seanl82

Seanl82's ringer Storm

Nano Technology - Car cleaning product - had not heard of it and now just googled it - loving the idea!! How hard is it to apply?

As Sean says really. It's incredibly easy to apply. Its worth doing everything you can to get the paintwork perfect before applying as it'll ensure longevity. The products aren't cheap so you don't want it only lasting a matter of a couple of months.

Cheers Matt, not far off yourself now mate!

Nope mines all polished up now , i was supposed to be on it yesterday but i lost my garage keys like a fool haha

The car looks great Sean . I will be looking into the above products in the new year , as mine is in need of a good detail . Shame about the splitter i hope its not to bad mate .

Looks fantastic Sean!! Shame about the splitter, one way to stop it happening is to run standard suspension, you'll never hit anything at that height.

Looks fantastic Sean!! Shame about the splitter, one way to stop it happening is to run standard suspension, you'll never hit anything at that height.

Except low bridges

Having seen Sean's car in the flesh I can vouch for the quality of work which has totally transformed a Corrado which was on the slippery slope of neglect.

It's not particularly low tbh. The support beams on the lift come right to the edge so there's next to no clearance as it goes up on the ramps. Thanks for all the comments again guys, appreciate it!

Rob, that's a bummer mate, sorry to be a jinx!

Doh! I took the ones out of aqua which were perfect, and made some to put in that. I did a good leak test when I washed it and I'm all good thankfully. That was something I was worried about tbh!

Paintwork looks lovely, such a nice colour especially in the sun! I really need to flat my paint back and get the machine polisher on it- I just detest detailing :L Any tips? As you seemingly have it nailed! Haha

Thanks Pat! There's a very informed guide on Detailing World if you're new to it, and well worth a read. All I'll say is that caution is the key if using a rotary. Even the best pro detailers in the world cannot remove every scratch or Mark, as the paintwork if original, just wouldn't be thick enough to allow it. A medium cut diminishing polish with the correct pad would be as far as you'd want to go without fear of striking through. This will take out 90% of swirls and scratches and is enough to give the paint back its gloss. Don't be tempted to stay on the same area trying to get that last mark out either. Watch some guides on you tube to see how quick you should pass, and don't use too much pressure - let the pad and polish do the work.

MOT booked for 1000 on Monday 29th. Fingers crossed the brake pedal position sensor change is the final problem, I'll find out when I fit it on the 28th!

Heritage still have no idea when my scuttle clips are going to arrive. I'll have to put the scuttle on with the few old clips I have and hope it holds, or just run without it and put the wipers on for a short period. Want it done ASAP as hoping to take it to Plymouth just after new year for a little Devon mini-meet!

Thanks Ian. Been about 4 weeks now, they didn't have any idea how long they would be when I phoned Friday so it just a waiting game I suppose.

Pedal position sensor changed, and I now have working ABS for the first time in my ownership! :dance:

Turns out that someone in the past had chopped off the connector for it, and just soldered the bare wires to the pins and stuck a load of silicon sealant in the hole! The sensor is actually good having removed and tested it, one of the soldered wires had just come away. :rolleyes:

Serves me right for taking a short cut when replacing the whole loom. I cut the cables on the N/S above the pump, and soldered the new one on from there. If I'd have tried separating it all going across the bulkhead, I would have seen.

All pre-MOT checks done and all seems well, we'll find out at 10 am tomorrow.....................:help:

I did notice one anomaly today though, my MFA stalk is playing silly buggers. Its stuck on MFA 2, and the button isn't working.

It is however changing function by using the slide switch and pushing to the MFA 1 reset position..........:scratch: