mjcp

Did you know... and other C related tricks...

I'm sure there are loads of (cool/odd) things you've spotted about the C and never mentioned (ie no sunroof posts!)... so here's one to be getting on with:

Did you know the front seats (with working bolsters) are perfect for keeping a box of beer in place?

I provide the following evidence:

Marc

from what i can remember. if you have the keys out of the ignition. put your headlights on and pull the full beam stick the heaters will come back on. when i get home im gonna try it and work it out again! completly useless but one of those things!

A few people know about this one but.. there is actually a secret drinks holder in the Corrado. Pull the ash tray out of the rear of the centre tunnel and you'll find you can quite easily store a McDonalds or similar beverage holder without any spilling :)

If you leave the light that in the passenger sun visor switched on, it will turn off when you fold the visor back out of the way.

The gap between the passenger seat bolster, and the seat belt clip is perfect for holding a bottle of drink :)

from what i can remember. if you have the keys out of the ignition. put your headlights on and pull the full beam stick the heaters will come back on. when i get home im gonna try it and work it out again! completly useless but one of those things!

I just tried this and it workes, no idea why though.

With the passenger or drivers seat all the way back you can wedge a 5l oil can in there quite nicely without it sliding around.

Top tip that a lot of folks dont know about although it is in the handbook, holding the key in the locking position will close the windows on all models and the sunroof on models with the later control modules. If you have a one touch up drivers window then you wont have the sunroof feature and vice versa.

Hmmm......just turned car off and removed keys with Headlights still on (by mistake) and heater fan still ran. Tried the same later and after a couple of seconds fan stopped. Blocks, not another ignition switch gone, or possibly load reduction relay!! I swear my car is reading this topic

With the passenger or drivers seat all the way back you can wedge a 5l oil can in there quite nicely without it sliding around.

Top tip that a lot of folks dont know about although it is in the handbook, holding the key in the locking position will close the windows on all models and the sunroof on models with the later control modules. If you have a one touch up drivers window then you wont have the sunroof feature and vice versa.

Found that out on a golf when repairing the handle and the window ame down and nearly took my hand off!!!

And another one that folks who are new to the Corrado often miss.. the windscreen wipers have a variable intermittent wipe. Simply flick the wiper stalk down and then back up. Wait as long as you want the next wipe to be, and flick the stalk back down again. You've now just set that as your intermittent wipe speed :)

And another one that folks who are new to the Corrado often miss.. the windscreen wipers have a variable intermittent wipe. Simply flick the wiper stalk down and then back up. Wait as long as you want the next wipe to be, and flick the stalk back down again. You've now just set that as your intermittent wipe speed :)

Yup and its bloody handy too. Especially when you have lupo/tt wipers that can strain if the screen is too dry. So good to be able to allow more time between swipes.

[girly]Ooohh[/girly] never knew that :)

A few people know about this one but.. there is actually a secret drinks holder in the Corrado. Pull the ash tray out of the rear of the centre tunnel and you'll find you can quite easily store a McDonalds or similar beverage holder without any spilling :)

i did that yesturday when me and this bird that stopped at mine sat nite went for a hangover macy d's special, works a treat haha

i did that yesturday when me and this bird that stopped at mine sat nite went for a hangover macy d's special, works a treat haha

Class all the way ;-)

A night of romance and breakfast afterwards? What a gentleman. :)

A night of romance and breakfast afterwards? What a gentleman. :)

what can i say im just a charming young guy haha,

And another top tip of the rado ive noticed is.. if you get a lass in the passenger seat and put it all the way back. Get her to put her legs on ya shoulders and it makes for the best car sex position EVER... hahahaha i have the high heel marks in the roof to prove it ;) lol

what can i say im just a charming young guy haha,

And another top tip of the rado ive noticed is.. if you get a lass in the passenger seat and put it all the way back. Get her to put her legs on ya shoulders and it makes for the best car sex position EVER... hahahaha i have the high heel marks in the roof to prove it ;) lol

Aren't you selling your car? lol :D

LOL!!!

Probably one that everyone knows is when turning on the car, press and hold the mfa down then turn the ignition, et voila! secret mfa with constantly updating mpg.

Edited by swiftkid

shhhhhh its ok man, when ya driving ya sit in the drivers seat ;) hahaha, although it would make possibly the best jeremy kyle ever in history if ya girfriend got pregnant off sitting on my old car seat, lol what goes through my head worries me sometimes :)

Is there any way to have both the one touch window and full closure (inc sunroof)?

I have the one touch window and central locking with de-locked handles, The alarm does total closure but there is a red wire coming from the car that has no where to go.... A bit worried about just throwing a live current down it though!

Never had the need for the secret cup holder.....one of the previous owners fitted this in mine which doesn't look too bad.

PA140102.jpg

PA140101.jpg

Never had the need for the secret cup holder.....one of the previous owners fitted this in mine which doesn't look too bad.

PA140102.jpg

PA140101.jpg

Show off

Thats the B3 Passat item if I am not mistaken..

If you have genuine fit electric windows, not all UK 'rados did, then the control module is the brain for both the central locking and the windows/sunroof.

As I said originally, if your windows one touch down on both driver and passenger and one touch up on the driver then you will not have any form of closure on the sunroof. If your windows one touch down on both sides but not up then you will have sunroof closure.

As for getting full closure inc sunroof on a car without that option I don't know - depends on the alarm fitted and you would need to get the alarm to understand where the sunroof was to send the correct close pulse - tilted or fully back.

Not on the earlies my friend, unless you retrofit Relay #99.