seanl82

Seanl82's ringer Storm

I just have to say your car is a great example, after seeing the link for your rear lights I was intrigued and began reading your entire thread (just finished). Fair play to you for all the time and effort put in to this car:notworthy::thumbleft:

Glad you enjoyed it bud, and thank you very much. It drives me round the bend sometimes, and I've thought about throwing the towel in on more than one occasion. But then I look back at it after a good wash and wax, it absolutely never fails to make me smile. :cool:

It is a good read , I've followed this from the begining .

Great work Sean .

Thanks Rob! :thumbleft:

Attempted to fit the Bilsteins yesterday. No go unfortunately. Need a couple of bits for the rear as I didn't realise the bits on the coilovers were different from the standard setup, which the bilsteins use. (Dust covers, spacers etc). Finally got to the bottom of what suspension is fitted though!

Seller told me they were FK Konigsports, but had my doubts, and assumed he'd thrown me a line and that they were actually cheap non branded ebay specials.

These are what they actually are!

DSC_0265_zpshkqmmvbg.jpg

Not cheap as it happens, but anybody thinking of purchasing them, I'd advise against. As said I thought they were ebay specials. After reading reviews I'm not alone on that. Far too firm for day to day driving, and I can't wait to get rid of em.

Thats me then, Bilsteins will be fitted when I've refurbished/renewed the rest of the running gear. Car will be tucked up in the garage on Thursday for almost a year, after a final spirited drive! :o

Attempted to fit the Bilsteins yesterday. No go unfortunately. Need a couple of bits for the rear as I didn't realise the bits on the coilovers were different from the standard setup, which the bilsteins use. (Dust covers, spacers etc). Finally got to the bottom of what suspension is fitted though!

Seller told me they were FK Konigsports, but had my doubts, and assumed he'd thrown me a line and that they were actually cheap non branded ebay specials.

These are what they actually are!

DSC_0265_zpshkqmmvbg.jpg

Not cheap as it happens, but anybody thinking of purchasing them, I'd advise against. As said I thought they were ebay specials. After reading reviews I'm not alone on that. Far too firm for day to day driving, and I can't wait to get rid of em.

Thats me then, Bilsteins will be fitted when I've refurbished/renewed the rest of the running gear. Car will be tucked up in the garage on Thursday for almost a year, after a final spirited drive! :o

I've got a set of weitecs with stainless bodies boxed in the garage, they've had decent reviews here in the past

I did a quick Google search and others have said they are very firm too. PO said they were damping adjustable but I can see no way of adjusting them so think they are HICON GT. They are way too firm for me tbh, and I'm looking forward to fitting the B12s after having a ride in a VR with them fitted. Difference was night and day!

I did a quick Google search and others have said they are very firm too. PO said they were damping adjustable but I can see no way of adjusting them so think they are HICON GT. They are way too firm for me tbh, and I'm looking forward to fitting the B12s after having a ride in a VR with them fitted. Difference was night and day!

I fitted a weitec kit to my MK3 Golf TDi estate, non height or damping adjustable and with 15 inch Michelins they were a bit soggy TBH, I fitted Toyos and the car rode well for a daily and gripped well too. A front spring broke after 3 years use.

Fair enough then. I just don't like them as they are. Only thing I noticed was that the helper springs are on the bottom rather than top. Pain in the arris getting the fronts back in after checking there was nothing additional I needed for those, as I couldn't get the spring compressors on. A firm push down and the wife putting on the lower nut was needed.

Fair enough then. I just don't like them as they are. Only thing I noticed was that the helper springs are on the bottom rather than top. Pain in the arris getting the fronts back in after checking there was nothing additional I needed for those, as I couldn't get the spring compressors on. A firm push down and the wife putting on the lower nut was needed.

I'm not arguing, your opinions are as valid as anyones :) I had a short ride in Mr Lobitos 4mo engined VR on Koni height adjustables and 17s, it rode better than my standard Vr on 15s or so it seemed at the time.

I lift share with someone with a 60 plate focus ST with bilsteins on 18s, it doesn't crash and bang anything like my MK4 on H and R kit on 16s on the same roads.

I'm in a predicament with mine Sean . I've got Konies fitted , even on the softest setting it's to hard for me . I'm fighting a loosing battle to stop the cabin rattles . I would love a set of shocks that are great for handling but not crashing and banging over lumps n bumps . Or is it just me ? .maybe I should go for a trip out in mine with someone who knows their stuff and see what they think .

Edited by robrado974

I'm in a predicament with mine Sean . I've got Konies fitted , even on the softest setting it's to hard for me . I'm fighting a loosing battle to stop the cabin rattles . I would love a set of shocks that are great for handling but not crashing and banging over lumps n bumps . Or is it just me ? .maybe I should go for a trip out in mine with someone who knows their stuff and see what they think .

On my Mk2 Golf 16v I previously fitted new standard shocks with Eibach lowering springs. It made a world of difference and was a good balance between lowered, handling and a good ride.

Why bye?

I'm off working abroad until December Chuggs. Back in August for a couple of weeks but not sure it'll be worth taxing it for the month just for the sake of it.

Never read your thread before, Sean

Hopefully read it all before your return Christmas! :o

U coming to any CCGB Meets in August then?

U will be greatly missed on here too! :(

All the best!

PS: Any Corrado owners at work then?