Goldie

Goldies 94 VR6… New Daily...

My old Aqua Blue, how about powdercoating just slightly darker, make them stand out

Edited by BILLCOR

For what it's worth too much of a bright or polished look on this car seems to flatten the look of the paint in comparison a slightly darker more conservative finish helps the paint pop

I think that why the MOs work so well, they are the same colour as the Satin paintwork on the lower sections of the car (i.e. with the floor reflecting up), if that makes sense..

The RCs haven't arrived yet, I'm feeling though i might see if he can colour match the MOs and therefore only need 2 of them refurbed and have the RCs done the same colour, ok not the cheapest option but that way they have the same darker wheel effect with fresh centres, new centre badges etc.

Your old one looked great on them Bill and was part of what made me want to give them a try. I had a look at MoonlightVR (Asims) old car and it looked unreal on the RCs..

I have an appointment with that seized bolt shortly, i hope i win this time...

Mo colour sounds like a plan Michael,just enough to take the brightness out of them, I assume your getting the centres done to match, not new ones?

Ill probably use the existing centres although if new ones are needed then they'll end up on the shopping list.. Badges seem to be only available in carbon with silver lettering which i think will do nicely…

They look nice Graeme, have you used any spacers?

No spacers. I actually think that the chrome centre caps are the best but good luck finding a set of those. Ive actually gone with VW centre badges.

The wheels are coming with the chrome ones, they are nice and do look very clean in the pictures I've seen..

Few more pictures..

Damage on the wheel…minor but enough to need sorting..

P1010407_zps21b85c33.jpg

Some more of the wiring, its difficult to get decent pictures of this and i wish id taken some before id started.

P1010408_zps56b19927.jpg

P1010411_zpsb8b5de1b.jpg

This linkage is connected on to the gear selector cables and when i undid the nut securing it this happened. No ideal, fortunately still available from the dealer, nice new one waiting to go on..

P1010414_zps9e6bd4dd.jpg

Thought I'd check up on the old Corrado scene after parting company with my mine nearly 4 years ago now and came across your thread Goldie. I must say you really have outdone yourself mate, I knew from your Storm how high your standards are but honestly this must be one the top Corrado's ever. And I'm sure it'll only get better with all the time off you'll get at SMQ lol

Hi All

One word WOW. Puts my (daily driver) Corrado to shame, and really sets a bench mark for any potential show stopper out there.

Also having seen the pictures of your car with the side protective mouldings in place, makes me realize how much nicer it looks(IMO).

My to do list is even bigger.

Thanks for sharing

Steve

Thanks very much gents, I'm the first to say though there are better ones out there..

Ive had a mixed day with the car today..

Cant remove the last bolt on the front mount bracket and I've tried every trick in the book so ill concede for now and when it goes in for service ill give them the bracket and new bolts and ask them to sort it, I'm hoping they can get the thing off..

On a plus side though i had another visit to the scrapyard, some vacuum connections, both side air guides (splitter bits), drivers side door trim and a load of clips = a tenner.. The scrap man was obviously feeling generous today.. The drivers side air guide was literally in the mud so i had to cut the wheel arch liner to get it off.. The joys of scrapyard visits

What scrapyard is it you visit Michael? Or are you keeping that one to yourself :lol: , only asking as i never seem to find a corrado in one :)

Can't believe the only comment I've left on this thread is 'nice garage!'.

I've just read it from start to finish and I've got to say well done.

You've taken a very very clean car, and gone to the next level with it. It's really good to see how almost every part you've purchased has been from the dealer to maintain a very OE feel to the car. It really is something which people should take inspiration from, and realise that with a very few choice mods, they can look as good as this. It's certainly something I want to achieve with mine, however in reality it's unlikely. Top work sir, please continue! :thumbleft:

I really do appreciate the feedback, thank you..

I have started with an unbelievably good car that didn't really "need" anything and that is such a good position to be in. This car will never be radically modified, it just doesn't need it..

OE parts with some improvements is the way ahead but it is a challenge, i spend hours looking for bits, part numbers and have a very good and patient parts man at my local dealers.

Today i trial fitted the starter but getting the bolts to line up, well they don't so its going to need some persuasion. Here a picture of it in place, it looks nice and will look good once all the cabling is sorted and routed correctly.

P1010421_zps2acc8b44.jpg

VW heritage came up trumps with my second arrival from them so have new 2 out of 3 scuttle trims and 1 mint used plus all clips new. Ill do this next. I also got a new radiator cover with new stickers..

P1010417_zps0c1279aa.jpg

Finally here are the air duct things, not perfect but with the screw holes are intact. Some scuffing but that is to be expected. Im only really putting these as I've cleaned the area directly above them and this is to offer some protection. On my old one i took them off after the drivers side was fed to the aux belt..

Ive had to saw off some of the clips, fortunately clips and screws available from the dealers and should be here tomorrow..

P1010418_zps7ac496a6.jpg

Thanks Michael, at least I know know exactly where the headlight angle sticker goes!!

So many wires under the bonnet its so difficult I think to get it looking really neat and tidy, your doing a great job though.

When did you order the parts from Heritage Michael? Reason i asked is i ordered before christmas and order processed on the 2nd Jan (prob due to holidays) just wondered what the lead time is on stuff ordered from classic parts via vw heritage.

The gearbox/engine has prob moved slightly when you removed the starter so you'll need to use a jack under the gearbox/engine to get it all to line up again. Dont remember having trouble myself but did read that some people had problems. Looking good though fella

The wiring for the fan has been modified so is a bit different. Its sat where it is in the picture to allow access to the bolts. It will sit further down over the top of the starter. The sticker i checked against yours Chris and a few others..

I ordered the bits about the beginning of December and i got some stuff before christmas and the others today..

It is a struggle lining it all up and it will have to come off again when it gets to a garage but thats all part of the fun...