seanl82

Seanl82's ringer Storm

21 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

PXL_20211118_131824612.jpg

PXL_20211118_131817274.jpg

PXL_20211119_094645984.jpg

Worth every penny that looks great and also essential maintenance as can be a mot failure . 👍 

Edited by Keyo

20 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Shiny headlights don’t half make the front end look better 👍 and it helps with night driving 🤣

Christ, you're on one tonight Shaun! 😆

16 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Worth every penny that looks great and also essential maintenance as can be a mot failure . 👍 

Indeed mate. No previous issues at MOT but they were looking pretty rough. I'd 'joey'd' them when I first got the car and when I removed the masking tape, it took a little bit of the reflective coating off with it. I wanted to get them looking original again anyway so pleased they've been done now. 

22 minutes ago, MJA said:

Looks great. Where do you get this done and assume you need to drop off in person?

Duel Metallising in Birmingham, there have been a few post over the years with people recommending them. I posted mine. As long as you're comfortable stripping the unit down, it's small and light enough to post by recorded and insured delivery. They do state that it's not insured when return delivered though. A bit of a gamble but they arrived back quickly and safely. 

5 hours ago, ChrisL said:

They look great, can’t wait to see them assembled 

Thanks Chris. They're back on the car now but it's difficult to get a pic with how it's angled in the garage. I'll get one next time it's out. 👍

nice and shiney.

I've been stripping all the headlights I had in the garage and found 1 with a decent mirror finish 😞 still, half way there

Those reflectors do look good. I'm looking at getting this done as well, makes a big difference with both functional and look. Cheers! 

MOT booked for Monday and service items including a new set of HT leads on the way. I've also bought a Dubpower front resonated pipe as the one on the car is non-res. Options for any potential buyer.....

Yes, it'll be for sale shortly. 😥

24 minutes ago, MJA said:

The non-res or the Car for sale!?! Hope the exhaust

Nope, the car. Been debating it for about 2 years now so it's time to let it go.... I'll put a sale and up next week.

I’m surprised mate, but you’ve had a long time, best of luck with whatever you decide 👍

26 minutes ago, easypops said:

I’m surprised mate, but you’ve had a long time, best of luck with whatever you decide 👍

Thanks Martin. Yeah I'm surprised at finally admitting it to myself too!. I used it once out of necessity last year, and don't have much desire to use it this year either. Every time the kids go in the garage to get their bikes, or go into the loft space where they have a play room I'm on edge, so it's causing more anxiety than pleasure! That's no reflection of its reliability btw, it's just too good now and the only way I'd be happy is if it was in a massive carcoon in the middle of a hangar!

😲😲 selling, noooo way

🤣 I totally get your reasons. Big decision tho 👍

I get you on the paint stuff and equally for me damage of fogs and lights I don't want to fork out to replace. I cracked an indicator on my first proper drive out a month ago. I'm going to see how this year goes for usage and may consider selling mine if I don't start using it more. 

7 hours ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

You’ve just not to be do precious with it, it only paint. Kids grow up in no time too

Easier said than done unfortunately. In all honesty, that's just one of the reasons though. The major bug bear is actually getting it out of the garage! First I have to remove loads of stuff that's in the way, then as the doors are on the long corner;.                               |-------------/. \--|

|--------------------|

(Sorry for the crap diagram!) I've got to drive forward and turn into the door, then use wheel dollies to shift the back round, drive forward a bit more, and dolly round again just to squeeze it out. The section near the door slopes down too, and I had one moment where the chocks on the front wheels slid whist I was shifting the back round, which in a mad panic I managed to keep pushing the back and just cleared the edge of the door by centimetres as it rolled forward. It's about a 45 minute evolution just to get it out. Then I've got to get it back in again. 🙄

Edited by seanl82

Deposit taken and buyer should be collecting next Thursday. Sounds like it's going to a good home which I'm very pleased about, a VW Enthusiast so it'll be in good hands.

I actually got a message from the original salesman from 95 as well! He's now an operations manager for one of the VW franchise groups and wanted the car to go into their Heritage collection!!!!!!

Jump back to page one of this thread, and you'll understand why I would have been incredibly proud had it gone that way. I couldn't in good conscience deny the current buyer though as he had first dibs.

So that's pretty much it. I get to drive it one last time as he's collecting from my folks place in Bristol, so a nice little tootle to drop it off on Sunday.  🥺

Congratulations chap - are you going to get a real nice daily or something else - it’s a stressful thing selling a Corrado as bit of a cult car but you seemed to of got it out the stables  quick enough . 

Thanks guys, yeah I've been here a while now, part of the furniture like some of you lot I guess! Lol. It's been a journey and there have been some great moments with the car, but it's come to a natural end now I think.

Too cheap, probably - judging by how quickly it sold and with guaranteed two genuine buyers at pretty much full asking price, it suggest so. I don't need the money so could have held out for longer with a higher asking price but realistic selling prices with the mileage were closer to what I asked.

No idea what I'll use the money for Keyo, my forces pension payout is due in June which is pretty substantial, so it was never about cash in pocket but I'm sure the wife already has it earmarked! Lol. 

I'll lurk for a while longer no doubt anyway as you never know, I may one day be back! 😆