joebloggsVR69

Pages being redirected to some other website...?

Yeah I've actually spotted this same complaint on another forum. Again with no real resolution other than it's your fault for using Internet Explorer lol

Was reading this thread and i got shunted to Testables. Strange thing though - i didn't actually

click on anything - it just happened. :confused:

I have the forum in my favorites, and for the first time yesterday i clicked the corrado forum link i've got set up and got directed straight away to another page asking me to fill a survey in again at testables

It's going to be a lot harder to figure out what the problem is if people won't advise what browser they are using ;)

It sounds like a combination of IE, vBulletin and Google Adsense though.

Am just testing out Windows 8 (and the built in browser is IE10) and just got redirected to the other site whilst attempting to read a PM! :| I'm surprised the vBulletin developers haven't said much about this yet as it's clearly some kind of exploit..

I have also had the same issue over the last few days, Win 7 64 bit all updates applied etc.

Main site is ok but I normally click the 'new posts' button next and then its off to an ad site of rubbish.

This has happened to me quite a few times within the last week.

It's just happened again before I managed to get into the forum. I clicked on from a google search and immediately got directed to the survey page shown in the attachment.

I am on windows 7 running IE9

edit. forgot to say I have this morning run a malware scan and also cleared all the crap from my browser using C cleaner

Weird. Never had an issue.

I use both Google Chrome and IE9, although I only use IE9 when I absolutely have to, never visited this place on it. But I'll give it a try and see what happens. Windows 7 64bit.

I have McAfee total protection so hopefully should be ok!

EDIT: Lots of clicking around done on IE9 and nothing happened for me, not to say it's not still IE specific though. Not something to do with the viglink adverts is it?

Edited by Riley

Hi,

I've been running a program which records all my HTTP requests, and have finally had this 'testables' bug happen while recording.

Here's what happens.

This ad:

http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/ads?client=ca-pub-0321829382876906&format=728x90_as&output=html&h=90&w=728&lmt=1352333642&host=pub-2606800903002383&ad_type=text_image&flash=11.2.202.235&url=http%3A%2F%2Fthe-corrado.net%2Fshowthread.php%3F77613-Pic-of-Beetle-alloys-on-rado-will-they-fit-205-55-16&ui=rc%3A6&dt=1352333642917&bpp=3&shv=r20121031&jsv=r20110914&correlator=1352333642982&frm=20&adk=631632059&ga_vid=29901760.1336681289&ga_sid=1352333612&ga_hid=748213643&ga_fc=1&u_tz=0&u_his=0&u_java=1&u_h=1050&u_w=1680&u_ah=1010&u_aw=1680&u_cd=24&u_nplug=0&u_nmime=0&dff=times%20new%20roman&dfs=13&adx=476&ady=280&biw=1680&bih=848&oid=3&ref=http%3A%2F%2Fthe-corrado.net%2Fsearch.php%3Fsearchid%3D2087783&docm=9&fu=0&ifi=1&dtd=104&xpc=u3iq6c1C8U&p=http%3A//the-corrado.net

..redirects to:

http://favozek.info/in.php

..which then redirects to:

http://testables.net/d/juicyru.com

If I cut and paste the HTML source which that original ad URL generates, I get a banner ad for 'brooksrunning.com':

Not sure if this helps, but it's a start.

You're welcome to have the web session that I've saved, if you want to investigate further :)

Excellent, thanks. I've added those two URLs to the block list - so let's see if it still happens....

Or use Tapatalk on your phone, straight to what you want. Lol

Seriously though, not had these problems on my PC, like stated earlier, if you're not already, try using Google Chrome.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

I've just had it again, using I E ??

Theres a Top cash back advert just above current topics on the right hand side, it was blank yesterday, back again today and my first visit was redirected

A quick Google this morning showed a LOT of forums having the same issues currently. All of which use Google Adsense.

It seems to be limited to the image-based ones, so I've changed to text-only for now, and hopefully the redirects should stop from now on.

Though, please, post in here if you get another redirect from this point forward.

Andi, I read this on another forum ... may be worth having a look.

I'm working with a few other affected site owners to try and find the cause.

We think it may be coming from the OpenX Adsense network so we've all blocked that in the Adsense control panel. No reports of reoccurrence yet, so fingers crossed.

Ok, let's give that a go.

OpenX are now disallowed in Adsense, and image adverts turned back on...

Feedback here please :)