Tempest

National Day 2012: Sunday 20 May: Brooklands

Amazing turnout and great to see so many in one place. The weather held for us, and we got up on the banking, yay. First of what I should think will be many shots from everyone.

Edited by JMC

Great turnout, had an excellent day, special thanks to everyone who organised the event and got us all onto the banked section was a great sight to see!

Great day, superb conversation, top location, a big thanks to everyone who helped organise this

52848bb9-0765-9cbe.jpg

That's a great shot Jonathan! I'm looking to put a shot like this on my wall. Might you be able to send me a high res version?

I have to say that it really was a great day, made all the more memorable by the fantastic location. It was especially good for those of us with kids as we could keep them entertained in the rest of the museum. When we lined up on the bank I was genuinely shocked just how many people had turned up. I counted 53 cars at that point which, considering the weather was mediocre and it would have been a long drive for many, is really great. Many thanks to all those who helped organise it :thumbleft:

Parked up...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63125[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63129[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63133[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63137[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63141[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63145[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63149[/ATTACH]

Show and shine winner :thumbleft:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63153[/ATTACH]

Some shots of the bank and views before the COrrado's descended...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63157[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63161[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63165[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63169[/ATTACH]

Queuing up to park on the bank...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63173[/ATTACH]

Carrado's for miles to see...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63177[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63181[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63185[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63189[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63193[/ATTACH]

The money shot...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63197[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63201[/ATTACH]

Massive thank you to the CCGB team for organising this totally brilliant national club day! Your hard work was so worthwhile, and completely appreciated. Prayers were answered and the rain stayed away, and we got to take our Corrados onto the historic Brooklands banked circuit. This is such a magical venue, the essence of Motorsport itself oozes out of the fabric, from which it formed. I think the sheer number of photos taken will stand as testimony of how special an occasion this was. If you own a Corrado and missed today's meet, then you truly missed out. Great to meet old friends and make new, furthermore to whiteness the largest number of Corrados I have ever witnessed. CCGB delivered today, Brill!56ae6899-166b-1ea3.jpg56ae6899-1699-b0a5.jpg

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?w4pc0g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super day and "here here" to the organisers.

I did have a spine tingling feeling how that circuit used to be and for a moment went back in time seeing the classic cars racing. There was some footage on TV last night.

Always great to put names to faces, hope to see you all again soon. I'm definitely more motivated and have come away realising I'm quite normal with my passion for Corrados.

Really liked Dave's engine bay and felt the winner was deserved as it looked first class.

Excellent day out! Was fantastic to see so many Corrado's and their owners and just thanking the stars that the weather behaved so we could all get up there! Kicking myself I didn't bring the Corrado now really but that's life!

Thanks to the rest of the committee who actually did the work organising this, and thanks to all of you who actually came along :) And great to catch up with all the usual suspects and meet a few new folks :)

Was a great day. Huuuuge thanks to everyone who organised this- especially Eric (Tempest), who did a fantastic job.

Brilliant turnout and some stunning cars on show. Good to see all the variations represented. The two winners were completely deserving- well done Darren and Dave 8)

The embankment really put the icing on the cake :)

The pootles there and back were great fun! 8)

Edited by CazzaVR

Had a superb day today,thanks to everyone who organised today & made it such a success.Thinking where in house to display award for 1st place in show & shine.

Thankyou to all who voted for my car.Very chuffed! :-) Daren

What a great day, well done to the CCGB for organising this. Top job.

Being able to park on the banked track was something else.

Only pic I took on my phone, will post the others why my mates gets them off his camera for me

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63205[/ATTACH]

What a great day, well done to all who put this together and made it work, was nice to actually put some names to faces and cars,

I'd like to echo the sentiments of others. Really good to see so many cars there and to meet so many people.

Well done committee!

Good to see four reds and four whites amongst the blues greens blacks and blackberries.

Even saw the Nugget (G???UGU) from round the corner from my parents.

Just a couple of shots from today. Some a bit different than those already posted.

And ending with a little something we couldn't help but pass (cause it was in the inside lane...) on the way home.

GREAT day out. Many thanks to everyone who came especially those with a long long drive..... I am so glad to be home (and many thanks to Mark DJMAC56 & Fiona for putting us up last night)

This meet looked awesome... sold my VR two weeks to early by all accounts. The photos of the corrado's on the bank is awesome. I imagine they will adorn a few computer screens as a wallpaper. I'm glad the weather held off for you all!

Aw, after seeing those amazing photos I feel even more gutted about not being there! Could have provided that elusive silver one, too :(

Thanks to all that organized and those whom attended the event to make it a great day, nice to put some names to faces.

Matt

was a really really good day today, some stunning cars on show and just a great atmosphere, probably the best corrado gathering i have ever been to.

arent we a nice group of people.

I'll take this opportunity to say a massive thanks to all the committee members who made today such a momentous occasion. it takes a lot of effort from a few people to make such an event happen and all we require in return is for you to show support and turn up and enjoy the day.

That is the sole reason of what the club is all about so thanks to all who travelled from near & far to make today such a huge success, i'm sure it'll be remembered for many many years to come.

As ever i never get the chance to meet everyone who goes and i especially like to meet up and have a few mins chat to folk i haven't met before so nice to have met a few new faces today & hope to meet some more of you again soon.

Kip :)

Edited by KIPVW

This is the third National Day I've attended and has been the best to date.

Historic location, great turnout, fun convoy down and a slightly more sedate convoy home.

As many have already said, massive thanks to the organisers and CCGB committee, epic day out!

Some pic's from the day.