Harrier

C11 VRG / Sold,new year/new C !!

abahamuq.jpgcollected these lovelies today!

I so wanted these, they are gorgeous. I remember seeing these for sale, cannot wait till there on the car, they look amazing on the car

WOW!!!! They look even better then I thought they would. They really suit the colour!!

I so wanted these, they are gorgeous. I remember seeing these for sale, cannot wait till there on the car, they look amazing on the car

Hi Bobby, they are fantastic wheels and probably one of the best sets out there but never been up for sale anywhere.

esumu9a6.jpgmy7uma4u.jpg

Well, after the joy of fitting the new wheels last week & having the last drive before sorning on Friday I have got stuck into sorting the sticking sunroof,not a job I've been looking forward to, but got it out fairly quickly.

Will strip it down this week & see what I can do with it. Also didn't realise how dirty my roof lining is so will have to get that cleaned up somehow.

Harrier, they look bloody brilliant on your car. You must be very chuffed.

Hope you've had stern words with yourself to stay away from those kerbs!

Been a while since last update so here goes :

haven't done a great deal to the car since November apart from overhaul the sunroof & fit another motor & now its all working well again.

Car unfortunately had to have the front wing painted & dent removed from the bonnet after my sons bike fell on it :censored: but its all good again now.

I had an opportunity to join the VR6OC at Ultimate Dubs so 2 weeks before the show went for it & taxed the car ,gave it an oil change & a good clean up.I had a great weekend & it was a privilege to have my car on display with so many fabulous machines.

Only downside apart from being exhausted today is that i noticed an oily film on rear bumper at the show & after a check today found i have an oil leak from the crankshaft oil seal.

Luckily the front seal so not a big job to sort so will get that done soon & will be looking forward to more shows.Stanford Hall is next on the agenda 8)

beautiful car. Fits in perfectly in those pics!

crank seal is a gearbox off job i'm afraid :(

Rear seal is gearbox off. Fronts just aux belt and pulley off afaik.

Absolutely stunning car, looking forward to seeing it outdoors - hopefully in sunshine! Nice to meet you too Harrier ;)

Car looked great at the weekend.. the colours in the paint looked lovely and i can imagine look even better in the sunshine...

Thanks guys ,

I thought the paint shone really well under the artificial light though it also made any imperfections stand out .You realise how good the paint is on the concourse cars is when it looks faultless under that light

Car looks spot on Darren, my 2 favourite wheels on that second picture, RS's and RH ZW1's.

Thanks guys ,

I thought the paint shone really well under the artificial light though it also made any imperfections stand out .You realise how good the paint is on the concourse cars is when it looks faultless under that light

I think it takes an owner to spot the kind of imperfections you're talking of!

Really surprised to see you car for sale Darren! I never suspected you would want to sell up, what are you honking of getting?

Lovely looking car , great example . I had a look round this at Volksfest this year , those seats are fantastic . The body work was twinkling in the bright sunlight , as were the wheels .

Hi Chris,yes it's been a tough call to make but been on my mind for the last year or so.Fitting the 301's did give me a boost of enthusiasm for the car but i think this is the right decision now.13 years with this car & 2 with my G60 is a pretty good run i think!

It would be nice to lock it away somewhere & come back to it after a while but that unfortunately isn't practical.

I could really regret this but i'm willing to take a chance.If i miss it too much i can always get another in the future.

The Corrado's have been a total pleasure to own (mostly)! & iv'e met a lot of great people & made some friends & will continue getting to a few shows & meets in the future.

Anyway ,who knows how long it will take to sell ? I'm still booked on the clubstand at London Volksfest in a couple of weeks & will continue to enjoy the car.

A worthy replacement ? not completely sure but iv'e hankered after an e46 M3 for a while but a little worried it wouldn't look special enough,

A 911 (997) definitely ticks the special box but iv'e read some horror stories of engine failures which worry me a little

TVR Cerbera & Tuscans really appeal but that could just be madness !!!

Opinions welcome !

This could all be a long way off but will be sure to let you all know anyway.

Really surprised to see you're selling but I can understand your reasons. You've had a good innings! Whoever buys this will have one of the best corrados in the country, no doubt about it - one of my favourites!

Loads of cars have horror stories - even the heater matrix blowing, oval boring, footwell leaking and sunroof tilting VR6! Any of the above cars you mentioned would do nicely...

Hmm, had the same thoughts, but decided to keep the Corrado G60, and went out and bought a Esprit Turbo SE. Really fast car and much more exotic than a Porsche, though I did think of going 911 from 1982 with wide body for some years. The Esprit drives so much better, and cheap parts (more or less). So my Corrado G60 is the car that makes a cheaper Insurance on the Esprit, though none will ever bea daily driver. I use a bicycle ;)

Keep it, I'd say.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Edited by Redfox

Quite surprised and sad to see you selling. But understandable after such a long time. I hope you have an easy sale. For anyone looking for a Corrado this really is one of the best.