Johnny H

Falling out of love with the Corrado.

Does anyone else feel they are falling out of love with there Corrado?

Maybe it's just the bad weather and you can't get out to clean and love it or maybe it's just something of nothing.

But sometime I feel like saying sod it maybe I should sell up and move on.

When I do think that there's a part of me saying " don't be so silly" and it right I really don't want to sell, I've got some really big ideas for her.

Does anyone else feel like this sometimes??

Thanks Johnny

Yep! I know exactly how you feel. It's only the knowledge that my car is barely worth selling as Corrado values are so poop that is making me hang onto it.

Ive kinda got that feeling at the minute , not even been on here for about a month. Been looking at 20v passat estates , golfs and 4motions. Dont know why because ive never been as exited about picking a car up for the first time as i was when i bought the corrado. Must be the weather i hope.

yep, i have a serious caddy hankering at present.

don't worry, the rado apathy will pass and the love will return.

Sometimes. But then I think about what I could realistically afford to have instead. It would be as equally old and/or broken and not be as good in looks, noise or anything.

Sent from my HTC One X

Yep - downside is feeling like you're just waiting for the next thing to go wrong...

But then what else that's in anyway affordable would you prefer to have? Could have had a lot of other cars for the money I've spent on the Corrado but don't think I'd have done it any other way.....

I've been thinking that but today I made the effort to wash it and it always makes me smile when I chamois it off and it's gleaming from all those layers of wax :) It was literally caked in crap then....BAM...super shiny. I think to be honest most other cars in the same price bracket are just as likely to go wrong and a whole lot less interesting.

I'm the opposite, i feel like i'll never get rid of it. Every time i go out in it i have a silly smile on my face, great to drive, sounds superb and looks so much better than the boxes that are out there just now. Plus as Jim says, the values are so low at the moment that its just not worth it to sell. My Corrado is not a pristine example or even close to it, but its mine and it owes me nothing 8)

I too have fallen out of love with the corrado again!! After 11 years of ownership and going just about as far as i can with it other than a full respray which it doesnt really need! I dont have much time these days to drive it and its in bits again in the garage wanting the tracking and camber sorted and its covered in dust, depressing to look at! Moneys tight at the moment for me too with work in the construction industry being slow and having to spend on the TT tyres all round and a few other bits and a thirsty pick up to fuel and trying to do some work on my house it just gets to the point where you think whats the point!! Worse still i have a mate who is willing to pay me more for my corrado than i could ever dream of selling it privately, But the mrs and my son wont let me sell it.....

Worse still i have a mate who is willing to pay me more for my corrado than i could ever dream of selling it privately, But the mrs and my son wont let me sell it.....

I'm sure there's not many guys out thinking about selling their Corrado's but their other half is not letting them do it! :)

I'm sure there's not many guys out thinking about selling their Corrado's but their other half is not letting them do it! :)

Ha ha, Honest she goes off on one every time i mention it

The missus is virtually begging me to sell mine and get an Audi A4 Estate instead! Despite having comfy Audi TT seats in my C it isn't as comfortable or as smooth or as quiet as an A4 apparently... Women.

Women indeed! Sold mine yesterday without telling the Mrs and then she had a moan at me for not telling her, having previously showed absolutely zero interest in it and constantly shrieking at me to slow down! I thought she'd be pleased it went :lol:

So now I am tooling around in my Dad's Alfa 147 for a while. Talk about jumping out of the reliability pan into the fire :D First issue - OSR sidelight bulb stays on permanently, which drains the battery. The fix? A new 'Body Control' computer :roll:

What ever my next car will be, I will do my best to avoid something modern as they are just an electrical pain in the arse.

Sounds like it was an easy sale then Kev - no wonder really! I really hope you buy something utterly ridiculous and left field... keep us updated ;)

The new owner picks it up on Saturday. He seemed very pleased with it during the test drive :D

I have an idea of what I'd like next but I need to get the house sold first!

Johnny, I now exactly what you mean man. I throw way to much money into mine man. and Th only time i get the feeling you describe is when its been of the road for a while, or not able to drive it for ages. its driving the car that makes you love it i think. mines bin of the road for about 6 weeks now having some major work done, then shes out the garage straight into the bodyshop. and im already looking at 944's, i know full well though when i get it back n its all new paintwork and fresh engine ima be LUUUUUUUUURVING it again. just wait till next year. summer show season! thats all that keeps me going!

Hmm, 944s, nice indeed.

Last year when my Mk2 Rocco Storm was giving me a bit of grief, I took the decision to minimise my fleet by 1 car, and to some people's surprise maybe it was the Mk2 Storm Rocco that went, not my Rado.

Stupidly enough the Storm was replaced by a 928, hence the interest in 944s :)

I do find myself also hanging on to my Rado and especially during the months it's SORNed I have thoughts of "What if I sold it?", but once I drive it again, all's well again.

Tempest

Havent washed or polished mine in a while and cant see it getting done anytime soon seen as it'll be off the road as of the end of Oct.

I wont sell it though, id regret it if i did. Besides i still use and enjoy it, at least when the better weather is here.

I'll be feeling the love for mine again, its going to be liking getting a new car again when i 1st drive it.

Will see how long it lasts, not looking forward to problems every couple of months, but hoping i've sorted most of them now, leaving me to just drive it and treat it like a cheap runaround (i don't mean neglect it, but changing the way i feel about it and would rather be getting the use from it then trying to restore it to look like new and be worried about it all the time)

At least i know how it all comes apart now, am sure any issues will seem quite minor to me now.

I'll be feeling the love for mine again, its going to be liking getting a new car again when i 1st drive it.

Will see how long it lasts, not looking forward to problems every couple of months, but hoping i've sorted most of them now, leaving me to just drive it and treat it like a cheap runaround (i don't mean neglect it, but changing the way i feel about it and would rather be getting the use from it then trying to restore it to look like new and be worried about it all the time)

At least i know how it all comes apart now, am sure any issues will seem quite minor to me now.

This is the best way to look at it tbh. IF (big 'if') everything works okay, the Corrado makes a pretty competent winter daily (especially with heated seats :-D ) and is more rugged than people give it credit for. I also find it develops fewer problems being run daily than it does being stored up for a few months.

I feel out of love with my rado! Sold it for peanuts

Then bought a piece of crap mk3 golf vr that is in worse condition that my rado was!

I miss my rado lol

I fell out of love for mine as I never got the time to do anything on it. As Jim says, the values are down and its difficult to get the sort of money you would want for it. So I exchanged mine for labour time from a builder friend to do a load of garden building work plus a smaller cash amount. He's happy with a cheaper car, I'm happy because the car goes to a good home and my mrs is happy as she gets the garden ready for me to put down a fancy new decking. Win, win all round. Oh and I picked up a cheap mk2 to play with as well. Very happy with the outcome.

Yep. Have done on and off for the last few months. Pretty much on the edge of breaking now, I think 1 more thing and thatll be the last straw

I do fall out of love with mine, but not usually for too long.

I am interested in what you all think you are going to get as a replacement that will give you equal fun - for the money ? !!!