Goldie

Goldies 94 VR6… New Daily...

How funny... I was thinking about treating myself to a Nakamichi earlier today! Sounds like you're paying as much attention to detail with this one as with your last. Good work

How funny... I was thinking about treating myself to a Nakamichi earlier today! Sounds like you're paying as much attention to detail with this one as with your last. Good work

They are available via US ebay Fay, i couldnt find a new one here..

Still lots more id like to do and id like to attend some shows, this year isn't going to favourable though unfortunately...

Productive day today...

Finally managed to get the underside of the bonnet to the standard i wanted so have fitted the new foam and catch...

Old and new catch..

P1000147_zpsc4ac9fa3.jpg

Underside of the bonnet now..

P1000148_zps9c89f12d.jpg

Gave the car a good wash and polish as it was a nice day.. Polish seemed very smeary today for some reason, anyone else had this?

Here are a couple of pictures before it went back to bed....

P1000149_zps3715c701.jpg

P1000151_zps044dd27c.jpg

Edited by Goldie

Appreciate the feedback, applied another coat of polish today and same again, smeary. Im a bit confused.. The finish at the end is great but it just doesnt seem right.. I dont know whether it is because its late in the day and its condensation.. Any ideas??

National day. nope, had hope to but work won't allow, im very disappointed..

Drive, im moving next month so not to worry...

I was a valeting company owner for a few years mate too old for it now tho :lol: still know the little trick's

Big thanks to lillfuzzer for sorting me out with some alarm hole less a pillar trims which i fitted a couple of days ago. After purchasing the most over priced piece of round paper (tax disc) and as the weather has been so good i thought it as good a time as any to take it for a spin..

I enjoyed every single mile, although i havent got the cams in yet the remap has sharpened things up very nicely. These cars just feel so right, like a worn in pair of slippers..

Really wanted to make sure everything was ok as there is a big drive early Saturday to Ultimate Dubs.. Hope to see some familiar faces and cars there...

Edited by Goldie

No worries mate shame I am not going to see it at Elsecar but sure I'll see it through the year somewhere

enjopy UD

Here are a few pictures of the car at UD at the weekend.. Great weekend, long journey though from Glasgow and snow in both directions not ideal. Ended up doing about 6 hours of cleaning on arrival, mad when the car was spotless at the beginning of the journey... Car washing facilities left a bit to be desired, some hot water would have been nice!!

Anyway, so here it is taking shape..

P1000175_zps77f9ba74.jpg

P1000185_zps05cd932b.jpg

And the finished article..

P1000650_zps4ab17f6b.jpg

P1000244_zps574cc32f.jpg

Lady at the Shell said she was sick of the sight of VWs...

P1000675_zps7adbf9ac.jpg

P1000677_zpscba14c51.jpg

Wheels off for cleaning and arch tickling.. Have spent another 6 hours today getting it all nice again..

P1000681_zpsbc077969.jpg

P1000682_zps75f97a3b.jpg

Congrats on the trophy ! Car looks ace. I've got a 4hr drive to Elsecar soon, furthest i have travelled to a show & i'm hoping weather improves somewhat or could be into some more serious cleaning.Its spotless now !

Thanks very much, i was very hoping and was booked into to come to Elsecar but work has spoken...