Anton Sobriquet

Lamin-x headlight protectors - which tint?

Time to get lamin-x protectors now my fogs are both cracked...

Can't decide whether to try subtle or smoked tint or just get clear. Anyone got them? Need to know whether the smoked would reduce the light output much?

Any help in being more decisive appreciated.

I'm having the same debate, I know that doesn't help but I think I'm gonna go with the subtle tint, from some of the pics on their site they look pretty good

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

5adaafad-b847-8771.jpgI toyed with the idea of tinting mine,in fact I did do one ! Then decided not to,

I've got one pic with it half done in subtle tint

I used the subtle tint on my headlights, front fogs and indicators. Still looks nicely smoked, but does not reduce light output significantly, especially with updated headlight loom and Osram nightbreakers.

At the same time I painted the flat parts around the headlight reflectors a silk black, which adds a certain mean look to the front end.

I have gunsmoke on the front of mine, all the lights.........not sure what light is getting through, must be ok though as its passed a couple of MOT's like it :cool:

1c15e9f1.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

I've bought a load of gunsmoke to do the headlights and rears, just haven't got round to it yet. I've had my fogs/indicators done for some time and think it looks pretty sweet!

[ATTACH]60121[/ATTACH]

First picture I have uploaded, so hope this works. As you can see it is a reasonably subtle tint, but I like it.

If you're anal about headlamp output use the blue tint as it 'whitens' up the light, looks different too!! I used that on the headlamps and subtle tint on the indicators n fogs

oooh me like

wasnt going to mod my car much but may have to do this

i've used a blue lamin-x on my headlights, hasnt reduced light output to any discernable degree.

If you're anal about headlamp output use the blue tint as it 'whitens' up the light, looks different too!! I used that on the headlamps and subtle tint on the indicators n fogs

Colin,

Have you any pics ?

I'll try to put some pics up of the clear lamin x , it protects the lights as well as making the headlamps look newer

Can any Lamin-X users comment on it's effectiveness against stone chips? Also, does it come off without wrecking the lights? Obviously you dont want it coming off too easily, but then you don't want it sticking so hard you wreck the surface of the lights if you ever want to get it off...

Mark

I think if you mean you put it on and you decide that you dont like them, then yes its pretty easy to take off, id heat them up slightly with a hairdryer or such like and they wont leave a residue. Once theyre on, they do not peel off easily unless you want to as above by heating the film. Ive had them on my Golf Mk2 at the front, plus the Passat and now the cupra and its never come away or peeled off. Its a bloomin good product, like everything if you get the surfaces clean and do the prep properly its absolutely spot on.

Sorry for the delay Dragon Green - this is by phone and the sunny weather washes out the tints a bit but not loads..

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64349[/ATTACH]

........ and the headlamps mid tint.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64353[/ATTACH]