seanl82

Seanl82's ringer Storm

I know mate, I've been wondering if I made the right decision but I've bought them now. I had a ride in somersetdub's VR on the bilstein setup though, and I remember thinking it sat perfectly and the handling was superb. I'll see how I get on with them as I'll have everything ready to fit them (I also bought new lower securing nuts & bolts btw) within a week or so, so I'll get em on sooner rather than later.

Just had an email saying the B12s will be in stock ready to ship on 19th. Boooo!

Picking up front top mounts tomorrow, and rears should be with me in the next couple of days.

Also finally picking up my painted grille tomorrow so I'll bang it straight in and get a phot up.

Looking forward to front end pics Sean . It would have been nice to have a better look around the car at the mini meet , but the weather was so bad !. I didnt want to get it all wet inside !. It does look great though , the paint looks fantastic .

Thanks Rob, likewise mate. I don't know why, I've seen enough of the pics on your gallery thread but I had it in my head your car was aqua blue!! :bonk: DBP is a great colour though, my old valver was this colour but wasn't a patch on yours mate. :thumbleft:

Thanks mate . I managed a good wash on sunday and a coat of wax . Looks so much better now . As i said though , its been four years now, since the new paint and a good detail is needed . Lights removed , grill ect , then a real good going over , then apply that sealant stuff you used .

Got the grille back today. One of the fins has snapped though. Which has ****ed me off a bit.

There was also a blue valver in after some rear end damage as well.

DSC_0157_zpsjgllnbq0.jpg

DSC_0156_zpsvzqammm3.jpg

DSC_0158_zpspaa3sgfo.jpg

Picked up the top mounts and stuff from TPS too. I feel really seen off paying £85 for this little lot. Doesn't even look good quality to me........

DSC_0155_zpstcmwmekz.jpg

Cold and tired, so I may be just being a bit negative and miserable.......... (sigh)

The grill looks nice Sean , when you say one of the fins , which part is that ? ,is it noticable from the exterior ?.

It always makes me wonder how some corrados look great with a painted grille (like yours in this case) but yet some look total crap with a painted grille. I can't pin down what it is.

Dark colours. It just doesn't work on a light coloured (silver, etc) Corrado in my humble opinion!

Cheers chaps. Rob, its one of the thin vertical fins that reinforce the horizontal slats. Its not immediately noticeable, but if looking directly at it, you would see its missing. Finish is excellent other than that. They said it was like it when they received it. I'm pretty positive it wasn't though.........

Ah thats a bummer mate . You know in your heart it was fine and they say it was broken ,it happens all the time i bet .

B12s marked as dispatched. :cool:

Not done anything else lately. Headlining is out due to slight water ingress from sunroof. It's due to a kink in the O/S rear drain hose and was leaking on my head in heavy rain. Will sort it at the weekend. Other than that, just been enjoying it regularly! Needs a good clean though, she's filthy!

They've arrived! Not opened them yet, missus is due back any minute so they're hidden in the car before she sees them! :lol:

They've arrived! Not opened them yet, missus is due back any minute so they're hidden in the car before she sees them! :lol:

Lol Sean,

I have been rushing out to the garage to get stuff for the missus in the hope that she wont cotton on. However I think she has noticed a pair of wings, two doors and a tailgate lurking!

She has however not found the box of new parts still to be put on the car!

What are we (men) like!

Dougie

Haha, I don't know how long I can hide it before taking them to the workshop. The parcel shelf is on top of the box, and the rear seats are half tilted forward! Lol

I had to hide them from her when they arrived earlier James. Just had a quick look, removed them from and disposed of the mahoosive box, and put them neatly in the boot whilst she was in the bath so she'll never know! :lol:

Probably best Sean. Previous post was supposed to be a cool smiley don't know what went on there.

Hi Sean,

Just looking into doing this set up myself, did you get them from Venom Motorsport code 46-190109 ?

Cheers - Paul