesn't like

Do you have the same problem across different browsers? Firefox, Google Chrome etc?

Just thinking it may be Internet Explorer "remembering" the "old" forum, I was having the same problem on IE (Firefox was fine), I found that clearing IE of all browsing history (Cookies, Forms etc), then googling the forum, and navigating to the forum via the google result (i.e. not through a stored Favourite/Bookmark)

Try getting rid of your old bookmarks, clearing history on IE, see if that helps, if it were your laptop or connection, you'd have the same problem on all sites...

New forum is good so far, apart from one thing. It seems to log me off after a certain amount of time. Twice I have written PMs, and gone to submit only to be told to log on, which is not a problem, except I lost the whole message I had just typed.

Is there any way to change the time of what I guess the forum sees as inactivity (me typing only) before it logs me off?

It's still a great forum!

In PM's - when you reply to a recieved message - you can no longer scroll down to read/quote any of the content of the message recieved.

Or, have I missed something ?

In PM's - when you reply to a recieved message - you can no longer scroll down to read/quote any of the content of the message recieved.

Or, have I missed something ?

There is no quoting in PMs as it's not needed.

The full message history is expandable beneath the message - so there is no need to 'quote'.

If you wish to quote something else, you can still use the quote BB code, however.

Update

• Just fixed the '4 pictures per post' thingy - sorry, I'd done attachments but it was blocking use of the IMG tag. Limit now raised to 25 per post. And attachments are actually unlimited.

Hope that helps!

i thought it had come up before Andi but i cant find it, can we still do attachments in PMs?

cheers

Nope, don't think you can, actually...