seanl82

Seanl82's ringer Storm

I got them from Demon tweeks Paul. Have a look a few pages back, Sean jaymo mentioned the cheapest place to get them there. The company didn't come up in my search for sourcing them so missed it.

Thanks Sean, would you have their contact details, what kit is yours?

I got the B12 kit, B8 dampers with Eibach springs. Had a mental argument with myself whether to get KW V1 coilovers, or these as they're fixed height. In the end and after having a ride in a Corrado with these fitted, and seeing them with both standard and 17" wheels (which I have), I decided these would be perfect for what I want.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCEQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.demon-tweeks.co.uk%2F&ei=VZbCVKzwAsm07gbAzIA4&usg=AFQjCNF2SIWUf229wuV5HDOGT6ynoZkKWg&sig2=85IfVQGWRSSVpObzhwRCcw

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/suspension-kits/car/volkswagen/corrado-vr6/1993/2-9/eibach-b12-pro-kit-suspension-kit-with-bilstein-b8-dampers-lowers-front-25-30mm-and-rear-25mm-2

Been a while since I updated, though not a great deal to report.

I've just been enjoying driving it since it has been back on the road after paint, and I've now got a couple of paint chips to show for it. :rolleyes:

I've still not fitted the Bilsteins, although hoping to in the next week or 2. I've got all parts ready to fit them, new top mounts front and rear, front spring top plates, rear bump stops etc etc. I've developed a little problem where it occasionally fails to turn over at the turn of the key. It seems like the starter motor is sticking as you can hear it clunk a little, but I've bought a replacement ignition switch anyway to rule that out. I've also done the headlight switch loom fuse mod because I don't want it to burst into flames now!

In the mean time, I've been sorting the Aqua ready for MOT which it failed today. I'll get on to that in a minute.

Had a little trip up to Stealth at the beginning of the month. An enjoyable day, and good to meet some new faces, as well as catch up with old ones.

DSC_0216_zpsvq1busab.jpg

First run produced the best result which I was happy with. Although if I'd not got the car up to temp, apparently it would have been even better. Its my first ever RR so you live and learn. I was shaking like the proverbial dog when taking the vid, hence the poor quality at points!

So onto the Aqua. I'd replaced all flexis and bled the brakes, but the disks were pretty pitted as its not seen the road in 10 months and has been left out exposed to the elements. I took it for an Italian tune up just before MOT, and stomped on the brakes as the pedal was quite spongy - common after fitting 288s and bleeding etc. It didn't clear, and one of the reasons it failed the MOT. This is actually because the brake compensator has completely seized apparently, resulting in very low rear brake effort. I never thought to check to be fair.

The other things it failed on.............................

- N/S front wheel bolts loose

- All four tyres not fitted in accordance with sidewall instructions. - They were all running in the wrong direction!

As you can see, I'm a bit of a pleb! Hopefully I can free off the compensator and bleed it all again, then it'll be a very sorted car.

For now, I'm content with being a douche.............

:bonk::bonk::bonk:

Well done on the rolling road Sean , I would like to do mine at some point , It might disappoint me though . Just a few niggles with the Aqua , not much to sort out really .

It was very nerve wracking Rob, glad to see she's still got it though!

Dave, James, thanks for the sympathetic response. I can always count on you guys for that. :rolleyes:

:lol:

some wheel swapping round for you soon then sean ;)

i had to double take & recheck a few times when putting all 4 BBS's on the valver & ended laying them by each corner prior to fitting lol

Haha easily done Sean but good news it's nothing serious. They were excellent figures you turned out at Stealth and your car looks awesome mate, really does :)

Went in this morning to have a little go at it. I'm near the point of having spent what it's worth, so wanted to see if I could sort it without having to buy a replacement compensator. A load of WD40, a rubber mallet, and a full bleed through again has certainly improved it, although it's still not perfect to be honest. Needs a good test drive to get it going again I hope. Wheels are all on the correct corner and done up tightly now though! Lol.

- N/S front wheel bolts loose

- All four tyres not fitted in accordance with sidewall instructions. - They were all running in the wrong direction!

As you can see, I'm a bit of a pleb! Hopefully I can free off the compensator and bleed it all again, then it'll be a very sorted car.

For now, I'm content with being a douche.............

:bonk::bonk::bonk:

Doh!!! :lol:

Good luck on the retest mate, btw I can't see the vid, it says it's private.

Rog.

Should be ok to view now Rog. First time I've posted anything on there so don't know what I'm doing!

Minor update. Not actually done anything to my car, just gathering a couple of parts as the Aqua is testing my patience!

Had to fit a brand new compensator, and now I'm pretty sure it also needs a master cylinder. Thankfully, I think I have one spare.

Bought some conversion hoses for the rear, and mk4 calipers should be with me next week. If all goes to plan and the aqua passes the MOT retest next Thursday, I'll have a bit of time to actually do something to my car, including fitting the Bilsteins! :rolleyes:

So, after roping the missus in to come into work at lunch time, we successfully bled the brakes on the Aqua manually using the pedal. Car now has a fresh ticket, and is ready for sale!

On the downside, she walked into my parts store, and saw the Bilsteins! :eek:

Needless to say, she wasn't best pleased. :bad-words: :agrue:

I'll try to look at it in a positive light though, which means I can bring them home and and fit them at the weekend! :dance:

Last week at work next week before a short amount of leave, then off on my travels! :(

Tomorrow will be giving the car a clean and fitting the new ignition switch, then doing preps for leaving work and shifting my parts into the garage where the car will spend the rest of the year. :pale:

Ahh bless! Thanks dude. :thumbleft:

But yes we do. Should be able to get on here provided its not blocked for some stupid reason. :o