sexybourbon

Redbourbons vr6 With extra grunt :)

Cheers chaps , they do have a few bits in from dust in the garage but it cant be helped , you wont see it wen its on the car

Mic it was supposed to be more of a dark bronze but its hard to chiose a colour of a a4 sheet filled with about 150 different shades lol , still i dont mine them , tyres are getting fitted saturday

Right its about time im allowed to post this up and say , finally !! The 312 brakes are on !!

Had some time free at weekend and got cracking on with the brakes on friday afternoon , i swapped the fronts over and fitted the braided lines to tue fronts and called it a day

Saturday i came back and started the rears , in the end i had to take off the rear calipers to get the old flexi line off as the free spinning nut on the hard line had seized ( both sides ) so had to spin the caliper round and round to get it of

I have the calipers a good wire brush up aswell and an oil while i was there to hopefully stop any seizing

Changing the lines for the braided ones that was under the car was an absolute tosser of a job especially the pass side with the bias valve thing there as i couldnt get in at it to get it undone

After a few hours i got them on and started bleeding the brakes but was really struggling getting a peddle back , after bleeding the full car about 4 times and still no pedal i was baffled so asked a friend of my dads whos a mechanic to take a look and after looking over the car for 15 mins he noticed the bleed nipples on the front calipers was at the bottom !! Thus trapping lots of air at the tops of the calipers

This is something i would have never even thought of if it wasnt for him so i owe him a beer

After swapping the callipers over to opposite sides of the car so the bleed nipples was now at the top i rebled the system again and straight away had a oretty good pedal , rebled once more and checked for any leaks and got the wheels back on

Couple of pics with the new wheels and brakes fitted , im glad all the big jobs are done for this year just before winter sets in

Did they sort the issue with bolts then Matt? I'm ordering some lines next pay day, and I've heard a few people saying lately that they were sent the wrong bolts. I'm thinking of going for the black sleeve too to keep it a bit more OE looking, and its a couple of weeks wait for manufacture so I'm expecting them to cock it up somehow, which obviously doesn't give me much confidence in them as a whole.........

Yea i know fuzz wat a joke at least there on now , cheers fellas thanks for the comments

Sean i got sorted in the end , i got the caliper and used a tap to figure out exactly what size banjo bolt i needed then rang them and told them , instead of them messing up sending wrong stuff again , i like the look of the braided lines they look nice and fresh

Id ring them up and ask them exactly what you need then double make sure before you order from them , apart from the banjo bolt muck up im very happy up to now with the lines mate

THIS IS MORE LIKE IT!!!!!

haha, this is more like the thread i expected, i did wonder why your corrado ownership was so inactive. Maybe change the link in your signature to the car you actually own? :bonk: love all of your mods though, what you have done and your attention to detail.

So carrying on our previous conversation, i may have missed it in the build, but am i right in thinking you are still yet to do the fanimold? and 263's as well? both those i would do prior to charging! are you thinking of coming on the RR day at stealth? if so ill be happy to take you for the quick blast so u can get an idea weather the charger is what you want or not. As you may or may not of read mine cost me the best part of 4k in the end so its something you really do want to be sure of before you buy one haha.

Its golden isnt it chris :)haha , ron yea we do mate was great last time exept for the cold and the rain and the jump starting in the snow haha , was a good laugh tho

Tbh ej i was in two minds about a six branch as id been told that you dont really gain much from them and that they drone abit , thinking about it now though god knows why i was bothered about it droning when its already so loud so i might look in to one

Basically though i think my plan is to get it handling and stopping properly then add the power so i still need to do the antiroll bars and front wishbones and rear beam bushes !

After that i could see some cams go in and then start thinking of saving for a charger !

Ill deffo take you up on the offer of a quik spin though mate , never felt a charged vr before so will be good to see the difference

Cheers for the comments as well mate

Its golden isnt it chris :)haha , ron yea we do mate was great last time exept for the cold and the rain and the jump starting in the snow haha , was a good laugh tho

Tbh ej i was in two minds about a six branch as id been told that you dont really gain much from them and that they drone abit , thinking about it now though god knows why i was bothered about it droning when its already so loud so i might look in to one

Basically though i think my plan is to get it handling and stopping properly then add the power so i still need to do the antiroll bars and front wishbones and rear beam bushes !

After that i could see some cams go in and then start thinking of saving for a charger !

Ill deffo take you up on the offer of a quik spin though mate , never felt a charged vr before so will be good to see the difference

Cheers for the comments as well mate

A pleasure bro, I like the approach your taking, on the handling side of things, i always go on about how sick the KW V2's are, they changed the car, yes there the best part of 1k, but so worth it. also doing the full poly kit replacing all the CV boots sub frame, top mounts (the lot) just tightened it up so much. decent tyres are also something that often get over shadowed. And mines already got cams and full SS system so will be a good example of the potential of yours. i just hope it doesnt all go bang haha

A pleasure bro, I like the approach your taking, on the handling side of things, i always go on about how sick the KW V2's are, they changed the car, yes there the best part of 1k, but so worth it. also doing the full poly kit replacing all the CV boots sub frame, top mounts (the lot) just tightened it up so much. decent tyres are also something that often get over shadowed. And mines already got cams and full SS system so will be a good example of the potential of yours. i just hope it doesnt all go bang haha

Cheers man , yea i suppose its all got to be right before you go smashing loads of power through the car , did you go for the full poly bush kit as i wasa bit worried that the ride would be to hard , i know for a fact that the rear beam bushes are totally shot so they need replacing i just have to decide weather to polybush or not , the coilovers are under six months old so i wont be changing them but they do the job and they are the weitec hicon gt so not a bog basic setup , they did ok at castle combe i know that !!

Tyres are brand new aswell they have just gone on lol there more wet weather tyres but coming up to winter and mine being a daily means thats the best option lol

You got me thinking about a manifold now ! Maybe it will help with my mission to find the best sound i can get out of a vr6 lol

Im sure it wont pop mate the work your car gets should keep it safe you must have deep pockets lol or be real good friends with the banker

Need to update this as a few things have changed

Firstly the brakes have now bedded in and i must say they are pretty damn good , they reall dig in when there hot

So for anyone wanting good stoppers these really are quality

Changed the wiper bladed the other day and had a nice suprise to find that a previouse owner had upgraded to lupo wipers so that saved me some cash on having to do them in the future

My loom turned up from reyneautomotive , super bice chaps and the loom looks real nicely made and a good price too

ade5e3ub.jpg

Then i went and picked these up from vw

hahyta8a.jpg

And then friday / saturday i fitted the shrick i won on ebay of beasty , top bloke and very helpfull i couldnt of asked to buy it of a better bloke , it came with spare gaskets , fitting instrucions and all pipe work and its only got about 2000 miles on it

4eja2ype.jpg

qejere3y.jpg

Really happy with it i have to say , and i finally conquered my electrical fears as my mechanic couldnt make it to my house so i had to do it , all went well and the car really pulls now im looking forward to stealth now to see what its making

Iv also do e the gearbox mound wich was absolutely shafted , gear change is miles better now no more ragging it in to second anymore :)

Just need to tidy up the bat now and make some adjustments , if anyone else has fitted a shrick how close are your fans to the manifold as mine sits really close

Good work Matt, just couldn't keep it quiet then eh!!!!!

You'll have to fetch it down and take me for a spin, does it need a remap?

Look's nice Matt be interesting to see what sort of figure's you achieve at stealth. Keep up the good work :thumbleft: