seanl82

Seanl82's ringer Storm

Good things come to those who wait Pat!

In fairness, there's not really much to show what hasn't already been shown. The car is dusty as hell atm so as soon as its all back together, I'll give it a detail, get it MOTd, and take it out for some decent pics. I'm hoping it snows as I've got a Nautical themed picture in my mind in preparation for next years calender!

Sean what sid tpu polish yours with ! Did ypu ise a royary or a n orbital poundndrk ? Iv just got mine back and i used thee m product and it worked goodn

If I'm understanding you correctly Matt, I'll be just giving it a single pass with a rotary using a finishing polish. I've actually got 3M stuff which is exactly what I'll be using actually. It'll be Ultrafina with a blue finishing pad. Paint is still pretty soft, and the hazing I've put on it is only very very light anyway where I've just rubbed off greasy finger prints with a microfibre, but the dust has caused the hazing.

Carpro Cquartz will be sealing it afterward. :cool:

When are you down mate?? A few of us (basically me and Rob) are thinking a little South west Corrado Christmas meet is in order, maybe the day after boxing day.

Rog.

Where abouts area wise are you thinking of Rog?

Need to sort something out still on the moonroof, but happy to store if you're not in the area yet!

Ian.

Ian, if it helps I'm in Bristol 19th-21st, then down in Plymouth where I'll see Rog on the 2nd Jan.

If that works with Roger then it's fine by me, I'm only 30/40 mins or so up the road from Bristol - Perhaps either the Saturday or the Sunday?

Are you OK to get a complete roof assy in the car?

Ian.

That's a good point, I'd not thought about that! Haha! I've got a spare one so I'll check if it fits. Will have the kids in the back so it'll have to go in the boot.

Ian, Rog, sorry I should have thought before opening my mouth. It won't fit in the boot of the car I'm afraid.

Pat, James, sorry to you as well. :rolleyes: I meant to get some photos earlier but completely forgot. I'm next on it on Tuesday at lunch, so I'll grab a few then.

Matt, it's OK I was half cut staying up to watch the boxing so I could understand the lingo! :lol:

Thought I'd pretty much finished so gave it the first wash and protection since paint. :cool:

DSC_0110_zpsuuj6rfl3.jpg

DSC_0109_zpslbwxcs3y.jpgDSC_0111_zps2meb030k.jpgDSC_0112_zpscruixfkh.jpgDSC_0113_zpsdhfnilpp.jpgDSC_0114_zpsljkrp7px.jpgDSC_0115_zpsnwa94z1w.jpgDSC_0116_zpssj0ku63l.jpgDSC_0117_zpsjqolcurm.jpgDSC_0118_zps2szzrcy3.jpgDSC_0119_zpsd489dcdu.jpg

Scuffed my brand new bloody splitter getting onto the ramp before it had even seen a public road. Grrrrr!

Then went took it for a quick spin to make sure everything was OK.

Apparently not! As soon as I passed about 10 mph, the friggin ABS light came on again!

DSC_0120_zpswrudk039.jpg

Is this the one on the servo below the master cylinder, or the one behind the dash?

I have a spare anyway luckily, but busy until after Xmas now so it'll have to wait. Still awaiting my scuttle clips from Classic parts anyway.

This will mean I have replaced the entire ABS loom, the pump, ECU, both rear sensors, and soon the pedal position sensor. The only thing that hasn't been knackered are the two front sensors! :rolleyes:

ABS problems aside Sean, looks great, I've just been out and washed mine and I'm sad to say it's not quite as nice as yours!

I've got a spare master servo with a working sensor if you need one? I'm not going to take the risk and separate the pair though.

Would the servo throw up this fault if it was duff Sean? I have a brand spankers pedal sensor so it should work. Shouldn't take long to fit and test it but I won't get the chance til at least the 27th now.

The servo shouldn't throw up any fault electrically. As far as I'm aware it's just the solder that ages in that switch. A nice new one will cure it.

Where did you find the new switch? I thought they were obsolete now or have you been secret squirreling away on the Internet?

It came up on here a couple of months ago mate. Good price, so I took it! Fingers crossed this is the end of my woes then!

I do have another that came still attached to a second hand servo and lines to the abs pump I bought. I'd imagine it still works as it came from a working system. I'll take mine apart then if it's electrical problems that occur and I should be able to refurbish that one as well. Cheers buddy!

Looks great Sean ,amazing results for all your efforts The splitters are a pain for getting scuffed, really hard to avoid it though.

Thanks all, really happy with it now and can't wait to get out in it!

Sean, I've used it in the past but I've got Carpro Cquartz this time. I've not used it yet as I wanted to give it a finishing polish before applying. Alas, I've run out of time before I want it back on the road, so I've just put some collinite on for the time being until I get a chance. Should be back on it before show time so it'll look it's best then! The exterior plastics have been sealed with Carpro Dlux though so only paintwork needs doing.

I'm looking into replenishing my stock of car cleaning stuff and the gtechniq range has been appealing to me but I was after some real reviews instead of the keyboard warrior brand snobs you get over on detailing world.

Is there a particular reason you moved onto cquartz ?

Not really mate. It's a touch cheaper but that seems to be the only real difference. I was well into detailing in the past, but I've grown tired of spending hours and hours doing it all every 6 months, and waxing every few weeks. I moved onto nanotechnology to ensure I only have to do it every 18 months to 2 years hopefully.

That's exactly the appeal to me. I washed mine earlier and was upset at feeling cold just to make an old car look clean before I drive it 5 miles and it would be back to how it was before I washed it! I'm also convinced the neighbours think I have ocd!