Hofmiester

Ron's Blackberry VR6 - A11 VRX - Getting her back on the road

Yes mate, I'm pushed for the space, you know mines a lovely one.... I haven't had any takers yet tho.... Hahahaha only want 2000 for it.

So yeah I might be on that drive..... 096fc3a60c93107ea069308edaac553d.jpg

This has been the only rust on mine since it was new.... got it sorted for MOT. I have all the contacts from the last one and many more....

Yours tho mate is looking amazing now.

Jesus, just realised that I haven't posted for almost a year!

Well, I've basically been busy with other projects and just enjoying the raddo once it was "finished"

I've built an mk2 track car which I hugely under estimated :)

Anyway, few camera phone snaps as the Corrado stands today. Main change has just been the wheels, now on BBS RX226 as the RH ZW1s looked the nuts but needed quite a lot of upkeep and cleaning due to being split rims, I just could not be arsed :)

The ZW1s are for sale!

83a633d357a377ebd2b23cea43fc328a.jpg

878f06dd372042c55549f69ee2701d1d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks chaps, while I was back here to tonight, I re-read the last 4 years of updates in this thread. Soooooo much work has gone into this car.......not to mention the ££££s!

Cheers mate.

Wheels are BBS RX226 which are the golf mk3 anniversary wheels.

Engine hasn't changed much. Shrick VGI, stealth map, BMC, Miltek exhaust.

Nothing too crazy but it drives very well. Got a 16v final drive to go in but have no reason to mess with the car at the moment :)

Jesus, just realised that I haven't posted for almost a year!

Well, I've basically been busy with other projects and just enjoying the raddo once it was "finished"

I've built an mk2 track car which I hugely under estimated :)

Anyway, few camera phone snaps as the Corrado stands today. Main change has just been the wheels, now on BBS RX226 as the RH ZW1s looked the nuts but needed quite a lot of upkeep and cleaning due to being split rims, I just could not be arsed :)

The ZW1s are for sale!

83a633d357a377ebd2b23cea43fc328a.jpg

878f06dd372042c55549f69ee2701d1d.jpg

Gotta love them pics.....blackberry to blackberry

Thanks for the kind words folks. Still loving this car after almost 4 years.

Wheels are 16"s but with 215/40 tyres which I think makes them look bigger. The 17 RH ZW1s looked phat :)

Do you get any sump clearance issues at that height, looks lower than the usual 2 finger gap drop.

288s from an mk3, much better than the 280s as the calliper/pad area is much bigger but they fit even the 15"s

Finally got a new MAF in the car this week and also the decat I bought about 4 years ago fitted.

Can't tell what gains came from which part but it goes like stink now :)

Finally got a new MAF in the car this week and also the decat I bought about 4 years ago fitted.

Can't tell what gains came from which part but it goes like stink now :)

glad you sorted mate

Cheers, it was strange as it ran fine but then I took the battery out to start the golf, put it back and it ran like crap. Erratic idle, misfiring etc

I assumed it was an ECU reset and base settings needed with Vagcom, did that and no joy. Eventually disconnected the MAF and it ran better.

New maf and all good, the battery thing must have just been a coincidence :/

I know exactly what you are saying Ron mine was not starting correctly though was starting left it for a few months when came back to it nothing no spark but noticed the alarm light wasn't illuminating alarm ripped out car started first time that was after me replacing fuel pump with uprated one crank sensor even bought genuine Bosch coil pack fron DTA

It seems I'm not very good at dodging lol they certainly test you nice to see your still about bud. I'll be starting a breaking thread of mine at the wkend moved on to other things so the R32 will be broken

Oh mate, you still not broken it yet? I thought it was long gone by now! PM me a list of bits you have left?

Started but had issues with EJ and with not being totally clued up on what was what with the car and with work and not having time to do. I left it in the hands of a good friend who listed it on my behalf on eBay however some knob jockey's on eBay gave him so much grief he ended the listing which I cannot fault him for doing. I'll be in touch buddy

Heya James, got your PM but can't reply as the forum keeps saying my mail box is full.....even though I've deleted all my **** :/

Done a few bits on the C over the last month that I thought were worth posting.

Firstly, I always thought my corrado felt a bit "flat" below 4K rpm and also idled a bit rough, when compared to my old VR6 circa 2001. I assumed it was me remembering my old car as being better than it was :)

This last month I changed the fuel pump as it was whining, plus I noticed the car felt a lot more lively with over half a talk of fuel, but flat as it got more empty.

After the pump change the car felt a lot better.

Then I changed the MAF as the car was stalling from time to time at the lights.....again, a big improvement and no stalls.

Finally I changed the O2 sensor as I put the decat pipe on that I bought 4 years ago. I couldn't get the old one out of the CAT.........holy crap, car pulls like a train from low down in the revs! .....idle is also rock steady!

With the above 3 items the car feels like it's gained 20bhp!

Edited by Hofmiester